DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

This was the last few seconds of Celtics fans.

Ok.. here we..wait.. SMART? NOOooooooOOooooo

(gets ready to hit send on 2500 word diatribe on the Celtics starting at,"fire Mazzula, trade Tatum and Brown, move the team to fiji")

(Buffalo tips it in..)

YESSSSSS!!!

Had them all the way!

(tries to pour drink, spills it all over the place because hands are shaking)

• Like 1

I would've been fine with Boston vs. Denver in the finals this year.

What I'm not fine with is Boston possibly being the first team to come back from 3-0. That city is not allowed to have that bit of history too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I would've been fine with Boston vs. Denver in the finals this year.

What I'm not fine with is Boston possibly being the first team to come back from 3-0. That city is not allowed to have that bit of history too.

Yeah.. about that.... 😉 (I know, you meant in NBA, but...)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

I know coming back 3-0 has never happened in NBA but how many times has a team in any league gone from down 3-0 to 3-3 only to lose game 7.  

Happened three times before in the NBA. I don't think anyone in MLB had done so before 2004. This will be the first NBA game 7 where the team coming back from a 3-0 series deficit will be playing game 7 at home

3 hours ago, Zimbra said:

As a hater it's very exciting that we're guaranteed to either see Miami fumble a 3-0 lead or Boston fumble a crucial game 7.

Either way, I'm eating.

Now I'm picturing Giannis eating.

A pint of Ben and Jerry's.

On vacation.

LOL.

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

How can you come back from 0-3 and then choke so damn hard in Game 7? Sure, Tatum had the excuse with the ankle but what was Brown’s excuse? 

7-43 from three for the series is just brutal. And 8 turnovers in game 7.

Boston is gonna be real interesting to see what they do this off-season.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

7-43 from three for the series is just brutal. And 8 turnovers in game 7.

Boston is gonna be real interesting to see what they do this off-season.

Haven't you heard?  Brown is joining a "Big 3" in Houston apparently.

• Haha 1

The finals this year feels like it was made for the real fans. We all know that Jokic is just a wizard and when the Nuggets are cooking they are an elite world beater. We also might roll our eyes at the constant mention of Heat Culture but god damnit I would do anything to flip what Miami is with my hometown Sixers in less than one second. Jimmy Butler is a national treasure. And while what the Heat have done is incredible, I think they would be the one franchise where I would believe they could go on a run from the play-in and running through Milwaukee and Boston. (Barring something like an injury to a MVP candidate who misses 55 games and then comes back in time for the playoffs.)

I hope casuals tune into this even without Steph or LeBron or the Celtics or whoever. This is a fantastic finals. 

I do think it’s Denver’s to lose, but I think it is going to be a good one.

• Like 1