DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 4/10 - 4/16/2023

Dolfan in NYC

This applies to a *LOT* of people in last week's thread.

OrneryDisloyalBluejay-max-1mb.gif

Doesn't sound like Roman's going to Puerto Rico next month, so now we just prep for The DRAFT~ (whenever that happens).  

6 minutes ago, LF2 said:

So based on the Saudi show being King and Queen of the Ring does anyone see Roman defending there, and if so who will he defend against? 

There was a rumored leaked advertisement (I can't remember the reliable nature of the source) that had Cody vs Roman for at least one of the belts in Saudi. That leak was a couple weeks before Mania and maybe hinted to me the real possibility of Roman going over. At this point though, I'd say it doesn't look likely. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

There was a rumored leaked advertisement (I can't remember the reliable nature of the source) that had Cody vs Roman for at least one of the belts in Saudi. That leak was a couple weeks before Mania and maybe hinted to me the real possibility of Roman going over. At this point though, I'd say it doesn't look likely. 

If Cody beats Brock I can see them running Cody vs Roman for the WWE Title since that’s the one Cody always references. But I think they’d get cute with it like Cody did in AEW with the strip being if Cody doesn’t win then he can’t ever challenge Roman for the belt(s) again. 

42 minutes ago, LF2 said:

So based on the Saudi show being King and Queen of the Ring does anyone see Roman defending there, and if so who will he defend against? 

Mansoor.

But he won't have any references or hints towards the Maximum Male Models.

Then on their next YouTube spot Mace' will ask him what he got up to over the weekend...

"Nothin..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Mansoor.

But he won't have any references or hints towards the Maximum Male Models.

Then on their next YouTube spot Mace' will ask him what he got up to over the weekend...

"Nothin..."

After the hyper-seriousness of the Cody/Roman mini-feud, I'd kill to see the Bloodline vs. MMM for a month.  

And btw, the other match that it clearly looks like they're building for PR is Uso/Uso/Uso vs. Riddle & The Habs.   That might be the main too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it's Finn Balor versus Rey Mysterio!  Rey Rey hits his usual spots.  Rey is almost as tall as Finn.   Great counter to the 619.  Toprope Hurricanrana by Rey is really nice.  Balor gets his feet up for the Love Machine Splash! and a roll-up FOR TWO!  Tope by Rey on Dominik!  Dominik FINALLY gets Rey with the chain!  Balor hits his finisher and that's that!  That was good.  Trish Stratus is Freebirding for Lita!  Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez are all over the place these days!  Rodriguez uses her power!  Liv is still kinda crazy!  I don't think I've actually seen Trish Stratus wrestle before.  She seems okay.  Raquel is awesome.  So they are going to do the Trish heel turn already, with her attacking Lita?  I heard rumors that she was turning heel!  I HEARD IT!  Raquel powerbomb everybody!  A lot of odd things happen in this match since it looks like Bex seems to making it as she goes along.  So this is pretty great.  Liv Morgan rolls up Stratus for the win!  AH! I CALLED IT!  Trish is EVIL!  It's Bobby Lashley versus Bronson Reed!  This should be good.  Oh, this is great!  HOSS FIGHT!  Reed is so fun, being all fat and agile.  Lashley is awesome getting Reed up for a Snap Suplex!  Reed uses his largeness to avoid the Full Nelson!  Reed crushes him!  Giant Spinebuster by Bobby!  Double count out!  That was great!  They keep fighting!  And fighting!  YAAAY!  The Alpha Academy versus the Usos!  Otis is all wacky now.  HE'S JIGGLY!  Otis is the new Jimmy Boogie-Woogie Man Valient.  Chad Gable gets beaten on by the desperate Usos!  EXPLOIDER by Gable!  Hot Tag to Mr Boogie-Woogie!  Otis slams both Usos!  Otis does the Worm!  AA with the Doomsday Device for TWO!  Usos tope Otis separately!  Gable gets a GREAT nearfall on a toprope Splash!  TEAM 3-D for the win!  And THAT was great!  SO I guess since everybody is stuck in an airport, they had to give each match like extra 8 minutes- THUS RAW is ROH!  Oh no!  A TRIPLE THREAT MATCH!  Oh well.  It was a good run tonight.  Mia Yim looks good in this, Piper Niven takes an ass beating in this.  BEAUTIFUL Dragon Suplex by Yim!  Yim with the CODE RED for two!  IYO sneaks in a Moonsault for the win!  That was good for a triple threat.  It's Kevin Owens!  It's Solo Sikoa!  Owens sells the knee!  Owens keeps selling the knee!  Solo beats on the damaged Owens!  Kevin Owens is so fucking GREAT.  Owens goes for the Cannonball but his knee gives out!  Owens hits a Love Machine Splash but HIS KNEE!  SWanton for TWO!  CHEATING BY ASSORTED USOS!  SAMOAN SPIKE!  ZANE!  RIDDLE!  That was fucking great.  This whole episode is fucking great.  They should be understaffed every week.  HHH! HHH! HHH!

