DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/17 - 4/23/2023

Dolfan in NYC

TONIGHT~

Austin Theory vs. Bobby Lashley again?  (Because this feud can never end?)

Why Trish Why?  (Because Everyone Hates Becky?)

Will Brock accept Cody's challenge?  (Duh)

--

But the important thing happens tomorrow!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elizium said:

That's the best pic they managed to get?

With the move to digital photography, I'm always amazed at some of the pics that get used for ads, promos, etc. in all walks of life. Like, you can take another one. You won't run out of film. Keep trying until you get a good one.

• Like 1

To anyone saying Vince is running creative just look at all the worked shoot BS going on now. Clearly he’s not in charge. Becky and Drew both running the same stupid Twitter angle at the same time is something that he wouldn’t get, and that he wouldn’t want either. Triple H needs to reel these people back in.

Solo Sikoa beats on wee Rey Mysterio!  NERVE PINCH!  That's keeping traditions I dig.  Rey makes a little comeback!  THE USOS! LWO!  SAMOAN SPIKE!  Samoan Spike's on the LWO POSTMATCH!  I love how over Solo's finisher is.  I don't see how getting any of the Judgement Day to take Solo's place is an upgrade.  But this story is fun.  It's Bianca Belair!  It's Dakota Kai!  They do some lowgrade professional wrestling and it's fine.  The biggest move was the KOD but there were a lot roll-ups and counter rollups.  It's strange how ATHENA, Jamie Hayter and EMI bringing the STIFF lately has made WWE women's style passe.  I guess they can't infringe on GUNTHER, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre and Viking Raiders staked out territory.  It's awesome that Hayter (and Toni Storm) staked out the stiffness territory for the women of AEW. Actually, Gail Kim staked it out in IMPACT! a decade ago.  Sisters are doing it for themselves!  Cody Rhodes IS Wardlow!  The MIZ takes on Seth Rollins!  The Miz is quite the very famous Tony Garea, which isn't bad.  I don't see him winning.  Seth Rollins sells well enough to put all that in question early!  Rollins makes a comeback and three Topes make the finish of this pretty much decided.  I've never noticed that Rollins utilizes the SlingBlade.  Fun nearfall on a Miz lungblower.  GREAT nearfall on the Miz getting his knees up on a toprope dive!  FIGURE FOUR!  This is WAAAY better than I thought it would be.  GREAT NEARFALL on triple DDTS by Miz!  Rollins hits his finisher and that ends that.  That was fucking GREAT!  We have Bobby Lashley!  We have Austin Theory!  Lashley hits some impressive power moves.  Theory battles back with less impressive offense.  Bobby Lashley gets the crowd behind his comeback!  Austin Theory cuts him off at the knees!  Fun nearfall by Lashley!  Bronson Reed runs in!  So that was a shitty finish but the match was pretty good.  Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez are NOT wrestling.  They are just hanging around as Candice LeRae and Mia Yim take on Chelsea Green and Sonya Deville! They don't wrestle very long.  It's perfectly fine.  This is a really good episode!  It's a little rough to watch in real time.  I'm getting pretty tired.  It's like I picked ROH taping night at AEW Dynamite.  The Judgement Day take on Matt Riddle, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.  The match up I am most excite about is Damien Priest and Sami Zayn.  I am also excited about seeing Matt Riddle assuming the roll of Ricky Morton again.  Little Rock doesn't like Dominik!  Owens looks fucking great in this. OWens is assuming the Riddle role on this match.  It's so strange.  The Judgement Day are Danhausen (Dominik), Matt Sydel (Finn Balor) and Damien Priest.  It's so strange to think of them as a threat.  ( And VADER ((Rhea Ripley))).  Damien Priest finally gets Riddle in the position he needs to be in- sympathetic babyface.  Sami Zayn makes the HOT TAG!  FUN NEARFALL on Sami by Love Machining Dominik!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB FOR TWO!  RIDDLE HITS A TWISTING MOONSAULT FOR THE WIN!  EVERY BODY shows up POSTMATCH and THAT is fun!   What a fun episode of the professional wrestling. HHH! HHH! HHH!

• Like 3

Not a great promo by Trish but when was the last time she had to do a long WWE wrestler explains their actions promo?

Dipped out on the show over the last hour, but really liked Rollins-Miz.

Would it kill them to give me a frickin Rick Boogz match? Hasn’t had a singles match since February 

Solo/Rey was solid. Dug the post match shenanigans with the Bloodline beating on the LWO. 

Bianca/Dakota was solid. Nothing super standout though I do think these two work well together.

Miz/Seth pulled a fucking great match completely out of their asses. Like they have worked well in the past each other but nothing like this and so randomly. Loved Miz attacking Seth pre-match and just trying to beat his ass. Miz was more on point than usual with his offense and Seth had some good comebacks. Was also neat seeing both pull out offense they don't use too often. So damn good and surprising. 

Lashley/Theory built into a good match up until the fuck finish with "Nice Guy" Bronson Reed attacking. The post match attack on Lashley was fine. 

Trish's promo was pretty solid if a minute or so longer than needed. 

Sonya/Chelsea vs. Candice/Mia was decent enough while it lasted.

