DVDVR Message Board

GO HOME WWE TV - 3/27 - 4/2/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Solo is a great prospect, but I thought he looked slow and tentative and not remotely on Cody’s level last night. I think it’s totally fine to burn his undefeated chip in service of a guy who’s ready to be The Guy now. It’s probably better for Solo’s development to drop the invincible act now, and just let him focus on developing as a well-rounded wrestler. (I think you can point to Jade Cargill as an example of another great prospect that the whole being untouchable thing is actually hurting right now.)

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

How much experience on the indies did Solo have before NXT?   I know it is in his blood (pun intended) but he was only in NXT 2.0 for about a year

Cagematch has his debut in 2018 and still being at less than 100 matches for his career, including barely wresting at all between the Covid shutdown and his NXT debut. So he’s understandably still very green in a lot of ways.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

God, it's going to suck to go back to regular annoying ass Austin Theory and not a dude getting ethered by John Cena every week.

Am I wrong for wanting Cena to beat his ass so bad he goes back to being Gargano's idiot son from NXT?

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Am I wrong for wanting Cena to beat his ass so bad he goes back to being Gargano's idiot son from NXT?

You're not wrong. I think it's the only positive outcome.

• Like 1

It's a battle royal!  I hate battle royals.  All to figure out who the fifth man in a FIVE WAY DANCE!  I will speak no more. At least it came down to Axiom and Nathan Frazer.  Axiom unceremoniously dumps Frazer to the floor after a tricked sequence out of a SuperPlex.   Pretty Deadly are dressed Amish tonight?  I back their play 100%.  PRETTY DEADLY LOVES US!  Tyler Bate!  Von Wagner!  Where has Von Wagner been?  Tyler Bate bounces all over the ring for Wagner.  Mr Stone is the secret superstar of the match as he is landed on by Tyler Bate.  Bate wins with a Spinny Toprope Senton.  Poor Von Wagner.  Valentina Feroz and Elektra Lopez settle some hash.  Lopez is pretty good.  Feroz is teeny but will lay it in.  Lopez does a VARIATION of a Powerbomb and wins!  That was not very long.  Eddy Thorpe is an LA Dojo dude, formerly known as Karl Fredericks.  He looked perfectly fine.  MORE PRETTY DEADLY!  Sol Ruca, Ivy Nile and Indi Hartwell have a Three Way Dance!  A Triple Threat!  Sol Ruca is very agile and spectacular.  Indi hits a Spinebuster!  Sol hits her fancy finisher!  Indi jumps in and steals the pin!  Hank Walker and Drew Gulak settle some hash!  This is weirdly good.  Hank Walker is way fun on the mat now.  When did THAT happen?  Gulak is awesome.  Walker is fun in a lummoxy way.  Charlie Dempsey hits Walker as the ref was kinda not looking!  That was good.  It's Briggs and Jensen!  It's Stacks and Tony D'Angelo!  Booker T uses the phrase, "nose wide open."  I haven't heard that phrase used in 30 years!  Stacks is SUPER WORKER of the match.  DECAPITATION by Stacks and D'Angelo!  That was awesome.  Briggs and Jensen hit a Doomsday Device!  This match is an ode to the Road Warriors and Demolition!  D'Angelo and Stacks hit a finisher and Briggs and Jensen aren't added to the three way!  Okay.   GARGANO BLEEDS A LITTLE!

• Like 1

The battle royal was fun enough, particularly for the finale between Axiom and Frazier. 

Bate/Wagner was decent. Dug the bits with Stone's interference.

Lopez/Feroz was decent while it lasted but too short.

Thorpe/Bourne? was ok. Never seen either before. Both guys looked decent but didn't leave a particular strong impact.

Ruca vs. Indi vs. Ivy was perfectly fine. Glad Indi won. If she doesn't win at S&D I hope she finally leaves to the main roster. Its time, ad they can easily build back her team with Candice.

Glad Roxanne is participating though the whole story to get to this match felt odd. The anxiety angle was an interesting choice. 

Gulak/Walker was good fun. Loved seeing them work the mat so much. Hank is good as lumbering big dude who can surprise people at any moment be it with strength or mat skills. Not sure if that awkwardness he has is legit or not but it strangely adds to his work and character right now.

Briggs/Jensen vs. Stacks/Tony was solid with plenty of nice tag work from both teams. Loved Booker popping so hard for Decapitation. 

8 hours ago, Dog said:

Grayson Waller is the most boring character on any roster.

Grayson is good in the ring but he really does feel extremely forced.   Feel like he is only a month or so away from using insider terms and talking about the sheets to get heat.  

So Roxanne supposedly almost died after being in the ring with Meiko in a 15-20 minute match.   Now 3 weeks later she is in a match with 5 FIVE PEOPLE and ladders.  Is Doc Sampson still working for the WWE?   By the way wasn't it 5 people that beat the shit out of HBK in the bar in Syracuse.    

Meh. They're what, 50/50 on their Joshi pick ups and hell that's being kind to Iyo's run at this point since they had to kind of start over with her. 

Unless you have exceptional physical charisma or learn really good English, there is a ceiling on you in WWE if you're a foreign worker. I can't see that changing a lot under HHH, with Sarray's run being a prime example of it.

Top Dolla just needs to pack it in after that absolute nuke by Cole tonight. Geeeeyawlee. 

The LWO is going to turn on Rey, and Dom is going to quit Judgement Day, and we’re going to leave Mania with Dom as 1998 Eddie leading the LWO aren’t we. This will be glorious sleazy bullshit.

And in all the praise for the buildup to Mania and excitement and all, I kind of lost sight of one thing: LA crowds suuuuuuuuck

Thought this was a pretty weak go home show. Disappointing to see the opening segment fall into the tropes of 'winning the big one' and 'walking out as champs' rather focusing on hatred, betrayal and ass-kicking. The main segment being Roman coming out just to say his lame catchphrase is up there with him and Brock playing tug of war. Yeesh. I'll give them the benefit of the down they were taking it easy the night before.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steventon said:

Thought this was a pretty weak go home show. Disappointing to see the opening segment fall into the tropes of 'winning the big one' and 'walking out as champs' rather focusing on hatred, betrayal and ass-kicking. The main segment being Roman coming out just to say his lame catchphrase is up there with him and Brock playing tug of war. Yeesh. I'll give them the benefit of the down they were taking it easy the night before.

The entire segment was about loyalty. Did we watch the same thing?  lol

I’m watching NXT and I still don’t know if Roxanne Perez vacated her title.  During the entrances, someone referenced Perez defending her title.  Five min later, a pretaped segment with Pretty Deadly said a new champion would be crowned.

I’m guessing Hall retains, but I dunno what the point of this angle is and am not really into it.

Match is about to start.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
Got the name wrong