DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So you admit he is the best player ever?

Nah, I'm wondering how the guy who shot 5-28 combined in games 2 & 3 is still in the NBA. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Lonnie Walker? Really? Jesus, if it's LA/Phoenix, I have to cheer for the Suns and I hate doing that!

I haven't watched much Laker basketball so I was sitting there going "Who the fuck is Lonnie Walker the Fourth?"

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

I haven't watched much Laker basketball so I was sitting there going "Who the fuck is Lonnie Walker the Fourth?"

He was drafted by San Antonio a few years ago, one of those guys that kept bouncing to the G league and back.

I can't decide if this is insane levels of cope or if he's just this stupid...  but Greenie has thoughts about why New York is down 3-1 against a team that's perfectly designed to beat them:

He is paid $6.5 million for this.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I can't decide if this is insane levels of cope or if he's just this stupid...  but Greenie has thoughts about why New York is down 3-1 against a team that's perfectly designed to beat them:

He is paid $6.5 million for this.

Isn't this the level of "expertise" exhibited in most broadcast media?

• Like 1

And Lakers lose and AD leaves in a wheelchair.

Hell, even if they win it back home, they really could've used those extra days of rest for old and or fragile bodies.

Woof those last 3 minutes of the Sixers game. Some ugly ass ball. Half the team looked like they decided it was over before the other half. Harden had this look of like "There's 90 seconds left why are we even trying?"

Looks like Devin Booker had to return the Robot Devil's hands sometime around the mid 3rd quarter of Game 5...

And the KD trade looks pointless and detrimental long-term for the Suns.  He's played well, and him and Booker are incendiary, but they should have faced facts that Chris Paul is totally done as a great player and that Ayton is fucking soft.  He's been outplayed nearly every game in this series by Landale, especially on the defensive end.  You can't have your # 3 option be that fucking guy; they're buying into the Concord fallacy for having spent the #1 pick on him.

If Denver keeps their foot on the gas, this will have been a good night for basketball.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Like 1

I was mistaken!

It's the classic "Let them get up by 30 in the first half before crushing them" gambit!

Denver as no idea what they're in for after half time.... they've played right into the Suns hands!

Finally somebody knows how to drop the hammer when they have the chance to end a fucking series.

My only comfort from today is knowing that Boston hasn't really had any home court advantage in the playoffs in recent years. I know it would go against everything he's ever done in his career, but I need another James Harden 40+ point explosion damnit. Anybody but the fucking Celtics.

I was hoping that I could get one of my friends to resurrect his "Stick Figure Sports" series. I even gave him a script.

"Meanwhile in Philadelphia.."

Jayson Tatum: "Wheeee!" (shoots ball over the top of the basket)

Jayson Tatum: "Ok, I got this.." (CLANK!)

Jayson Tatum: "Don't worry, it's just a phase (throws an actual brick at the hoop)

Jayson Tatum: "Hey coach, why are we losing?"

Joe Mazzula: Because you need to put the ball in the hoop to score points?

JT: "oh! Sorry about that"

Doc Rivers on sideline "Uh-oh."

JT: (multiple basketballs go into hoop) Really, I should have thought of that 40 minutes ago.

Joel Embiid: Coach, we need to make an adjustment. Should we stop Tatum from 3 point shots?

Doc Rivers: "Um, I dunno.. it might affect our Game 7 if we do that.."

Embiid: (sighs) You are the WORST coach in closeout games..

Rivers: That's because I've had so much practice at them!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

It is so weird watching Golden State missing so many shots after years of them being like a video game.

The Athletic had an article the other day about how poorly they have shot at the I'm Still Calling It Staples Center against the Lakers the last two or three years.

You'd blame the building except they've shot fine against the Clips.

Klay... Like all basketball fans, I love Klay Thompson, but if he can't hit shots, he doesn't bring much to the table anymore. Between the two season long leg injuries and age, he's not the elite defender anymore, so him putting up 3-19 nights is just leaving a gaping hole in their lineup.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Athletic had an article the other day about how poorly they have shot at the I'm Still Calling It Staples Center against the Lakers the last two or three years.

Remember one of Steph's consecutive 3 point shooting streaks dying at Staples during a Sunday matinee game against the Lakers. We eventually got over losing in San Antonio but the poor shooting against the Lakers in LA is still a thing. But we love playing against the Clippers in LA, all good there.

Thought the series would be a tough one because AD is a match up nightmare and AD ended up being a match up nightmare. Warriors were pretty much afraid to attempt anything at the rim when AD was in the paint.

That said this is a team that won 11 road games all season. Western conference semis probably was overachieving for the team as it was constructed after the mess that was the regular season. I'm surprised if the core doesn't stay intact. That includes Draymond and Poole. Probably the biggest things is figure out what to do with the youngsters and shoring up the bench.