DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2023

Just now, SprintingFromAmerica said:

Good chance I'm going to regret asking this, but who is the Elite buddy accused of mistreating underage girls?

Marty Scurl and Joey Ryan…I think that’s his name the guy that did “penis suplexes” as a finisher, shocking he’d turn out to be a creep, huh?

2 hours ago, FourPostMassacre said:

Just read a transcript of the “Bikini Girl” story from Punk and Cabana’s shoot. Is this old news? Because the story made me never want to see either of them on my TV again. Seeing multiple comments about “that’s how the wrestling business was back then” was disheartening if not surprising. 

Anyways I know people here hate Reddit but it’s kind of annoying to have people referencing drama without context so here you go and remember this was just how the wrestling business was and more fucked up things have happened right... 🤦🏻‍♂️

That is definitely how the wrestling business was. It was inexcusable then and it's inexcusable now. Yet people will find ways to excuse it, or worse, blame the people who want to be part of it for "allowing themselves" to be taken advantage of.

All because people really love watching people's matches. "Separate the art from the artist" is really easy when you're not the one impacted by who the artist hurts.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Marty Scurl and Joey Ryan…I think that’s his name the guy that did “penis suplexes” as a finisher, shocking he’d turn out to be a creep, huh?

Technically not true with regards Scurll, truth almost certainly bad enough and that's the point. Re: Ryan, yeah that's fine but you don't know that The Young Bucks knew anything about any of that. Ryan was friends with everybody except Jim Cornette and maybe Tazz. He was a founder of PWG. Are we smearing everybody who worked in early-ROH under Rob 'lol ill pretend you said 18' Feinstein? Good luck with *that*.

• Thanks 2

If Tony Khan did at any point agree to let Ace Steel return to TV and then dropped that at the last second this failure is on him. This whole thing is a shit show dumpster fire.

If Ace Steel did get rehired several months ago and we are only hearing about it now that tells me certain people didn’t want certain people knowing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, if the network is telling TK to do whatever it takes to make Punk return… well, can’t really fault him for it, I guess.

But it sounds like TK said Ace could return and be employed, but just not be at TV. and Punk doesn’t agree with that, so they’re at a stand-still over it. Probably not a big deal, just didn’t want to advertise Punk for Collision when it’s not set in stone, but then wrestling journalists got ahold of the story and… yeah.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If we're on the "Dixie secretly hiring Russo" side of the scale, we're in trouble. 

Who will TK send the wrong email to? Tries to email Meltzer and sends it to Scherer? Tries to email Alvarez and sends it to Last? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Who will TK send the wrong email to? Tries to email Meltzer and sends it to Scherer? Tries to email Alvarez and sends it to Last? 

1. First off, what is the likelihood you know two people who have Juno accounts in 2023?

2. Unless Alvarez's email also looks remotely like [email protected], TK should be fine on that one.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, if the network is telling TK to do whatever it takes to make Punk return… well, can’t really fault him for it, I guess.

But it sounds like TK said Ace could return and be employed, but just not be at TV. and Punk doesn’t agree with that, so they’re at a stand-still over it. Probably not a big deal, just didn’t want to advertise Punk for Collision when it’s not set in stone, but then wrestling journalists got ahold of the story and… yeah.

So then why renege on Steel? If Elite threatened to walk, clearly Punk is more important to Warners.

7 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

So then why renege on Steel? If Elite threatened to walk, clearly Punk is more important to Warners.

I don’t think TK or AEW reneged on him. Everything I’ve read says that they would bring Ace back, but not to TV tapings, and Punk disagreed with that and that’s where they are currently.

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

I don’t think TK or AEW reneged on him. Everything I’ve read says that they would bring Ace back, but not to TV tapings, and Punk disagreed with that and that’s where they are currently.

Hausman’s report said it was agreed upon that Steel would be allowed to return to TV then said he could not. 

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Hausman’s report said it was agreed upon that Steel would be allowed to return to TV then said he could not. 

Well, if that’s the case, then that’s TK’s fuck up that he would change it last minute like that right before WBD’s upfronts. By all accounts this has been an all week+ thing and WBD were told to remove Punk from the advertising material on Tuesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Interesting - so now the baseless speculation I'm sure shifts gears into who exactly blew the whistle and why - of course everyone's gonna assume it was Kenny/Bucks but it could have just as easily been a situation where legal said 'absolutely not'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

According to Fightful, Danielson is helping with creative for Collision.

Let’s all enjoy our five minutes of wholesome, interesting likely good news until the next thing happens.

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Interesting - so now the baseless speculation I'm sure shifts gears into who exactly blew the whistle and why - of course everyone's gonna assume it was Kenny/Bucks but it could have just as easily been a situation where legal said 'absolutely not'

The last bit makes all the sense in the world so expect the rabble online to dismiss it in favor of something completely farfetched.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1