DVDVR Message Board

POLL 3/25-3/31/2023- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? Well....

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Jake Hagar vs Brody King- RAMPAGE
    • Powerhouse Hobbs vs Penta El Zero Miedo- RAMPAGE
    • Shane Haste/ Bad Dude Tito vs Eddie Pearl/ Ricky Gibson- CWFH
    • Hijo de Canis Lupus vs Hijo del Pirata Morgan- IWRG
    • Lluvia vs Stephanie Vaquer- CMLL
    • Jeff Cobb vs Tracy Williams- ROH ZERO HOUR
    • Angel de Oro/ Dragon Rojo Jr/ Rocky Romero vs Oraculo/ Templario/ Volador Jr- CMLL
    • Riho vs Diamante- AEW Elevation
    • Atlantis Jr vs Mistico- CMLL
    • Cody Rhodes vs Solo Sikoa- RAW
    • GUNTHER vs Dolph Ziggler- RAW
    • Rey Mysterio vs Damien Priest- RAW
    • Viking Raiders/ Chad Gable/ Otis vs Angelo Dawkins/ Montez Ford/ Ricochet/ Brawn Stroman- RAW
    • Becky Lynch vs IYO SKY- RAW
    • Queen Aminata vs Skye Blue- AEW Dark
    • Steph De Lander vs Marina Shafir- AEW Dark
    • Konosuke Takeshita vs Cole Karter- AEW Dark
    • Tyler Bate vs Von Miller- NXT
    • Josh Briggs/ Brooks Jensen vs Stacks/ Tony D'Angelo- NXT
    • Drew Gulak vs Hank Walker- NXT
    • Athena vs Tootie Lynn- AEW Elevation
    • Queen Aminata vs Skye Blue- Women's Wrestling Army
    • Adam Cole vs Daniel Garcia- DYNAMITE
    • Slim J vs Stu Grayson- ROH ZERO HOUR
    • SANADA vs David Finlay- New Japan on AXS
    • Willow Nightingale vs Miranda Alize- ROH ZERO HOUR
    • Bárbaro Cavernario/ Gran Guerrero/ Titán vs Euforia/ Hechicero/ Soberano Jr- CMLL
    • Kenny Omega vs Jeff Cobb- DYNAMITE
    • Ruby Soho vs Willow Nightingale- DYNAMITE
    • Tonalli vs Brazo De Oro Jr- IWRG
    • Athena vs Emi Sakura- ROH
    • Killer Kelly vs Miyu Yamashita- IMPACT!
    • Kyle Fletcher/ Mark Davis vs Ari Daivari/ Tony Nese- ROH
    • Shazza McKenzie vs Miyu Yamashita- ROH
    • El Hijo del Vikingo vs Blake Christian- ROH
    • AR Fox/ Metalik vs Shawn Dean/ Carlie Bravo-ROH
    • Sammy Guevara vs Konosuke Takeshita- RAMPAGE
    • Action Andretti vs Juice Robinson- RAMPAGE
    • Trent Barretta/ Chuck Taylor vs Brody King/ Malakai Black- RAMPAGE
    • Willie Mack vs Konosuke Takeshita- ROH ZERO HOUR

I'm not sure what I'm voting for this week.  Lots of quality wrestling.  I dunno.  Prolly EMI vs ATHENA.  The best WWE was between Becky vs IYO SKY or FUCK IT!  GUNTHER vs Dolph Ziggler!  The only Japanese match from Japan was David Finlay vs SANADA, which was pretty good.  The best Miyu YAmashita match was her match against Killer Kelly from IMPACT!  I liked her match against Shazza McKenzie from ROH.  The best Lucha Libre match was between Tonelli vs Brazo de Oro Jr or Mistico vs Atlantis Jr.  ALSO there was TWO great Skye Blue vs Queen Aminata matches- one from DARK, one from WWA.  

