DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2023

9 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

It sucks that you can't get the ignore button to work on a tablet. It would almost be worth buying a PC just to use it once. Oh! Maybe I can go to one of those internet cafes while I am in Osaka today. I might be able to do it there.

pZT94XO.png

• Haha 2

So which is it, do you want The Bucks & Kenny & Punk to refuse to work the date without more money, or be kept off the show as a punishment? Your posts are so disingenuous. I made the mistake of taking that one post at face value and you just up and add more verbal trash to the pile. I don't know what your hate boner with AEW is about but maybe you should harness that energy into something you do enjoy?

Saying The Elite no showed the MSG show is probably the dumbest post I've ever seen on this board. And that's covering a lot of ground. Dude The Rock no showed Mania this year!!1111!!!! Same logic. Someone not under contract wasn't on the show, absolutely shocking development.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

So which is it, do you want The Bucks & Kenny & Punk to refuse to work the date without more money, or be kept off the show as a punishment?

I don't want anything - I'm just saying the situation is ripe for hilarity because the locker room is such a shitshow

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

I don't want anything - I'm just saying the situation is ripe for hilarity because the locker room is such a shitshow

And you know this first hand? What other stories do you have from the lockerroom?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And you know this first hand? What other stories do you have from the lockerroom?

Sir, let me propose this hypothetical and improbable situation based on having very little evidence.

First of all, we don't even know who or what is on the card let alone what situation could arise from it. 

• Haha 1

So just imagine if the Main Event of Wembley is Will Ospreay vs MJF for the AEW World Title. And the event ends when MJF wins clean, but then Frank Bruno gets in the ring with Will Ospreay, and they sing Always Look on the Bright Side of Life together.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, AxB said:

So just imagine if the Main Event of Wembley is Will Ospreay vs MJF for the AEW World Title. And the event ends when MJF wins clean, but then Frank Bruno gets in the ring with Will Ospreay, and they sing Always Look on the Bright Side of Life together.

But think about the story

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Casey said:

But think about the story

Okay Triple H. What a dumbass he is for insisting that’s good storytelling. Put the damn belt on Drew (even for a week), and I’m sure he’s not trying to leave for AEW. But no the belt has to stay on his golden child that works less than two months a year (he worked 55 dates in 2022).

Dub is dead. Real end days of WCW numbers. Punk and Kenny no-show locked in for sure. Can't even sell out a 90k seater.

On a more grave and serious note: I'm hearing that Dark is done? Is that true? That breaks my heart! They at least deserve a send-off. I am game for the new Saturday show (if a little wary of the Friends of Punk/Friends of Elite divide), but Dark is really something special and unique that will leave a  big hole in terms of national exposure for independent workers. I hope once the dust has settled a little with all the new changes, they find the money/time/space for a new Youtube show.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Wonder what "AEW Wrestling content will air exclusively on WBD" might spell for future PPVs. At least with All In, seems like AEW is getting into the Premium Live Event business.

I feel like someone here posted a rumor a while ago about having AEW PPVs as a 'tentpole' for the Max streaming service - if all shows are WBD exclusive, then that one may track. 

Super bummed about Dark (though I hope it's resurrected as a streamer as speculated) - I thought only Elevation was getting the boot.

• Like 2