DVDVR Message Board

April 2023 Wrestling Discussion

14 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

If Jay White and Seth Rollins are in the same ring together, will it be like Timecop where if you touch your past doppleganger you both dissolve into a pile of goo?

Crosses fingers

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

you think standing up for the equal ethical treatment of everyone is "morally superiority bs" then maybe this is a you problem and not a him problem. You shouldn't let one good deed of someone cloud your judgement. Bad people can do good deeds all day long. It doesn't erase nor exonerate them if they then go and do a shitty thing. And make no mistake about it this was a SHITTY thing.

Well said. I was trying to be deferent to this person 's personal relationship or whatever, but I like yours better

1 hour ago, SirSmUgly said:

Then you have the nerve to post some shit defending the open transphobe, which is unwelcoming to members of the community who I miss like Stef the Human. 

Seconded - she was great (edit: and by the way, also super patient with those of us who are trying to keep up with new terms/what's outdated or poor taste/still discovering themselves - legit thank you to her if she's reading) And to really drive this home: I just learned it's trans visibility month. Good God, the timing.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I just learned it's trans visibility month. Good God, the timing.

Day. March 31st is International Trans Visibility day.

(Trans day of Vengeance being on April 1st isn't a thing. It's a small joke that certain extreme right wingers decided to pretend was a real thing as a way to spread fear)

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

Day. March 31st is International Trans Visibility day.

(Trans day of Vengeance being on April 1st isn't a thing. It's a small joke that certain extreme right wingers decided to pretend was a real thing as a way to spread fear)

Thank you I appreciate that - I meant nothing like that of course, just an honest mistake - you can even see in the post, I just found out about it today right after coming here and mounting my high horse 🤠

6 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I have friends who live in Cherokee County and think a lot of Robert Rechsteiner.  About 10 years ago, he stepped up - for no real reason - to advocate for the family when their daughter was having an issue.   i’ve never met Rechsteiner but what I’ve heard about him over the years makes me think the people who live around him in Cherokee County think he’s a good person

You’re entitled to your opinion.  I don’t really think you’re entitled to the morally superiority bs.  Like I said, he stepped up for some friends, so I’m more offended by your post them I normally would be.

The thing is... people are very complicated and complex.  People we care about can sometimes say ridiculous things or hold opinions we don't agree with and sometimes have beliefs that are downright hurtful to you or others and I feel especially over the last decade a lot of families have been torn apart by that.  All you can do is figure out how to navigate your own family and friends.  It's not worth discussing on a message board that's for sure,  this place is partly to escape all of that. 

• Like 1

I don't know what possesses someone to accost someone else in a public space and start screaming attacks at them based on the physical traits they feel most vulnerable about and not because they did anything to you but because of some science stuff he probably has never really read about and is just a convenient way to get his latent desire for someone to scapegoat and pile on out of his system.

I also have a hard time believing that someone who would naturally fall into that as a cool thing to do is also a "good guy" more generally. That kind of menacing desire to ostracize and punch down at people doesn't just come and go in a flash and then disappear. It's a big leap from having thoughts and beliefs that are bigoted and trying to corner someone in public to scream at them because you think it will get a laugh from the boys.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

You shouldn't let one good deed of someone cloud your judgement. Bad people can do good deeds all day long. It doesn't erase nor exonerate them if they then go and do a shitty thing. And make no mistake about it this was a SHITTY thing.

There's a reason why "I have a black friend" is not the "get out of racism free" card people think it is.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

Weren't you going to stop posting because this place didn't feel like a welcoming community to you? 

Then you have the nerve to post some shit defending the open transphobe, which is unwelcoming to members of the community who I miss like Stef the Human. 

I wish you would touch grass like you said you were going to do instead of being offended that people have doubts about the shitty transphobe because he did something nice for your friend once. No one cares. 

Yea dude you scared the girl away wtf 

This could fit more in the WWE forum but would Chancla on a pole with Rey/friends and Judgment Day be too heated for Puerto Rico?

I'm guessing the preferred tools to beat your children have different names in Puerto Rico though.

But Rey/Dominik is the one father/son feud where it would fit to have a "loser takes 5 lashes" match.

36 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

This could fit more in the WWE forum but would Chancla on a pole with Rey/friends and Judgment Day be too heated for Puerto Rico?

I'm guessing the preferred tools to beat your children have different names in Puerto Rico though.

But Rey/Dominik is the one father/son feud where it would fit to have a "loser takes 5 lashes" match.

I was under the impression that a chancla was strictly for the abuelas and madres to use.

I guess now that Rhea is the Women's champ, maybe they wouldn't have Rey's wife and Rhea in their corners waiting to be given the fetched chancla.

"Belt on a pole" seems like a gimmick idea that would draw some business in some real rural parts of the USA.

19 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I was under the impression that a chancla was strictly for the abuelas and madres to use.

the WWE has enough womens wrestlers and other assorted women that they could do a lumberjack match where the lumberjacks are women with chanclas ready to hit wrestlers until they get back in the ring

it might technically be appropriation if too many of the lumberjacks are white chicks that can't pass as Hispanic to someone not familiar with the product (for example, if you never heard her speak, you might think "Rhea Ripley's a Latina? right"... it's not like how some people thought Batista was Hispanic due to his name when he's Greek/Filipino)

• Like 1