DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2023 - THE QUEST~!

RIPPA

cut.jpg

Terrible graphic via the NHL website

Eastern Conference

Boston Bruins (A1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) - First game Monday, April 17

Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3)- First game Tuesday, April 18

Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. New York Islanders (WC1) - First game Monday, April 17

New Jersey Devils (M2) vs. New York Rangers (M3) - First game Tuesday, April 18

Western Conference

Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Seattle Kraken (WC1) - First game Tuesday, April 18

Dallas Stars (C2) vs. Minnesota Wild (C3) - First game Monday, April 17

Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Winnipeg Jets (WC2) - First game Tuesday, April 18

Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs. Los Angeles Kings (P3) - First game Monday, April 17

• Like 1

Kings take GM1 in Edmonton, 4-3 OT.

Kings won it on the powerplay.

Going to be a tough series, but this Kings team is built differently from last year, so I'm hoping to get a better result.

In other games Boston took GM1 from Florida and The Wild has to go to double OT to beat the Stars.

I am also enjoying seeing all the folks who work in the video game industry and live in Seattle area getting their baptism into playoff hockey

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

Bunting's hit deserved a match penalty. Can't believe anyone is trying to defend that. 

Jets played great and won game 1 in Vegas last night. Sleepy, but happy at work today. 

Remembering that Cernak was the guy who hit Rasmus Dahlin with a vicious elbow to the head and left him laying in a pool of his own blood in Stockholm a few years back I think Bunting deserves a nice box of Timbits and a large double-double for good measure.

Cale Makar was given a one game vacation for the hit that knocked out Jared McCann. 

Also, Matt Tkachuk was fined $5000 for the (alleged) cheap shot on Garnet Hathaway.  I don't know what they mean by a cheap shot though... My monitor went out.  

(Here's to hoping he gets another $5000 for hitting that tall bitch Ullmark.)

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Cale Makar was given a one game vacation for the hit that knocked out Jared McCann. 

Makar deserved more than that.  He did about an 85% Dale Hunter there and got about 8-10% of the punishment.  

And the officials on the ice at the time should be getting a game or three themselves for seeing the hit and not kicking him out.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Makar deserved more than that.  He did about an 85% Dale Hunter there and got about 8-10% of the punishment.  

And the officials on the ice at the time should be getting a game or three themselves for seeing the hit and not kicking him out.  

Makar should have been given the rest of the series off, at minimum.

That hit was an assault with official looking right at him.

Pitiful.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Makar should have been given the rest of the series off, at minimum.

That hit was an assault with official looking right at him.

Pitiful.

And, again, the refs saw it, then looked at it on video, and decided it was a 2-min penalty. Horrible. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

With the Wild's elimination, it marks the 50th consecutive time a Minneapolis team has made the playoffs without reaching the finals of their league.  (Last finals appearance was the '91 Twins.)

No other city has ever had more than 30 appearances without making it to the finals. 

Is it me or did the Devils expose themselves last night? Playing the final 5+ minutes with the empty net while down 5-2 makes me think they're scared to death at the prospects of playing Game 7 in front of a 50/50 crowd on their home ice. They wanted to end it at MSG no matter what, it didn't work, and now they're locked into a scenario they don't have the stomach to endure.