DVDVR Message Board

May 2023 Wrestling Talk

16 hours ago, Sparkleface said:

It was a Superstar Dream Match in Wrestling Superstars.

I remember reading it - Tyson surprises Hogan with a kick to the head; the finish is (I think) a dazed Hogan rolling away as Tyson misses a double punch (the impact on the mat causes Tyson to break both of his hands), Hogan drops the big leg. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Speaking of Bret, does anyone remember the weird Slam column he did where he just casually dropped in to a completely irrelevant topic that he was a distant relative to the founder of the KKK as a means of confirming how American he was?

Bruce Hart in his biography claims to have written Bret's column for years until Bret took it away from him as punishment for (I think) siding with Vince after Owen's death. It''s one of an endless number of things Bruce claims he did that people ripped off (Him and Brian Pillman's team was CLEARLY the inspiration for the Stone Cold character; the Hart Foundation's jackets were his idea (Bret claimed a photo of a monkey in epaulettes was the inspiration...no seriously), and IIRC Bruce even believed that he was the first perrson to give wrestlers theme songs to come to the ring to).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, caley said:

Bruce Hart in his biography claims to have written Bret's column for years until Bret took it away from him as punishment for (I think) siding with Vince after Owen's death. It''s one of an endless number of things Bruce claims he did that people ripped off (Him and Brian Pillman's team was CLEARLY the inspiration for the Stone Cold character; the Hart Foundation's jackets were his idea (Bret claimed a photo of a monkey in epaulettes was the inspiration...no seriously), and IIRC Bruce even believed that he was the first perrson to give wrestlers theme songs to come to the ring to).

Did Bruce ever team with Greg Gagne? Because that would have been a hell of a pairing. Call them the Inventors of Pro Wrestling.

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

nice of them to make it look like Tyson was within 9 inches of Hogan in height

Beat you to that! 🤭

• Like 1

Theme music??? That’s a Hulk Hogan tier lie. Now here as I think about it, maybe it’s not though because for some reason the person who I remember inventing theme music in wrestling seems like to easy of a guess but I’m pretty sure he’s who I read did it more than once.

Speaking of theme music, I was watching the Doc/Gordy vs. Abby/Kimala II match that @Matt D wrote about last week on my phone a couple days ago. My son (who is going through a serious Kiss phase right now) cuddled up next to me to watch. He popped HUGE when Doc and Gordy came out to "I Love it Loud".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I thought it was Michael Hayes. It could have been that he had the first music that a wrestler performed himself, or first video clip, or something else besides just theme music though. Or I could just be wrong period which has been known to happen. 

8 hours ago, southofheavy said:

Show him this one, too, while you're at it. 

https://youtu.be/PSURhxNYmDw

It was my favorite Kiss song when I was 12. Still is. 

That’s one of his favorites! It’s been fun seeing him get into Kiss because it’s 100% him. I’ve never been a fan (don’t dislike, just never got into them), so it’s all his discovery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1