DVDVR Message Board

The Netflix Thread

John Austin

14 hours ago, The Comedian said:

The Venom Mob stuff. The Five VenomsThe Kid With The Golden ArmCrippled AvengersMasked Avengers...all great stuff...

I have not seen an abundance of Cheh's Venom Mob stuff in my queue.  Maybe I am not looking hard enough.

I suppose I didn't look very hard since it shows up on El Rey Network with welcomed regularity.

There are quite a few Shaw Bros movies on Netflix but they can be hard to find.  The best way I found is to use the phone app and go into the Foreign section, from there, there is a Chinese sub-division (sometimes they have a Martial Arts one as well) where they are usually listed.  They have a number of the movies released by Dragon Dynasty/Miramax as well, including some that never made it to DVD stateside.

For me, the title of Favorite SB Feature is a toss up between Kid With The Golden Arm, Flag of Iron, Masked Avengers, and Magnificent Ruffians / The Destroyers mostly because those are the movies where Lu Feng is allowed to go nuts with pole weapons.

Golden Arm may edge the others slightly since it contains the rare Lo Mang antagonist role and he finally gets the lengthy fight scene he deserved to be in all along.

I have a soft spot for Invincible Shaolin and the Brave Archer trilogy as they represent the handful of Shaw movies where Lu Feng did not play the heavy.

And then there is Avenging Warriors of Shaolin and its ridiculous Kung Fu death scenes.  So great,,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MST3k episodes:

Catalina Caper
Eegah!
Future War
The Giant Gila Monster
Hercules Against The Moon Men
Horrors Of Spider Island
I Accuse My Parents
Jack Frost
Laserblast
Manos: The Hands Of Fate
Merlin’s Shop Of Mystical Wonders
Pod People
Puma Man
Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
Sidehackers
Space Mutiny
Teenagers From Outer Space
Time Chasers
Werewolf
Zombie Nightmare

2 hours ago, Control said:

MST3k episodes:

Catalina Caper
Eegah!
Future War
The Giant Gila Monster
Hercules Against The Moon Men
Horrors Of Spider Island
I Accuse My Parents
Jack Frost
Laserblast
Manos: The Hands Of Fate
Merlin’s Shop Of Mystical Wonders
Pod People
Puma Man
Santa Claus Conquers The Martians
Sidehackers
Space Mutiny
Teenagers From Outer Space
Time Chasers
Werewolf
Zombie Nightmare

Booo, no Fugitive Alien!

I thought all or nearly all of Space Mutiny was already on YouTube.

That's by far my favorite episode. I think it was the favorite of the others I watched MST3K with. I always get tickled when I learn of how much others like that episode or can quote it.

41 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I thought all or nearly all of Space Mutiny was already on YouTube.

That's by far my favorite episode. I think it was the favorite of the others I watched MST3K with. I always get tickled when I learn of how much others like that episode or can quote it.

When they do rankings, Space Mutiny is usually #2 behind The Final Sacrifice.

• 3 weeks later...