DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE- 4/5/2023!

DEAN

Fs_3pAHWYAIE-73?format=jpg&name=large

#FTR as the new AEW World Tag Team Champions, so deservedly. Hoping for a long reign as the first was way too short and it's a shame this didn't happen while holding the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship/ROH World Tag Team Championship/AAA Tag Team Championship.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Fs_3pAHWYAIE-73?format=jpg&name=large

#FTR as the new AEW World Tag Team Champions, so deservedly. Hoping for a long reign as the first was way too short and it's a shame this didn't happen while holding the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship/ROH World Tag Team Championship/AAA Tag Team Championship.

FTR deserves a year long reign this time around.

• Like 4

Loved this show. Thoroughly. Sorta odd way to debut Jay White, but nice to see him and very pleased to have the Switchblade in the fold. I honestly was looking forward to him on HHHWWETV, but glad he didn't make that McMistake. This gives Robinson some Juice. And it's a good feud for Ricky. Win, win, win! Fun Jericho-Keith Lee talk segment. Funny finish. Loved the trios match and their entrances. Can we have a Trent v Malakai singles please!? Nice to see Buddy Matthews get a win on a week he and Black oughtta be thanking their lucky stars to still be All Elite. Christian and his Giant Luchadore should be nice challengers for FTR. Riho v Jamie Hayter was fantastic. Grateful for the 2023 version of the AEW Women's Division. I missed the Acclaimed, but caught Daddy Magic and the 8 ball jacket. MJFuckinF! I rewatched the incredible Iron Man Match last week. Not sure there's another Pro Wrestler that could have pulled off this marvelous malarky tonight. Not that I wanna see anybody else try. That voice! "ADD! ADD!" What an incredible talent young Max is proving to be. I wanted an encore, damn you Jungle Boy! Damn you! Guevara-Kommander was a lot of fun. Guevara is fucking great and that promo was far better than most will admit. Hook-Ethan Page was fun while it lasted. I'm sad to see the Page-Hardy friendship dissolve. Nigel is a great addition. Wembley! Wow! A lot of work ahead of them to sell that big bitch. Blackpool Combat Club segment was just wonderful. Bryan Danielson with an All time great promo. Unreal. Professional! Wheeler's a shithead but I like him too! Hangman's got no frenz. Nice new theme for the Gunns. They looked like stars. Nice preview segment on the Road TO for this tag title match. Totally bought the drama with FTR v Gunns. As mentioned previously here - Dax needs get back to the gym. The Gunns need to keep working on their game. They've come a long way, but there's still some ways to go before they settle back into a Main Event. Also, 2 count for a spike piledriver on Austin Gunn? Explain that 'false finish' on your ever popular pod David Harwood. Some sloppiness and poor positioning aside, I loved this match and I loved this show. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Who would you put Sting against? Perhaps the mentor Sting vs. the student Darby Allin? 

Another way they could do it assuming All Out is at United Center a few weeks after All In...

Max demands Sting beat him in a tag match at All In to qualify for a career-threatening World Title shot at All Out, and then Wembley gets Sting/Darby going over MJF/Goldberg, with Goldberg turning on Max after the match

Then have MJF without a bodyguard face Sting in Chicago. Max goes over, Sting retires on American soil.

Darby avenges Sting by beating MJF for the title at Full Gear

Breathe with the Switchblade! Thought that was a really exciting opener and a well-done swerve away from a typical opening match or segment. Nice callback to Juice's initial surprise attack on Ricky, using the Bullet Club theme. 

Jericho vs Keith sounds like fun. Trios tag was awesome. Knew House of Black wouldn't be losing this early, but really wanted it when the crowd was going nuts for Trent's piledrivers and managing to land it on Brody. I liked how there was so much going on in addition to the match with cuts to LFI watching from the crowd and Anna Jay in the back watching Julia, something can't do all the time but added an extra air of importance to this match. 

