DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 5/11/23 - Chicago, IL

*Taped for BTI: Ace Austin (w/ Chris Bey) def. Zicky Dice (w/ Johnny Swinger) (8:44) after The Fold

Impact Wrestling - Airing May 11, 2023 from Chicago, IL

*Masha Slamovich def. Killer Kelly (8:45) via kicking off the buckles into a pinfall while in the Killer Clutch. After the match, Kelly kept hold of the Clutch until being forced off.

*Nick Aldis def. Sheldon Jean (3:31) via King's Lynn Cloverleaf submission. Kenny King did commentary.

*The Good Hands (Jason Hotch & John Skyler) def. Decay (Black Taurus & Crazzy Steve) (5:22) when Skyler pinned Taurus after a double team following interference from Brian Myers

*Steve Maclin(c) def. Rhino (9:06) after hitting his own Gore to retain the Impact Worlds Heavyweight Championship. After the match, Maclin attacks and smashes Rhino's ankle in a steel chair leading to Rhino being stretchered out.

*Dirty Dango (w/ Joe Hendry) def. Johnny Swinger (w/ Zicky Dice) (1:17) with a falcon arrow.

*The Coven (KiLynn King & Taylor Wilde)(c) def. Deonna Purrazzo & Jordynne Grace (14:17) when Taylor pinned Jordynne after a double team to retain the knockouts tag team championships. After the match, the Coven attack until Trinity makes the save.

Edited by DreamBroken

Great stuff from Masha and Kelly. Perfect way to open the show.

Really enjoyed the main too with the save by Trinity and show of respect between her and Grace. The Knockouts are just killing. 

• Like 3

Agreed, the on fire knockouts division with a great open and close to the show. Definitely look forward to more Masha/Kelly. Fun main event. Deonna seemed to vanish after Grace bumped her near the end.

Aldis looked good in his return to the Impact ring. Maclin/Rhino was pretty solid, glad it wasn't a total squash and there was a lot to it. Loved the post-match stuff with PCO popping out of the ambulance.

• Like 2

Kelly vs Masha was good. Two battle hardned women with a well of offense working a snug match. Got decent time too.  Masha Slamovich is the campiest wrestling name for me so despite being one of the best on the roster she'll never win me over as a  character. 

Speaking of characters The Coven comes across as forced. Taylor Wilde and Kilynn are not witches... even if they're holding tarot cards on the way to the ring.

The tag was a solid match. I'd like to see Jordynne and Kilynn in a 1v1 slugging it out. 

Trinity looked/sounded good backstage with the promo and got a good response for the save. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AverageKong said:

Speaking of characters The Coven comes across as forced. Taylor Wilde and Kilynn are not witches... even if they're holding tarot cards on the way to the ring.

What's funny is that Taylor actually has called herself a witch irl for a while. She's discussed her journey on her podcast and regularly delves into the spiritual.

I believe Kilynn is too. 

Kelly took my advice from Multiverse pre-show and kept pulling and adjusting her gear a lot. This may have been one of the reasons she was distracted during the finish and got pinned. She may need new gear, sadly.

Ok, what the fuck Maclin? That was not necessary going batshit with the shovel on Rhino's knee like that! PCO had some words for him afterwards, and probably tore through the bottom of an ambulance in order to ambush him, too!

Yeah, I don't believie (in) Joe Hendry when he says a broken nose is usually a career ender, unless you are a face model, or something.

The Coven with a big win. They also have a really cool entrance theme!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jamal said:

What's funny is that Taylor actually has called herself a witch irl for a while. She's discussed her journey on her podcast and regularly delves into the spiritual.

I believe Kilynn is too. 

So they were who were banned from ringside in the Elite/HOB match on Dynamite?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4