• Like 5

For a RAW that had noticeable travel issues, it ended up being pretty decent overall because they just extended the match lengths.  Rey vs. Balor was decent.   

The women's tag titles changed hands.  Trish was always a great heel so hey why not.  I don't mind the turn there.  Could be awesome. 

I liked Cody's promo and he was still really over but the reasoning so far for Lesnar's turn is lame.  

The Usos vs. Alpha Academy was a damn fine match.  

The end brawl was fine.  

My favorite thing on the whole show though?   Lashley vs. Bronson Reed!  It was a bit sloppy but it a good way. Just two big ass dudes going to war. Ended in a double count out and I like that outcome.  Let's run it back! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I liked Cody's promo and he was still really over but the reasoning so far for Lesnar's turn is lame. 

I took it as Cody not believing that's the reason Lesnar did it and that Heyman was more involved than he's letting on.

Anyway, Cody is so good at this. Loved the promo. Still hate the finish to Wrestlemania, but I am still all in on him taking the belts.

I tuned out on some of the show, but loved Alpha Academy and the Usos. Was really hoping for the upset even tho it wasn't likely. I will forever bang on the drum that Gable and especially Otis should be top of the card dudes.

I don't remember too much of the match because it was a long 3 hours ago but I dug Finn-Rey and loved the frog splash > knees near fall.

Tag title match started rough for me, but really dug the last few minutes. Pretty whatever about the Trish turn, but I guess there's not much else going on for Becky in a tag team now that the Damage Control feud is done. I'm guessing we get one more Lita match and then hopefully she's done. Watching her is like watching Matt Hardy matches for me now, where I just get sad watching them hobble around.

Much needed win for Solo after the loss to Cody. Kevin Owens, also really good at this.

Was occupied for a lot of the rest, so I can't really speak on it.

Show wasn't too bad tonight. I guess it could have been worse all things considered with the travel issues. 

Rey vs. Finn was a good match. Dominik continues to be a little shit and he's so great at it. Who would have ever guessed this kid could get nuclear heat like no one else.

The women's tag match was pretty good. There was some miscommunication with Becky and Trish but in retrospect that was probably a little foreshadowing of what was to come. I'm gonna guess it will come out that Trish attacked Lita. Good win for Liv and Raquel. Hopefully they get a nice run with the titles.

Cody cut a hell of a promo. I hope they come up with something interesting as to why Brock did it other than he was pissed about his match placement. But I thought Cody's promo was really good. 

Lashley vs. Reed. This is a feud I can get behind. I hope we get a lot more of it.

Uso's vs. Alpha Academy was pretty good. Otis has a wealth of untapped potential and he showed glimmer's of it tonight. The crowd loves the guy. Chad Gable got in some good spots before losing the match.

The triple threat was what it was. I would have prefered to see Mia Yim win, but Bianca vs. Iyo should be good.

Main event was all right. Solo continues to run wild with the help of the Uso's. I figured Sami and Riddle would show up at the end and they did. Nice brawl to end things. Overall not a bad show.

Rey/Finn was solid. Dug the finish.

Women's tag title match was messy. Not sure how much of this was things being on the fly, rewrites throwing things off, or Trish having ring rust. Graves covered for it well enough mentioning Trish and Becky not being used to each other as team yet. Even with the mess it built into something entertaining enough. 

Lashley/Reed was fun as a big guy brawl/hoss match. Kind of dug it all playing into the double countout. Will be fun to see them run it back.

Cody's promo was pretty solid. I'm surprisingly into the idea of him/Brock even though the chances of it being good are low. Hopefully we get the Brock that gives a fuck like in his matches with Bryan, Finn, and AJ.

Usos vs. Alpha Academy was pretty darn good. Dug how it built up and seeing the crowd slowly getting behind Gable like they were Otis. 

Io vs. Mia vs. Piper was a fun match. Glad Io won. Kind of dug the segment building into it. I assume this is the start of the Damage Ctrl. breakup. Will be interesting to see who turns face out of it.

Solo/KO was solid as expected. The post match with Riddle and Sami finally arriving was decent as well.

Kind of curious what was changed here as it felt like at least half the how would have been what we got anyways. 

• Like 2