DVDVR Message Board

IMPACT x NJPW "Multiverse United: Only the STRONG Survive" - 3/30/23

Impact on AXS this week will be a lead-in to Multiverse United featuring live studio analysis and unaired matches on TV:
Josh Alexander vs. KENTA (Taped 2/25/23)
Will Ospreay vs. Homicide (NJPW Strong 5/15/22)
Miyu Yamashita vs. Killer Kelly (Taped 3/25/23)
BTI: Brian Myers vs. Jack Price (Taped 3/25/23)

IMPACT x NJPW "Multiverse United: Only the STRONG Survive" - March 30, 2023
Los Angeles, CA airing on FITE PPV

NJPW STRONG OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
KENTA(c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

IMPACT WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
Bullet Club (Ace Austin & Chris Bey)(c) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) vs. Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs. TMDK (Bad Dude Tito & Shane Haste)

IMPACT X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Trey Miguel(c) vs. Frankie Kazarian vs. Rich Swann vs. Clark Connors vs. Rocky Romero vs. Kevin Knight

KNOCKOUTS #1 CONTENDERS MATCH
Deonna Purrazzo vs. Miyu Yamashita vs. Gisele Shaw vs. Masha Slamovich

Speedball Mike Bailey vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Kushida vs. Lio Rush

Moose vs. Jeff Cobb

Alex Coughlin, Callihan, Fred Rosser, & PCO vs. Eddie Edwards, Joe Hendry, JR Kratos, & Tom Lawlor

PRESHOW:
Yuya Uemura vs. Gabriel Kidd

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 2

Miyu/Kelly was indeed excellent! Killer remains so underrated but always so good, always delivers huge, love to see more of her and wish Miyu was a full time regular here.  Josh/KENTA was epic too. I guess they switched Ospreay/Homicide with Tanahashi/Archer instead.

Multiverse was a fun show. The multi-man matches were all entertaining. Moose looked great against Cobb. Women's 4 way was awesome, Mickie was having funny reactions to everything on commentary. Love having Deonna back in the title mix and definitely want as much Yamashita as possible in this knockouts division. Top 3 matches all ruled. Wild finishing stretch for Kushida/Lio. Main event definitely had a big time dream match feel, loved it.

Full results Multiverse United

Spoiler

PRESHOW:
*Yuya Uemura def. Gabriel Kidd (7:54)

IMPACT x NJPW Multiverse United: Only the STRONG Survive 
March 30, 2023 from Los Angeles, CA

*Trey Miguel(c) def. Frankie Kazarian, Rich Swann, Clark Connors, Rocky Romero, & Kevin Knight (7:12) to RETAIN the X Championship after Connors hit a diving spear on Knight but Trey stole the pin.

*PCO, Callihan, Fred Rosser, & Alex Coughlin def. Eddie Edwards, Joe Hendry, Tom Lawlor, & JR Kratos (12:26) when PCO pinned Kratos with the PCOsault

*Jeff Cobb def. Moose (11:54) after the Tour of the Islands

*Deonna Purrazzo def. Gisele Shaw, Masha Slamovich, & Miyu Yamashita (9:33) after the Queen's Gambit on Shaw. Mickie James did commentary.

*Bullet Club (Ace Austin & Chris Bey)(c) def. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin), Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis), and TMDK (Bad Dude Tito & Shane Haste) (13:23) when Bey pinned Tito after Ace hit The Fold to RETAIN the tag team championships

*Kushida def. Lio Rush (12:45) via Hoverboard Lock submission

*KENTA(c) def. Minoru Suzuki (15:15) via low blow and rollup with feet on the ropes to RETAIN the NJPW Strong Openweight Championship

*Hiroshi Tanahashi def. Speedball Mike Bailey (15:08) with the High Fly Flow

• Like 1

I'm getting drunk while watching Impact wresting and bought this thing! Sounded cool at the time! I'm pumped...with booze!

Killer Kelly left her pants at home, but I can't say I'm sad about this turn of events!

Edited by Shartnado
Pull your pants up, Kelly!
  • Like 2

Yeah, this was an entertaining and multifaceted show, obviously had to rewatch it from the beginning once the buzz wore off. During the main event, the announcers were talking about Mike Bailey and Josh Alexander match that went nearly an hour. When was this? I'm pretty sure I'd be willing to throw ten bucks at it, just in order to see it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, this was an entertaining and multifaceted show, obviously had to rewatch it from the beginning once the buzz wore off. During the main event, the announcers were talking about Mike Bailey and Josh Alexander match that went nearly an hour. When was this? I'm pretty sure I'd be willing to throw ten bucks at it, just in order to see it!

IMPACT! posted it on YouTube for free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1