DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2023 - 1ST HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Aaron Judge is indeed going on the IL with a toe injury

It's officially a "contusion and a ligament sprain in his right big toe"

Related - The Dodgers plan to reinforce the chain-link fence in right field that Judge crashed into on Saturday and add a strip of padding on the concrete portion where he jammed his right big toe, team president Stan Kasten said.

The Marlins made a similar change a week or so ago after Jazz Chisholm injury his big toe crashing into the concrete portion of the fence

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And the A's situation just got complicated.  And hilarious.

Not really because the Governor of Nevada issued a proclamation last night that there will be a special session of the state legislature that is specifically for discussing the bill that provides the funding for the stadium

Special session starts at 1 PM EST (12 CT) and has no officially end time so it can extend until a decision on the bill is reached.

It doesn't get complicated and hilarious unless the bill fails

There is a decent chance MLB is going to postpone a rack of games along the East Coast today due to air quality

For those not aware - a decent chunk of the US is dealing with smoke and haze from the Canadian Wild Fires

For one piece of data - there was a period of time when NYC was behind only New Delhi for poor air pollution today

Pittsburgh, Philly, Washington, NYY, Toronto, Cleveland, Cincy and Milwaukee all have home games today

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For one piece of data - there was a period of time when NYC was behind only New Delhi for poor air pollution today

Yeah, I just took this photo from the office:
WzpviLl.jpg
N95 masks are coming in handy today.

Edited by Hamhock

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

There is a decent chance MLB is going to postpone a rack of games along the East Coast today due to air quality

For those not aware - a decent chunk of the US is dealing with smoke and haze from the Canadian Wild Fires

Pittsburgh, Philly, Washington, NYY, Toronto, Cleveland, Cincy and Milwaukee all have home games today

Jays announced they're going with the roof closed. Brewers could do the same. 

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ha, my partner works in the building next door to you.  He stayed home today though.  jfc it's looking like Blade Runner out there. 

Yeah, I keep expecting to see an ad projected onto the buildings that says a new life awaits me in the off-world colonies.

3 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Yeah, I keep expecting to see an ad projected onto the buildings that says a new life awaits me in the off-world colonies.

Ana de Armas is not real and you are NOT in love with her. 

(I am in love with Luis Arraez though, despite him not being real either.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elly de la Cruz hit a baseball very hard.

Actually, that's underselling it.

He hit a baseball VERY hard.

No, still not enough.

He hit a Baseball VERY VERY HARD.

How hard? 114.8 MPH off the bat, 458 feet, and landing in the back row of the stadium.

It elicited a Good Ol' JR-like "THAT BALL HAD A FAMILY!" call from the announcers.

https://streamable.com/ya6t2l

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Those pics look like old photos of the 70's in terms of color quality. Stay safe. . . .

Yeah, we've had stuff like that in the PNW multiple times the last few years. In 2020, we hit 479 on the AQI. It's like being next to a campfire you can't escape. The Mariners had games moved because of it. N95 masks are your friend! 

14 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, we've had stuff like that in the PNW multiple times the last few years. In 2020, we hit 479 on the AQI. It's like being next to a campfire you can't escape. The Mariners had games moved because of it. N95 masks are your friend! 

In Pocatello it never gets quite that bad, but we've had some issues over the years as well.

Elly De La Cruz hit his first career HR

It went 458 feet

He dabbed when rounding third so Thor (who was pitching for the Dodgers) drilled the next batter because baseball is stupid

Expect Arizona/Washington to be postponed today

The DMV is getting today what NY had yesterday so everything is getting cancelled/moved inside

It doesn't help that the game is supposed to be played at 1 PM EST