CUT LIST: Ethan Page/ Isaiah Kassidy/ Matt Hardy vs Serpentico/ Luther/ Angelico- AEW Elevation; Dante Martin/ Darius Martin vs Liam Gray/ Adrian Alanis- AEW Dark;  Hip Hop Man/ Karaoui/ Shocko vs Asterboy/ Gannicus/ Hell Boy- IWRG;  Eddie Kingston vs Christopher Daniels- ROH; Leon Ruffin vs Wheeler Yuta- ROH; Dante Martin/ Darius Martin/ Penta El Zero Miedo/ Rey Fenix vs Dralistico/ Rush/ Matt Taven/ Mike Bennett- ROH;  Mephisto/ Niebla Roja/ Yota vs Blue Panther/ Panterita del Ring/ Volcano- CMLL; Felino Jr/ Guerrero Maya Jr/ Stigma vs Capitan Suicida/ Dark Panther/ El Hijo del Villano III- CMLL; Pólvora vs Felino Jr- CMLL

I went with Athena Vs Emi Sakura as I knew I probably would at the start of the week and their match didn't disappoint.

Athena has smashed it this week with 3 great matches. 

She is awesome.

• Like 1

EMI vs ATHENA pulls out to an early lead!  The slimmed down version of the Skye Blue vs Queen Aminata IS ON THE BOARD!

• Like 1

I did not see ROH (is it technically Free TV) but I did see Zero Hour and I really liked Takeshita-Willie Mack so that got my vote. Better than Soup-Sammy and while I really liked Omega-Cobb I just liked the very similar Soup-Mack more. 

• Like 2

Enjoyed most of WWE last week, but nothing felt super special or anything. Becky/Io was probably the best of WWE matches.

Dug Omega/Cobb well enough, but didn't think it was much more than solid. Best Friends vs. HOB from Rampage was doing more for me until the weirdly executed finish. A double dq would have made more sense.

LLuvia/Vaquer was pretty fun and probably the best i have seen out of LLuvia since catching CMLL again last year. Both of the 6-man tags were fun, but the Rocky tag was the standout.

Went with SANADA/Finlay. Dug them making it an uphill battle for Sanada during the first half. Was good to see the crowd so behind him. The gradual build to a more even fight where Finlay never quite lost the advantage until the end was neat as well. If I hadn't saw the result I totally would have thought Finlay was winning. Very good match all around. Its interesting to see Sanada getting closer to the type of wrestler I suspect higher ups have wanted him to be for years now. He was always Mutoh/Fujinami styled to fault before now.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Went with Athena/Sakura but Lluvia/Vaquer and SANADA/Finlay were right there. I wish Finlay was being elevated into a role with less baggage. I love seeing Stephanie Vaquer's face turn. I can't speak on the sociological intricacies of Mexican/Puerto Rican gender politics amongst lucha libre fans, but that woman went through hell and I'm glad my cynical worries that she wouldn't be treated as a hero for it proved untrue.

My inner cynic does find solace in wondering if the response would be different if Cuatrero's fuckhead shitass self worked for CMLL and not AAA, but screw my inner cynic. Fuck that guy.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

My inner cynic does find solace in wondering if the response would be different if Cuatrero's fuckhead shitass self worked for CMLL and not AAA, but screw my inner cynic. Fuck that guy.

Tbf, even before the Cuatrero mess she was probably the most over woman on the roster from what I was seeing. I'm just happy that hasn't slowed it down in the slightest.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Tbf, even before the Cuatero mess she was probably the most over woman on the roster from what I was seeing. I'm just happy that hasn't slowed it down in the slightest.

Watching her right now on the Arena Coliseo 80th Aniversario (which is wonderful wonderful show that I'm gonna force down the entire internet's throat tomorrow) and she's such a standout.

• Like 1

And your winner IS Kenny Omega vs Jeff Cobb!  Omega wins two weeks in a row!  I assume we will be back to loving Orange Cassidy this week.

• DEAN unpinned this topic