DVDVR Message Board

RIP DEAN RASMUSSEN

RIPPA

For those wanting to dig into the Burning Hammer podcast archive linked above: Dean is on episodes 1-20, 22-26, 28-30, 33-34, (no show notes for 35-72), 73 (interview w/Preston Quinn); ep. 74 (along with Brad Stutts), ep. 76, and ep. 83.  

Edited by TimWresPowr
  • Like 3

Irrespective of being known by virtue of sharing PW hobby with online fandom, this is one extremely brave guy. Reading that list of ailments, I'm sure I'd have given up long ago. Complete & utter respect for the courage. Hope the little sent helps: great to see they are overall tracking above expectations. Thoughts and respect to the whole family experiencing and supporting through this.

I don't think I've ever seen wrestling written about with more enthusiasm than Dean's posts. The single infuriating block of text was such a perfect medium for Dean's thoughts. I can practically hear him hollerin at the wrestling on the TV. Like a lot of you, the tildebang made it into regular use in my texts years ago.

Keep up the fight Dean, we need you here

• Like 3

In an update I never wanted to write - our beloved Dean has passed away.

I have no further information than that.

Please tell those important to you that you love them

• Like 1
  • Sad 58

• RIPPA changed the title to RIP DEAN RASMUSSEN

I'm fucking heartbroken. DEAN was such a joy on these message boards and his writing, and just how happy he was to talk about wrestling with anyone. I aspired to have that kind of love for pro wrestling in my own life. I'm sorry if this is rambly, I just audibly yelled fuck when I saw the news, I'm gonna try and go find a podcast so I can hear him talk about Dick Murdoch's punches or something. Go tell someone you love them.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

I didn't want to post here over the last few days because I didn't want to talk about DEAN. I wanted to talk to him, and to welcome him back. Nothing but love for his memory, his family, and everyone here. I'll say more when I find the words.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 16

RIP @DEAN

I loved how he could be so enthusiastic yet have a critical eye for this pro wres we all love. His posts here were a treat to read. I feel so bad for his family...hope they are doing ok.

My condolences to all of you who knew Dean personally, and to those who were his internet friends, like me. Our little community has suffered a great loss.

🙏🏽❤️

• Like 4

This fucking sucks.

RIP to a real one. Glad the family got to witness the outpouring of love, which  sure will continue.

And I’m so sorry to everyone suffering through this loss. I know many of you have known him personally for decades.

Edited by Control
  • Like 6

Haven't posted on here in a very long time but wanted to send my condolences. DVDR and Dean's writing was such a huge part of my teenage and college wrestling fandom in the late 90s and early 2000s. Would print them out and read on the bus to and from school. Dean and all of the DVDR guys did so much to expose so many of us to different forms of wrestling and wrestlers. 

All I can say is thank you, Dean. 

Edited by Hagan
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, mystman said:

RIP Dean.

I wouldn't be on this board if it wasn't for him. I probably wouldn't love wrestling as much as I do if it wasn't for him.

That's true for so many of us.  It's heartbreaking, but... what a man, and what a life.

RIP

• Like 7

godddamn it, was hoping this was not the news we'd be seeing. RIP DEAN. He will be missed and his absence already felt.  The ~! had definitely become a regular thing online for me.

It often felt like we were watching wrestling together, because he was the only one that watched all the stuff I watched whether it was Impact most especially or WOW, ROH, Dark, etc. I always looked forward to getting on after each show and reading his latest recaps, often laughing out loud at things like his dislike of triple threat matches or the recent ROH review right after Tony said ROH was for us hardcore fans. I can remember the last run of SD comix from like 11-12 years ago with his drawings of Tyson Kidd standing out as memorable.  It was awesome how active he remained throughout all of this, posting from the hospital, as recently as just earlier this week. I will miss all the "rules the fucking world" reviews. I had hoped after last night, the good news would continue. This sucks. RIP my friend.

• Like 10