DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

ITS THE SUMMER OF DOLFAN!

The job's not finished.  Let's FUCKING GO

... are you saying they should.... finish the story?

Cody-Rhodes-en-WrestleMania-39-600x338.j

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Back in early April, Jimmy Butler offered tennis star and Heat fan Coco Gauff tickets to their April 9 finale with Orlando and playoff tickets.

“I said, ‘I won’t be here,'" Gauff said of her response to Butler, per AP. "'I'll be in Madrid and then Rome and then France.' And then he said, ‘OK, when we make the Finals, let me know if your family wants some tickets.’ So this was before we were even in the playoffs.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ohtani's jacket said:

The Celtics are the latest victims of that old adage, "You never know if you'll get back again."

It's too early to say this for sure, but they definitely have a whiff of the Shaq/Penny Magic and the KD/Russ Thunder.

Well, I was expecting and hoping for a total slugfest in Game 1. 

Nikola Jokic, however, was completely unfazed tonight. He pretty much auto piloted his way to a triple double. 

Kinda seems they let Bam get his and shut the rest of the Heat down. That said, Miami got a lot of really good looks and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. 
That's not gonna be the case for the rest of the series. 

Hoping for a more competitive game 2, but three wins left for the Nuggets!

I just wanted to say that in the middle of BOS/MIA Game 4 I put $10 on a reverse sweep because I was convinced it would happen as the captain of the “NBA is a work” brigade, and I had a chance last Sunday to cash out for $48 after it was tied up, or let it ride and try to win $60.

Suffice it to say it didn’t happen. They can’t even work a playoff series right, and right now I hope the Nuggets sweep the whole thing and win the rest of the games by 40.

• Like 1

I still maintain the fact that the New York market hasn't won a title since 1973 and hasn't been in the finals since 1999 (2003 if you count New Jersey but I don't) is all the proof you need the NBA isn't rigged.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I still maintain the fact that the New York market hasn't won a title since 1973 and hasn't been in the finals since 1999 (2003 if you count New Jersey but I don't) is all the proof you need the NBA isn't rigged.

Yeah, if the NBA was rigged, I don't think they'd be rigging it for San Antonio. H-E-B isn't that big a sponsor.

• Like 1

I honestly kinda hope Doc winds up calling games next year. That little stretch where he did it in the playoffs after being fired by Orlando/before starting with the Celtics he was quite good.

Plus he can't blow a game seven that way.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, southofheavy said:

Fucking LOST IT when Mark Jackson said "There used to be two announcers." God, that was awesome.

Now see I don’t mind because the one making that comment is my least favorite NBA commentator. It’s like you sucked as a coach, and you’re somehow more insufferable as a commentator. That shouldn’t be allowed. 

A couple fun (unless you are a Heat fan) stats from last night.

Jokic and Murray are the first teammates to ever both have a thirty point triple double in a game. Not just a Finals or playoff game, but any game in NBA history.

Wilt Chamberlain had the first ever 30-20-10 game in playoff history.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had the second.

Nikola Jokic had the third, fourth, and last night fifth ever (and first ever in a finals game.)

• Like 4