DVDVR Message Board

THE AFTERMATH - WWE TV - 4/3 - 4/9/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Has any other major sort of Super rich mogul type figure like Vince ever had anything like the series of reversals of fortune that Vince has somehow managed to survive/pull off even just in the last like two years, let alone all the ones before that were just "will they go out of business or not"?

edit: Wait I am literally asking this on the day Donald Trump is indicted. Never mind.  I am just stoned.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Paxley looked great.  That was weird.

Thought both really stepped it up. Paxley made damn near everything Ivy did look great. Hopefully this becomes more of their norm.

• Like 1

Brock just strikes me as a chaotic neutral person who never wants to team with anyone except his wife and kids.

One thing I would have appreciated was if one of the announcers at the beginning of the show said, “But can Cody trust Brock? Brock isn’t someone to team with people.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Not sure there is really much Bron can learn sticking around in NXT that he couldn;t on the main roster character wise

if this was a normally booked promotion (giant if there) then wouldn't the play be a Bron vs Melo where Bron has to leave NXT if he loses? would that stip make the outcome too obvious?

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

if this was a normally booked promotion (giant if there) then wouldn't the play be a Bron vs Melo where Bron has to leave NXT if he loses? would that stip make the outcome too obvious?

The stip would be too obvious and the feud isn't at that level yet. 

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The stip would be too obvious and the feud isn't at that level yet. 

Even with a sequence of

Match 2 (Bron leaves if he loses): Bron wins the title back

Match 3 (Loser leaves): now Bron loses and leaves

it might be a little too clever. You can only do Scorpio winning multiple Loser Leaves matches at N2R 96 once.

I think maybe my favorite thing on the show was the Biggs/Jensen/James/Henry angle seemingly getting near a conclusion.  I’ve never been interested in the angle but will mark out for anything that ends it.  Hopefully, the virgin gets to round home, though I probably don’t to hear the announcers call that one.

Truthfully, I’m not into any of the storylines right now, but I’ll keep showing up as long as they keep featuring NXT UK ex-pats.

Not into Bron and Carmelo doing a double turn.  I get why they are doing it and it makes sense if you’re keeping both in NXT for now but I’m not sold on either and think Bron is going to be a better babyface and Carmelo and Trick are definitely a better heel act.  I’m ambivalent about keeping Bron in NXT.  On the one hand, he definitely needs work.  On the other hand, I’m not sure he’s going to get it wrestling a tv match or two plus a few house shows each month.  He might be better served working more experienced hands on the main roster.  Not sure.  I am surprised he’s seemingly not debuting on Raw or Smackdown this week.

Random thought: will Vince rename Carmelo when gets called up out of fear fans will confuse Carmelo and Carmella?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Not into Bron and Carmelo doing a double turn.  I get why they are doing it and it makes sense if you’re keeping both in NXT for now but I’m not sold on either and think Bron is going to be a better babyface and Carmelo and Trick are definitely a better heel act.  I’m ambivalent about keeping Bron in NXT.  On the one hand, he definitely needs work.  On the other hand, I’m not sure he’s going to get it wrestling a tv match or two plus a few house shows each month.  He might be better served working more experienced hands on the main roster.  Not sure.  I am surprised he’s seemingly not debuting on Raw or Smackdown this week.

Carmelo had already gone de facto face like two months ago.  Bron turning is great because the easiest story in the world is: jock who is super amiable/popular when everything is going his way, but the moment something goes wrong, he snaps.  Bron is gonna be a good heel because he's got extreme "high school Varsity Letterman jock bully" energy. 

Melo is gonna be fine.  I think part of the point of NXT is to test run things and see what you've got.  He's ultimately got to take out Bron and come to terms with Trick always cheating on his behalf.  Whether that means making Trick into a face (the ride or die wingman) or splitting them and making him a heel (you'd never have your success without me), it's a good story that should take up the spring and summer.  

Plus it's better to have Melo as a face, since once he passes through Bron, he's got more potential heel challengers (McDonagh, Waller, Gacy, D'Angelo, maybe Trick) than face ones (Chase, Dragunov, and I think that's about it for now). 

• Like 4

I agree that Paxley looked great last night. She's been fine in the past but this was the match that made me really take notice. Things seem to be clicking in place for her. 

Love that Kiana James' "cheating" boils down to "dude, we weren't even exclusive" lol Fallon's such a hater 

18 hours ago, EVA said:

The Brock turn was the most Vince-brained thing. It definitely feels like the sort of thing that would’ve played out over at least a couple weeks under the HHH regime, but Vince got in the room and it’s suddenly FUCK IT WE’RE DOING IT NOW, PAL.

The old man 100% would’ve blown off Sami’s story 6 months ago.

Counterpoint:  There wouldn't have been a blow off at all. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

So someone put it out there that a Brock and Cody feud was planned a month ago before Vince was anywhere close to creative. Don't get me wrong, I think Cody is a nice fresh program for Brock but I find it hard to believe that wasn't Vinces idea.

I totally see Brock not wanting to do a big angle if Vince doesn't put his 2 cents in it. Much like everyone believes is why he wanted to work Omos over Bray at Mania.

Why would someone feel the need to put it out there that it wasn't Vince's idea to run Cody vs Brock unless you are trying to continue assure the a certain section of audience that Hunter is still the head booker. They are trying to hard especially with having Hunter go out and rally the crowd.

• Like 1