DVDVR Message Board

GOTY?

misanthrope304

As much as I loved Tomb Raider, I'm leaning toward GTA5 being my GOTY myself.  Arkham Origins had a solid story, but enough technical glitches that would knock it down.  

Last of Us might be the most overrated game of all time though.  Most certinally of the year.

Seems to be fairly obvious...Democracy in action, GO!

But Democracy 3 wasn't any fun!

So while I don't have a GOTY set in stone yet, I can tell you what I'd pick for a few sub-cats:

Best Surprise: Shadow Warrior 2013

Biggest Disappointment: Shitty Marvel Diablo

Worst Game I Loved Every Minute Of: Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game I Loved for Thirty Hours, Then Got Astonishingly Bored With And Walked Away 2/3 Into the Story: GTA5

Pile of Shame Title I Most Look Forward To Cracking Open: Ratchet and Clank ItN

Game I Bought the LE Of But May Never Actually Play: Ys IV: Memories of Celceta

I normally come to games a year or two after they're released and pick up a couple of new ones here and there.

Of the 2013 stuff I've played, the only two standouts for me thus far have been Bioshock Infinite and GTAV.

I ran it last year instead of Kyle and will do so again unless he wants the title back.

And yeah - this isn't getting run until at least like March.

Considering how many rely on Xmas to stock up on this year's titles... yeah...

wait until January, so that way people have a chance to get to things like Gone Home, Monaco, Gunpoint, Shadow Warrior, etc. during the steam sale

I just want to echo that Gunpoint and Gone Home are indeed among the best games of the year.

My selection of titles this year is pretty limited.  So, that said, my GOTY is........Ni No Kuni.  It's flawed and repetitive but it's also all kinds of awesome.  Second place would probably be Rocksmith 2014, followed by Tomb Raider, NHL 14 and something else I'm surely forgetting.  The Last of Us was one big, gigantic ball of disappointment for me so it doesn't make the list.