Judgement Day vs. Sami/KO/Riddle was good. Loved how Rhea interfered and how it came back on her before the end. The post match brawl between all the factions was fun. Seriously, fuck a normal six-man tag, just give us a crazy 6 vs. 6 brawl in PR for Backlash.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I thought the DYAD asked for their release!  Anyway, once again we have three tagteams I would love to see wrestle each other but not all at once.  The Creed Brothers and Gallus is going to rule down the road.  Gallus and the DYAD are going to rule down the road. Annnd DYAD and the Creeds will rule down the road.  Just make sure you got UK tagteams involved.   So the Creed Brothers are positioned in a good space.  They can be wild and out of control and UK dudes can reel them in.  BRUTUS BOMB! WOLFGANG DOES A THING!  That was good for a three way.  I don't think I've ever seen Noam Dar.  I see on cagematch.com that he is from Israel but comes out of Scotland.  So yes, another UK dude.  Myles guy looks good in a squashy situation.  Stuff is getting even better, it looks like.  Dar seems different that the other UK dudes, but it is only one match I've seen.  It's Odyssey Jones.  It's EVIL Bron Breakker!  OH!  It's a VEHICLE to bring us Breakker versus Duke Hudson.  Or Andre Chase.  That'll be good.  Roxanne Perez is wrestling again!  It's cool how Zoey Startk has gone from gal who was the top babyface in Championship Wrestling from Hollywood to being one of the guiding hands of NXT.  This is some real wrestling.  Just total competence and execution.  Oh man, they are the only Americans on the NXT roster that can compare with the UK contingent.  If they could just bump like Alba Fyre, we would have something transcendent on our hands.  Roxanne still has the sympathetic babyface thing going for her and her comeback is awesome!  GREAT GERMAN SUPLEX by Stark for two!  POP ROCKS by Perez for the win!  That was a good batch of wrestling.  I didn't know Von Wagner is Wayne Bloom or Mike Enos son!  That's awesome!  (The internet says Wayne Bloom!)  It's Cora Jade taking on Gigi Dolin.  This is good.  Dolin sells a bunch early.  Jaycie Jayne comes out and Gigi and Jayne fight for a few seconds.  Cora Jade wins with a DDT.  That became quite a mess.  Apollo Crews taking on Dijak should be good.  Or very short.  There is a Wes Lee match to fit in too.  Apollo gets a bunch of stuff in early.  Nice German Suplexes by Crews.  Dijak is giving Crews everything so far.  Dijak hits his finishers and eventually wins. That was good.  Awesome!  It's Charlie Dempsey versus Wes Lee!  Oh!  This match is good.  I think of Wes Lee as the WWE version of Speedball Mike Bailey.  Lee is more spectacular but not as interesting as a character.  Dempsey is our own Zack Sabre Jr wannabe of the five or so NXT wannabe Zack Sabre Jrs. What a strangely awesome company.  Whoa!  They blew the finish.  Yoinks!  UNEVEN episode but they gave it a shot and I respect that. 

• Like 2

The tag titles match was good fun. Dug the chaotic start and similarly chaotic end. Still would have rather this been a proper 2 on 2 tag.

The Dar/Myles squash was fine.

Dug the Bron/Duke segment. Its kind of funny how the crowd has kind of just accepted Duke will always be a bit of worm but they will still love the guy. 

Roxanne/Zoey was good. Just nice back and forth action with the execution being pretty solid. Definitely one of Roxanne's best performances in NXT so far. Not happy about the triple threat title match set up for next week, but it will probably be fine. 

Cora/Gigi was fine up until the finishing parts with Jacy getting involved. That part was weak and messy unfortunately. 

Dijak/Crews was fine while it lasted.

Wes/Dempsey was nice. Its always fun seeing Dempsey dig in on holds. I do wish it got a few more minutes with Wes getting a bigger comeback before the finish though the finish was fine. I assume the post match attack by ulak means we are getting Wes/Gulak soon so I have no complaints there. 

Final segment with Waller and Hayes was generally decent. 

• Like 1

Only saw the Bron-Duke confrontation, but thought that was easily the best promo I’ve seen Duke cut.  By a mile.  Was kind of perplexed why Bron turned away from Duke and the Chase U crew to start addressing… Adrian Chase.  Who wasn’t there.  Now I’m not clear who Bron is facing at Spring Breakin’.  Duke?

Bron was distractingly orange during this.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

5 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Only saw the Bron-Duke confrontation, but thought that was easily the best promo I’ve seen Duke cut.  By a mile.  Was kind of perplexed why Bron turned away from Duke and the Chase U crew to start addressing… Adrian Chase.  Who wasn’t there.  Now I’m not clear who Bron is facing at Spring Breakin’.  Duke?

Bron was distractingly orange during this.

Bron is facing Andre Chase.  Hudson's playing the disingenuous face who continuously gets Chase U into sticky situations.

Edited by nofuture
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

OMFG Nathan Frazier has a John Oliver gimmick! I don't think I've ever seen him wrestle. But wow this is a great great great great gimmick.

Holy shit, how did they turn 24-year old up and comer Ben Carter into a middle-aged divorced dad?

”Nathan Frazer” 100% drives a Miata so his kids will think he’s cool, but they still make him drop them off around the corner from the mall.

40 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Bron is facing Andre Chase.  Hudson's playing the disingenuous face who continuously gets Chase U into sticky situations.

Ok, I didn’t quite grasp that.  I thought the match was bron-Duke.  Honestly, I think the crowd would get behind a Duke babyface push.

The crowd wants to cheer Chase U.  it’s annoying they’re mostly used as cannon fodder.