DVDVR Message Board

2023 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

On 6/5/2023 at 1:28 PM, RandomAct said:

Lakers fans that have been trying to sell the idea of DLo for Kyrie are in hell right now.

Joking aside, the math makes Bron to Dallas almost impossible. Between he, Kyrie and Luka, they would take up literally the entire payroll.

Personally I’d rather have LeBron off the team than to have Kyrie join it. Especially after his millionth appearance as petulant child #1 after the Nuggets won Game 4. Like if you’re that big a baby just retire already. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The Suns have informed Chris Paul that they will be waiving him

They still owe him $15.8 million of his $30.8 million salary is they kept him.

Be interesting to see who makes a play at him. He definitely is looking semi-washed, but veteran presence and good passing and all that...

30 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

They still owe him $15.8 million of his $30.8 million salary is they kept him.

Be interesting to see who makes a play at him. He definitely is looking semi-washed, but veteran presence and good passing and all that...

The two big names that come to mind for me are Boston and the Clippers. Both playoff contending teams that could use an actual point guard.

In a rare trade involving an NBA Finals participant, the Denver Nuggets are acquiring a 2024 first- and second-round pick and a 2023 second-round pick in a deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder for a protected 2029 first-round pick, sources told ESPN on Friday.

As the Nuggets try to maximize this championship window, they'll get the least favorable of Oklahoma City's first-round picks in the 2024 draft, and the 37th pick in the June 22 draft, sources told ESPN.

On 6/10/2023 at 7:27 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Crypto dot com shuttered all US operations yesterday. 

So as of right now, the Lakers are playing in the Spirit Halloween C🎃nt🎃r.  

I would love for that to be a real thing. 

And opposing player goes in for a dunk and one of those skeletal arms reaches down to snatch the ball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Now that the Finals are over, over/under on Ja's suspension, 1 year?

Arenas got an "indefinite suspension" which ended up being ~4 months, so that's where the betting starts.

How we feeling about Zion getting traded to Houston? As long as it doesn’t include Sengun, Jalen, Jabari or Tari I’m good. Take #4 and #20 and Boban for all I care

give Zion the Houston medical center and John Lucas to get his mind straight and he’ll be terrifying. Especially if / when Harden shows up.

On 6/13/2023 at 1:04 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Arenas got an "indefinite suspension" which ended up being ~4 months, so that's where the betting starts.

Here is the thing about Arenas' suspension - he brought firearms INSIDE Capital One Arena

So not only did he violate NBA policies - he broke DC law (since he was carrying without a license)

The NBA also got pissed but Gilbert mocked the situation by pretending to shoot his teammates during intros.

I know folks want to use it as the baseline but the known stuff that Ja has done doesn't reach the level that Gilbert's did

(Insert the caveat here that the NBA might know about far worse stuff)

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Here is the thing about Arenas' suspension - he brought firearms INSIDE Capital One Arena

So not only did he violate NBA policies - he broke DC law (since he was carrying without a license)

The NBA also got pissed but Gilbert mocked the situation by pretending to shoot his teammates during intros.

I know folks want to use it as the baseline but the known stuff that Ja has done doesn't reach the level that Gilbert's did

(Insert the caveat here that the NBA might know about far worse stuff)

Brought the guns into the arena AND he and a teammate drew on each other during an argument. 

Ja isn't too that level yet unless the laser pointer thing ends up being true. 

Miami reportedly interested in Beal if they do decide to trade him. I believe Beal also has a full no trade clause so the "work together" thing is hilarious. The Wizards don't have the option to just ship him to the highest bidder.

Michael Jordan is selling the Hornets

The grouping buying the team is lead by Gabe Plotkin and Rick Schnall (Plotkin is currently a minority owner in the Hornets, Schnall a minority owner in the Hawks)

Jordan will remain a minority owner and will still have a "presence within the organization"

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Michael Jordan is selling the Hornets

The grouping buying the team is lead by Gabe Plotkin and Rick Schnall (Plotkin is currently a minority owner in the Hornets, Schnall a minority owner in the Hawks)

Jordan will remain a minority owner and will still have a "presence within the organization"

Bought his portion of the team for $275m. Sold part of it in 2020. Selling more of it now for $3b. And still has some left. 

I'd say that investment worked out well for him. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

Bought his portion of the team for $275m. Sold part of it in 2020. Selling more of it now for $3b. And still has some left. 

I'd say that investment worked out well for him. 

All while basically never fielding a competitive team.

• Like 2