Christian AND Luchasaurus are alive! Riho/Hayter was great as expected. Who's ready for Story Time with MJF! was actually entertaining this time around with the song and dance routine. 

Komander's dives are the best. I liked Sammy's mid-air catch cutter turning in to more of a flying snap mare. Kinda sad to see Matt turn on Ethan, I wanted Matt and Kassidy to end up turning Ethan to the good side with them instead. 

All In and All Out happening back to back will be wild. Main event was epic, loved the Gunns' entrance. Nice finish and I'm glad FTR will remain All Elite and we can finally stop hearing about their contracts. Rampage and BOTB look like solid little cards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

According to Twitter, we're getting a Shibata match this Friday on Rampage 😁

Not on Rampage, but tomorrow on Honor Club!  

They taped ROH tonight, Rampage & Battle of the Belts is Live on Friday (with more ROH taped before them)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not a chance WWE would be letting Dax Harwood into the company looking like that. Absolutely pitiful condition to return in. After watching even the low-card teams of Ricochet, Gable, Braun, Street Profits et al tear the house down on Night 1, there would be no place on WWE television for him regardless. Why anyone thought Jay White would have been sent or offered anywhere other than NXT is a little baffling too .. WWE main card roster is far too stacked right now, there's no place for him.

MJF needs that editorial hand. The music-piece completely lost the crowd although he brought them back in with his storytelling work afterwards ("ADD, ADD, ADD"). Conversely Guevara's mic work was an absolute abomination -- there were crickets in that arena bigger than Kommander when he was speaking. Neither he nor JB are anywhere remotely near ready to be tackling a top of the card program. Will be curious to see how many changed the channel during his 'promo'. 

Wembley Arena could make partway some sense but Wembley Stadium .. one presumes they have ran analytics on forecast ticket sales but given there's a hard recession + credit crunch around the corner? Well, certainly a decision. 

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Considering Cornette hates Moxley, I don’t see this happening.

Clownette doesn't fly. The one time he did a UK tour, he travelled over on a Cruise Ship. In America, he drives everywhere.

So am I the only one that didn’t care for the MJF variety hour? I thought like usual that his segment was endless, and until the JB attack pretty much pointless too. He’s like a much worse version of the champion over in WWE (both in ring, and with his overindulgent promos). 

I do think it’s going to be interesting seeing when they do Blood and Guts, and how they go about trying to make Kenny and The Bucks appear tougher than they usually do. 

My biggest takeaway is Tony better have one hell of a main event in mind for Wembley if he wants to sell it out (Okada vs Omega maybe?) 

• Like 2

THURSDAY REFLECTIONS:  INTERNATIONAL FEED!  YES!!!  I loved how they booked the FTR/Ass Boys match eight ways to Sunday.  I don't think the CROWD understood the "DQ Means FTR Must Retire" stipulation but it was a GREAT stipulation.  That goes back to the 70's when I watched Wahoo McDaniel vs Harley Race on Mid-Atlantic television.  Harley KNEW he was going to lose because Wahoo was beating the fucking life out of him so he hoists Wahoo up to throw him over the toprope to get himself disqualified and save the title.  Wahoo is just chopping and chopping Harley across the face, to no avail as Harley eventually gets Wahoo over the toprope and gets the DQ.  FTR are SO old school and the fact that they brought that back is so fucking awesome.  They should have made that a little clearer to the crowd though the heat was still there.  That was old school as fuck.  And Riho was a fucking ALL STAR in that match, being the spunkiest babyface who really fucking matched Hayter's stiffness.  That was also fucking awesome.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

The Natural and Bryan Danielson (w/ Lennox Lewis and Diana Hart-Smith) vs The Lucha Bros in a taunt-off is my smokey for the show opener.

I am trying to think of the 2023 equivalent of Lennox Lewis that could accompany someone. I know he was a top HW prospect at the time but the whole "I am also Canadian AND Jamaican" thing really made him a man without a country. I think that's why shortly after SummerSlam 1992 he started fighting mostly in the United States.