DVDVR Message Board

The Netflix Thread

John Austin

Three episodes in, and I'm also on board with Orange... though I'm not too fond of the giving everyone a backstory thing so far. I guess they have to fill time somehow, but I think I would've preferred not knowing anything about any of the other inmates, besides what happens in the prison.

Orange is the New Black is the shit.  I'm 5 episodes in, and I'm more excited about this show than anything currently on regular TV.  Seriously I wish I had more free time to binge on these episodes.

Made my kids watch The Bay last night.  Not scary, badly acted, shoddily produced (the attempts at making up web sites where they're getting some of the footage is laughable), but still engrossing (and gross).  Seems plausible, which all good horror movies should aspire to. 

But uh, wouldn't an x-ray or MRI show the little isopods running around eating someone's organs?  I guess because it was only one doctor in the small town and everyone thought it was some kind of flesh eating virus,they didn't bother, but, yeah, they probably should have done an x-ray.

Speaking of things GRRM worked on, I'd really like to see 80s Twilight Zone again.  I know it isn't well-regarded by longtime fans, but I loved it when I was a kid.

(Also speaking of not-on-Netflix 80s revivals of 60s series that are on Netflix, I'd like even more to see 80s Mission Impossible again.)

I'm nearly done. I have two episodes left. The actress who plays Chapman is fucking great.

Yes she is.  I love any show that can hit you with a multitude of emotions in quick order and pull them off.  This show is funny, sad, frightening, depressing, and sometimes uplifting all at the same time. 

If you can do Amazon Prime, check out The Bates Haunting. It was made by my friend Byron, the guy I used to talk firepro and the Monday night wars with back in high school. He used to be on Storm Chasers and shit.

IT HAS PEOPLE GETTING EATEN BY COMBINE HARVESTERS

I just finished ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK and I need to find a new show to start watching.  I think I will watch ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.  I wanted to watch THE SHIELD, but that is just on discs.  Anybody have any recommendations that aren't obvious like MAD MEN or SONS OF ANARCHY because I probably have already watched them?

The Shield is on Amazon and I *think* Hulu as well. I'm giving the series a watch through for the first time since right before season seven...god it's amazing. Going to be watching the finale of season three tonight....forgot how slow the build to the shit hitting the fan with the money train was.

The Shield is on Amazon and I *think* Hulu as well. I'm giving the series a watch through for the first time since right before season seven...god it's amazing. Going to be watching the finale of season three tonight....forgot how slow the build to the shit hitting the fan with the money train was.

The money train finale was so awesome and the last shot of the Strike Team with this look of "holy shit..." on their faces is classic.

Best TV show ever, only seconded by Friday Night Lights. So if FNL is still on Netflix, that is definitely worth a watch. Sons of Anarchy is on Netflix as well.

Don't watch the final season. It turns into shit REAL quick.

Don't watch the final season. It turns into shit REAL quick.

Listen to this advice.  The first two seaons were fantastic, but the final one?  Yeesh, take it back, we don't want it!

EDIT:  Wow, Stephen McHattie played the Season 3 bad guy!  Didn't know that.

I...

it...

Man. That escalated quickly.

Netflix Canada just released their version of Instant Queue. It's called My List and allows you to, well, create a watchlist. Apparently it may not be rolled out fully yet, but I have it available on my PS3.