DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE - 3/22/2023!

DEAN

I must have said it on Discord, but I think I said something to the effect of, "if Omega vs Vikingo were in NJPW, someone would probably be dying, so thankfully it's in AEW." That comment aged like milk.

Kenny looks like he was legit injured in that match and if he walked away unscathed, then holy shit. It's either this or Omega vs Ospreay that's my MOTY right now. Someone else said watching Vikingo felt like their first time watching Rey Jr. and I feel the same away. I was just blown away. For a dude who is only 5'6", Vikingo's actions in the ring made him look like a giant. Never once thought about his height or the disparity in size.

Really loved the angle all night long of the BCC just fucking up one person after another until the motherfuckin' Hangman has to come in with a fucking BOARD WITH NAILS IN IT to chase them away. I think they may be the first time I saw someone use a 2x4 with nails in it to run someone off. Hangman better be careful that the BCC doesn't come back with a bigger board with a bigger nail in it...(wonders if anyone gets that reference). My only problem with the angle is that for what seems like the 4th or 5th show in a row, the episode was cut off by Young Sheldon. I wound up finding out on reddit that Don acted like he got hit by Hangman and Kenny and Hangman got into an argument and that shit should be on TV. Figure out your fucking timing.

Sting firing himself up like OC was great. Just the best shit.

I'm really, really hoping FTR don't lose to the Gunns. I'd like for them to stay in AEW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My only problem with the angle is that for what seems like the 4th or 5th show in a row, the episode was cut off by Young Sheldon. I wound up finding out on reddit that Don acted like he got hit by Hangman and Kenny and Hangman got into an argument and that shit should be on TV. Figure out your fucking timing.

That sounds like exactly what I saw on TV before the show ended?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AxB said:

You know how YUTA had to wrestle Danielson (and fight Moxley) to get initiated into the BCC?

Wouldn't it be cool if the backstage beatdown on Stu Grayson was stage 2 of him getting jumped in, and he's now the new 4th member on the sly?

I like this idea since it's kind of hard to figure out who the extra heels are gonna be if this is building to Blood and Guts or Anarchy in the Arena (outside of farfetched Punk scenarios). Stu taking a long time off, seeing the Dark Order go soft and the BCC filling the role they used to have wouldn't take too much suspension of disbelief by wrestling standards.

Vikingo/Kenny was special as expected. That was a master class on how to make someone the majority of the audience probably hasn't seen before into a draw for your company. You can book Vikingo as a special attraction any time now. Would love to see him vs. Claudio, Darby, Pac, Danielson, or another round with Fenix for the AEW crowd.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JLowe said:

That sounds like exactly what I saw on TV before the show ended?

It did make TV but it also ran over a few minutes. Maybe his DVR cut it off? RECKLESS SPECULATION~!

• Like 2

Man, how could I forget that we even got an appearance by Kansas City legend Tech N9ne on this show. I swear to god AEW get's the most random, yet absolutely awesome cameos on their shows. Martin Kove, Tech N9ne, Billy Mitchell, I'd think TK has an implant in my brain and just knows what fancy to tickle.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Feel like there's going to be a swerve over who really attacked the Bucks from this.

As amazing an episode this was, if next week results in just a rehash of who drove the hummer/ran over Stone Cold with Dark Order, HOB, Callis, Hangman, etc it's a negative.

Did we ever get an answer to who drove the Hummer? If so, I need to get it into the WCW book before it's published. I was even there in Cleveland on the night it happened!

15 minutes ago, Peck said:

It did make TV but it also ran over a few minutes. Maybe his DVR cut it off? RECKLESS SPECULATION~!

Oh, well wtf. YTTV cut right to the start of Young Sheldon. I don't think YTTV allows for any overrun because it records the next few minutes of Young Sheldon. It jumps from Hangman hitting the ring with the board to run off the BCC, and the show just ends in the middle of the announcers talking. It just jumps right to the start of the next show.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh, well wtf. YTTV cut right to the start of Young Sheldon. I don't think YTTV allows for any overrun because it records the next few minutes of Young Sheldon. It jumps from Hangman hitting the ring with the board to run off the BCC, and the show just ends in the middle of the announcers talking. It just jumps right to the start of the next show.

Must depend on the area, I got the ending with the Kenny walking off with Callis and the dissension on YTTV, then the start of Young Sheldon after.

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I have YTTV too, and I didn't have this problem - I think we avoided it because we DVR the show but also watch live (we start at ~8:40, then catch up to live before the main after FFing commercials). That said, I do also DVR Young Sheldon to catch any overrun, so anything is possible. (Off topic: Me and Mrs. Cooper... we got a thang goin' onnnnnn)

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah they definitely showed Omega yelling at Hangman and then storming off, with that carny piece of shit Don Callis acting like Hangman attacked him.

