DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

Not surprised that the Warriors' shitty season ended early. Kerr put it best when he said the team was maxed out. It's too bad that Wiggins was hurt for the final game. They absolutely needed him to have another great game to slow down LeBron and force a Game 7. Playing every other day hurt the Warriors as much as it did the Lakers. it'll be interesting to see whether the Lakers can get past Denver. 

Philly I am begging you. Deliver me from the the worst hell in all of professional sports, a good Celtics team.

I'll even pretend James Harden isn't the NBA's all-time premiere choke artist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

death, taxes  and Doc Rivers choking in a must win playoff game.  always going to happen

Combining Doc "I've lost more game 7's than anybody ever" Rivers with James "2-11 facing elimination... Twice" Harden was always a risk 

I haven't watched much Sixers this season, but I've watched just about everything in the Playoffs, and they've been the most frustrating team to watch play offense in the postseason. Sometimes it looks so easy, and sometimes it's like they all just met each other.

So tempted to go running amok in the Celtics reddit forum, everyone who said Tatum was "mentally weak" and "garbage", even after his key stretch in Game 6, and then well.. all of game 7, would be getting a receipt.

I will stand by my comparison of Embiid to Wilt Chamberlain. MVP calibre year in and year out. Someone that if you don't have top players playing out of their mind on defense, he will put up big numbers against you. And categorically unable to beat the Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

So tempted to go running amok in the Celtics reddit forum, everyone who said Tatum was "mentally weak" and "garbage", even after his key stretch in Game 6, and then well.. all of game 7, would be getting a receipt.

I will stand by my comparison of Embiid to Wilt Chamberlain. MVP calibre year in and year out. Someone that if you don't have top players playing out of their mind on defense, he will put up big numbers against you. And categorically unable to beat the Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

Wasn't Wilt on the only team to ever keep Bill Russell out of the finals?

• Like 1

Just now, SirFozzie said:

Once, in 1967. He lost the other seven series (1-7)

It's just..  people act like Wilt was Karl Malone and not a guy who played during the era of the most dominant team in the history of the major U.S. sports leagues and still won two titles and almost certainly would've had a third if he didn't get injured during the finals in 69.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's just..  people act like Wilt was Karl Malone and not a guy who played during the era of the most dominant team in the history of the major U.S. sports leagues and still won two titles and almost certainly would've had a third if he didn't get injured during the finals in 69.

That's why I'm comparing him to Embiid. He's been THAT guy for years and years (perennial MVP candidate, unstoppable force, etcetera), who for whatever reason can't get over the hump versus the Celtics (and with Embiid, what's bad is that he acknowledges is with the "It's not a rivalry, they always kick our butt" type statements, and who basically wilted (not Wilt-ed) in the end of game 6 and then all of game 7)

1 hour ago, SirFozzie said:

67 points in his last 5 quarters; lots of pros would be lucky to have that in 5 games.

It looks like he finally remembered the best way to win a game is to step on the other guy's neck.

3 hours ago, ohtani's jacket said:

It's a miracle the Celtics won in 2008. 

Eh, the Bucks just repeated the feat by winning in spite of Budenholzer rather than because of him.  In the 08 case, it helps when your finals opponent is 2 greats and some guys they scraped off the street, versus your 3 greats and said scraped guys.

Harden seemed to be terrified to take a shot. Kept creating wide open looks for people who then bricked them. That questionable flagrant on him just completely changed the game. 

27 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Harden seemed to be terrified to take a shot. Kept creating wide open looks for people who then bricked them. That questionable flagrant on him just completely changed the game. 

Hey at least he was 3-11 instead of 2-11 this time.

Yeesh. Getting 8-29 combined from the two guys with MVP trophies is gonna sink a team damn near every time.

• Like 1