DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE- 4/5/2023!

DEAN

19 minutes ago, Jenalysis said:

I'm just happy  Jay White is there.

I didn't like that Starks started mounting a comeback during the 2 on 1 instead of getting laid out clean

Makes me think Jay/Juice are just going to be Kingdom-level goofs to bump for the established stars instead of a major act in their own right

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I only fast forwarded through the MJF stuff. If be more into this if there were more focus on Darby and less on Jungle Boy and Sammy. Rest of the show was really solid.

Question, why are people so convinced Drew is leaving WWE? Did I miss something?

The first pillars promo escalated to focusing on Darby last. Likewise, MJF's one on one matches with each guy took place in this order.

Tony likes patterns. Or rows. Or columns. Escalation with Darby is likely forthcoming. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I assume these ratings are accurate:  http://backbodydrop.com/blog/uk-tv-ratings/  WWE will always have the advantage of being the globally known brand, and even they don't do big UK shows very often for a reason. I'd love for AEW to fill the stadium, or at least make it respectable, just saying they will need a really good game plan.

From the link:

March 28, 2022 Update
Raw live on March 14 – 46,400 (down 4,500 on the prior week)
NXT live on March 15 – did not chart
SmackDown live on March 18 – 50,800 (up 8,000 on the prior week)

AEW Rampage from March 11 (aired March 15) – 132,000 (up 37,000 on the prior week) [Rampage started at 11.45pm]
AEW Dynamite from March 16 (aired March 18) – 150,000 (up 2,000 on the prior week) [Dynamite started at 11.00pm]

I'm not saying anything about what the Wembley show will or will not do. But those are the numbers.

EDIT: That was the most recent direct comparison I saw.

Edited by Dog
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I only fast forwarded through the MJF stuff. If be more into this if there were more focus on Darby and less on Jungle Boy and Sammy. Rest of the show was really solid.

Question, why are people so convinced Drew is leaving WWE? Did I miss something?

McIntyre’s contract is coming up. But it’s not until next year, I believe.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I heard his contract was up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I like BCC bringing carnage but they maybe should’ve workshopped the whole “amateurs” line more, it’s pretty dumb.

If they're really going "All In" for Wembley, you bring in Cornette to be BCC's mouthpiece and talk shit about The Elite

I respect Cornette thinking he's old to manage, but if Heyman can get away with being fat and doing facial expressions, so can he

13 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Going in to this FTR bout with the Gunns I was 98% sure they were sticking around. The 2%, and weekend losses for Briscoe, Kingston and Rhodes, was enough amplification of the magic of pro wrestling that I was right on the edge of my seat. Fucking beautiful pro wrestling! 

It really did work out for AEW that wrestling fans have really been desperate for a big babyface win and he happened to have one of the most popular tag teams in the world set up in that spot for redemption.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I heard his contract was up.

Drew's in contract negotiations.  I think it was SRS said they're going poorly and something that should've been an easy renewal is a lot harder than expected. 

He's probably re-signing, but now that Vince is back in charge, who knows.   

As little as two weeks ago, everyone thought Jay White was going to beatdown Roman to end Raw.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The first pillars promo escalated to focusing on Darby last. Likewise, MJF's one on one matches with each guy took place in this order.

Tony likes patterns. Or rows. Or columns. Escalation with Darby is likely forthcoming. 

I marked pretty hard for Darby in the rafters.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

I didn't like that Starks started mounting a comeback during the 2 on 1 instead of getting laid out clean

Makes me think Jay/Juice are just going to be Kingdom-level goofs to bump for the established stars instead of a major act in their own right

Ricky is close to the top of the card in AEW, a 2 on 1 comeback vs a top guy and a goober isn't as crazy as what FTR got to kick out of tonight.

• Like 2

That was a really fun show. 

Didn't like that no one came out to help Hangman.

Other than that, everything else pretty much clicked. 

Big debut for Switchblade, big return for Luchasaurus, and huge announcement by TK. I really think they can sell out or come close to sell out Wembley...we all need to remember that it's the first AEW show in Europe, not just the UK. It's an underserved market and I think fans from all across Europe will make the trek to London.

Edited by Infinit
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

That was a really fun show. 

Didn't like that no one came out to help Hangman.

Other than that, everything else pretty much clicked. 

Big debut for Switchblade, big return for Luchasaurus, and huge announcement by TK. I really think they can sell out or come close to sell out Wembley...we all need to remember that it's the first AEW show in Europe, not just the UK. It's an underserved market and I think fans from all across Europe will make the trek to London.

They should make a big Wrestlecon type festival out of it and encourage tangential shows from other companies.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

They should make a big Wrestlecon type festival out of it and encourage tangential shows from other companies.

WRESTLE FORCE!  Bring in Speedball!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Im assuming they are doing a live Rampage in London on the Friday. Have Saturday be "convention day". If done correctly this could be a tent pole event for AEW moving forward. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

If they're really going "All In" for Wembley, you bring in Cornette to be BCC's mouthpiece and talk shit about The Elite

I respect Cornette thinking he's old to manage, but if Heyman can get away with being fat and doing facial expressions, so can he

Considering Cornette hates Moxley, I don’t see this happening.

Remember that AEW is on free TV in the UK on ITV, while WWE requires a paid subscription on BT Sport

TNA also beat WWE in UK television ratings for years for the same reason - and at their height TNA could only get the 12,000-seat Wembley Arena 75% filled when they did live events there

Edited by Dolphman 3000

20 minutes ago, Jenalysis said:

Ricky is close to the top of the card in AEW, a 2 on 1 comeback vs a top guy and a goober isn't as crazy as what FTR got to kick out of tonight.

Wait, which of those two guys wasn't a goober?