DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2023 - THE QUEST~!

RIPPA

50 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Sam for Jiri Kulich, Devon Levi and destroying the Leafs is going to overtake the trade that landed us Hasek as the best in Sabres history.

Alex Pietrangelo got 1 game for intentionally trying to injure Leon Draisaitl. The NHL, in explaining the suspension, literally said they didn't give him more because the series is tied and his attempt to injure wasn't actually successful. Wish I was making that up. 

27 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I have no idea how you look at Nurse getting an instigator and Pietrangelo committing armed assault and go "yeah those are the same punishment", there's one reason I don't care as much about the NHL as I used to.

Especially since, as his own teammate admitted, the guy Nurse fought (Hague) actually ASKED for the fight.

It is INSANE the way the NHL punishes outcomes instead of actions.  

• Like 1

Bob decided he needed to go home on time, so he pitched a shut out last night.  I believe he's stopped ~65 shots in a row now.  

The other thing... there are about 500 steps between then and now, but if the series both wrap very early, the NHL will consider moving up the start date of the SCF.   Game 1 is currently set for June 3.  

Hey look, Jamie Benn crosschecking a guy that's bent over or on the ground? That's a story that Dylan Larkin is familiar with. Kudos to Benn, the Dallas CAPTAIN, for getting himself kicked out ONE MINUTE into the biggest game of the season. Unreal. 

14 hours ago, Tabe said:

Hey look, Jamie Benn crosschecking a guy that's bent over or on the ground? That's a story that Dylan Larkin is familiar with. Kudos to Benn, the Dallas CAPTAIN, for getting himself kicked out ONE MINUTE into the biggest game of the season. Unreal. 

No, you see he just fell on Stone and used his stick as a landing point. So it's actually the stick's fault.

Sean McIndoe’s comment was if that’s the best excuse he could come up with after a whole night to think about it, what would he have said immediately after the game if he’d stuck around to talk to media?

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Lot of ragging on Benn on Twitter today for being the worst captain in the NHL: dirty player, shit attitude

He deserves to be stripped of the C for doing this in the first place but ESPECIALLY for just straight up lying instead of taking accountability. 

• 2 weeks later...

Florida has apparently forgotten how to play defense, tying an all-time record by allowing 12 goals in the first 2 games of the Cup Finals while Matthew Tkachuk has remembered what a piece of garbage he is by sucker-punching a guy at the end of game 1 and somehow getting three 10-minute misconducts in the first 2 games.  Vegas has dominated, Florida looks like they don't belong anywhere near this series so far.  2-0.

• Sad 1