DVDVR Message Board

WWE and Endeavor To Merge

Matt D

25 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I feel like more people need to do knee related offense. Less arms.

I think I’m getting the hang of this!

Speaking of KSW, I give you former alumni Ariane Lipski showing you ways your legs are not suppose to go. 

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Speaking of KSW, I give you former alumni Ariane Lipski showing you ways your legs not suppose to go. 

If she really wanted to do damage, she’d use her index finger and poke right into the that icky between the joints spot. Maybe even rub a knuckle in there.

Just now, Octopus said:

Where’s the story? Why was she working the knee? What’s her history with knee? What does knee mean to her?

Once he gets over the loss of the Omni footage, I expect full breakdowns from @Matt D.

• Thanks 1

This is the most boring possible move for WWE. If a scumbag like Vince McMahon is going to make billions of dollars, at least he could be entertaining about it. 

Considering how similar deals have been proceeding (e.g. Microsoft - Activision/Blizzard), (a) how many more Vince sex scandals will pop up before the whole deal is finalized and (b) what are the chances that Vince even survives as long? And to the experts: will the deal even go through without any government intervention?

Not an expert, but I can't imagine that now is the point at which any part of our government starts taking professional wrestling seriously. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

The biggest curiosity I have is Vince’s role, and whether it will have any real decision-making authority.

In my day job I see a ton of M&A deals. It’s extremely common for the acquired CEO to be given some fancy title within the new company, but that’s almost always an honorarium with no real power. Common titles are Executive Chairman, Vice Chairman, etc. 

That said, this is Vince, so I can’t see him agreeing to anything without any real power. 

If I were to *guess*, it is indeed a bullshit honorarium and a board seat (not chairman, though). But we’ll see. 

Vince also negotiated a payout deal with WWE before the merger.

My sense is that they'll have Vince in the room for conversations when it comes time to negotiate a new TV/streaming deal. And then shortly after that he'll be in the room a lot less.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

Not an expert, but I can't imagine that now is the point at which any part of our government starts taking professional wrestling seriously. 

I skipped some pages because the page forward/back buttons don't work for me but was someone seriously talking about regulatory involvement with pro wrestling beyond "can't have blood in this state" or whatever?

10 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Conspiracy time: The real Vince died some years ago and this is his long lost brother.

FsythkMWAAEiFT-?format=jpg&name=small

Using some of that 9.3 billion to stock up on Just For Men, I see!

(Alternate joke: I guess 9.3 billion ain't enough to buy a modicum of self-awareness).

And you KNOW the lickspittles he surrounds himself with are all, like, "Did you get a new haircut or something, sir? You look SO much younger!"

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

so Biden isn't gonna Nationalize the WWE?

No, nor bust it up back into a bunch of regional promotions. 

I'm surprised Vince has never had some heel work a trust-busting gimmick, trying to get WWE returned to the days of the territories and smoke-filled armories like it's supposed to be. I can just hear Michael Cole: WWE is not just for people from New York! WWE is for everyone! It's for the whole WWE Universe!

Can someone smarter and less old and stoned than me just explain is this the best possible outcome because it keeps WWE as part of a scummy outsider culture with no regulation instead of a subsidiary of a mainstream corporate drone culture

or is it the worst possible outcome because, well because it keeps WWE as part of a scummy outsider culture with no regulation instead of a subsidiary of a mainstream corporate drone culture? 

• Like 1

Dave Meltzer confirmed a PWInsider report from Monday night saying that Vince McMahon was in charge of much of Raw on Monday.

"He was running TV tonight," Meltzer said. “He's back. It's what it was. It will be what it was before. And if people think that was bad, it will be bad. And that's just the way it is."

Meltzer said that the show was changed when McMahon arrived and also while the show was going on.

"Levesque will be head of creative and will be doing the busywork and all that stuff. Vince is going to have the final say in everything."

Fucking hell. Confirmation of what we dreaded.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 1