Fucking YTTV. Yeah, I didn't see any of that until I caught it on a clip from twitter that someone posted on either reddit or cagesideseats.

EDIT: This is driving me nuts seeing others with YTTV not have this same issue. In fact, I just checked my recording on my phone and it stops at Excalibur saying, "they were tag team part-" That's the two hour mark right there. I'm just going to submit a support ticket and see if that gets me anywhere.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, AxB said:

I can't see WWE letting Bailey Matthews or James Drake make the jump. And the Notorious P.I.G. Andy Hogg wouldn't be a good fit at all.

Making my point more directly, I don't think they should be recruiting any potential Blackpool guys. The Mox/Claudio/Yuta unit is working just fine (and I guess Danielson if they want to work him back into that, whatever), I just think it's time to move on from it and re-name the group.

53 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That's the two hour mark right there. I'm just going to submit a support ticket and see if that gets me anywhere.

Good luck, I hope it works out - and just a heads up on that, the ticket times may be a little longer than usual due to the incoming price increase and people w questions about the quad box they deployed for the tourney

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Making my point more directly, I don't think they should be recruiting any potential Blackpool guys. The Mox/Claudio/Yuta unit is working just fine (and I guess Danielson if they want to work him back into that, whatever), I just think it's time to move on from it and re-name the group.

Feels like the obvious endgame is for the BCC's continuing degeneracy to be the thing that finally pulls Danielson back to AEW to either redeem them or, barring that, kick their fucking heads in.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I noticed the hoodies said 'Blackpool Wrestling' which made me wonder if they were eventually going to go for an Imperium-style 'mat is sacred' type thing - personally, id have gone with 'BCC' as orphaned initials, but I get the resistance given the hilarious typos and shocked Google searches that have likely been occurring all year long.

And I agree with you 99.99999% about not adding anyone, but @AxB suggestion about last night clandestinely being Stu's jumping in is really, really freakin' good. Too good not to use.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Feels like the obvious endgame is for the BCC's continuing degeneracy to be the thing that finally pulls Danielson back to AEW to either redeem them or, barring that, kick their fucking heads in.

I like that a lot - to your point, I wonder how much of this (if any) is going to eventually play out on ROH. Id obviously much, much rather have it on cable for the world to see, but this issue seems tailor made for the 'house style' there

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
And much has been made of Danielson's 'going home' comment possibly referring to ROH (home)
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I like that a lot - to your point, I wonder how much of this (if any) is going to eventually play out on ROH. Id obviously much, much rather have it on cable for the world to see, but this issue seems tailor made for the 'house style' there

I have also been wondering this!  My guess would be that Claudio (and maybe Yuta) lose their title(s) next week and this becomes an all-AEW deal.  Before the Elite got involved I would have given it 50/50 odds but this seems to be the main event angle that they're going with since MJF doesn't have a defined program right now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

My guess would be that Claudio (and maybe Yuta) lose their title(s) next week and this becomes an all-AEW deal.

I like Claudio. I like Yuta.

Eddie Kingston, ROH Champ, sounds like a hell of a thing though. And I guess Shibata as Pure Champ if they can get dates on him leading into a defense at Forbidden Door?

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I have also been wondering this!  My guess would be that Claudio (and maybe Yuta) lose their title(s) next week and this becomes an all-AEW deal.  Before the Elite got involved I would have given it 50/50 odds but this seems to be the main event angle that they're going with since MJF doesn't have a defined program right now.

Gotta have people to wrestle matches between PPVs and MJF ain't that.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Hangman better be careful that the BCC doesn't come back with a bigger board with a bigger nail in it...(wonders if anyone gets that reference).

Let this be a lesson to everyone else -- put me on ignore and you miss out on hilarious Simpsons memes! 

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I like Claudio. I like Yuta.

Eddie Kingston, ROH Champ, sounds like a hell of a thing though. And I guess Shibata as Pure Champ if they can get dates on him leading into a defense at Forbidden Door?

Honestly the biggest reason I wouldn't want them to go this route is heel Yuta as Pure champ just being dickish and stretching people.

It also occurred to me last night that we might finally be getting the Stop The Moxley angle you predicted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last night's show was really good. I had never seen Vikingo wrestle before so it was a real treat.

I really hope FTR isn't going out by losing to The Gunn's. The Gunn's are getting so much XPac heat it's not even funny. That would just be terrible if they lost and left AEW that way.

I like BCC going all heel with the beatdowns. Those Blackpool Wrestling pullover's they had on looked really swank. 

Overall a great show last night. The red/white/blue ropes were weird though.

• Like 3