DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE - 3/22/2023!

DEAN

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

But he's the reason Mox didn't get a vacation!

This is on my corkboard, but it's way in the corner and missing some twine to connect it to most of the other exhibits. 

Punk cannot join the BCC, Dynamite is not long enough for Wild Thing and Cult of Personality every single time they come out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Punk cannot join the BCC, Dynamite is not long enough for Wild Thing and Cult of Personality every single time they come out.

More reasons:

• The BCC doesn't need yet another guy who's not even from Blackpool
  • One of Regal's longstanding animating principles for the group was no drama, just show up and put in the work, and... Well... Umm...
  • Like 1

There was a star made tonight and his name is El Hijo Del Vikingo. As I watched that match, I had the same thought about "I wonder if this is how people felt when they first saw Rey in 96" and it made me realize that WCW did such a good job of plucking some of the absolute best of the best luchadors in the world. That's the type of guy you want need to have on your roster. He is like Rey Fenix, but dialed up to 11 and I didn't even know that was a possibility. Really could have done without the Elite/BCC stuff at the end and think ending the show on that fantastic match would've been more than enough, but I can understand wanting to progress your storyline as well in what is arguably a meaningless match for future ramifications in AEW. Hangman doing his best Austin impression.

The Gunns just keep growing on me week after week and Top Flight are definitely what management had hoped Private Party would be. The cake match between Skye Blue and Toni Storm wasn't too bad, but damn I'd love a curveball win once in a while and Skye is now 0-3 against the Outcasts. Let Willow and Riho cause enough of a distraction for a win or something, just give Skye Blue the rub damn it~! Stu Grayson had a great showing against Moxley. Hope him and Uno get slotted back into the tag division because I'd love to see them get a meaningful push besides just Hangman's bois at some point. It's so wild to me that them and Best Friends never got a run with the titles (although I'd say BF is a little more wild since they have had some great matches and feuds throughout AEW's history).

• Like 7

I lost my God damn write up fucking shit.

attempt two:
—-

When AEW was first announced I had hoped we’d get these exciting special matches from luchadores like we’d see on Nitro (not me though, I was a WWF kid). In addition to Joshi crossover and New Japan/ DDT appearances/ excursions. I’m glad we can get Vikingo randomly on tv and Riho running around with a pipe. 

——

I loved the opening with the ambulance. Page staying with the Bucks and even traveling to the hospital with them while Don Callis pulls Kenny away so he can focus on his match.

I hope this leads to an exiled Callis seeking revenge in the Elite with a newly mean Cinnabon-hatin Takeshita.

——-

39 minutes ago, Infinit said:

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS

WHAT IF PUNK IS THE BCC'S "4TH MAN"????

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

woah. I like this. Especially if it it a swerve and we expect it to be Danielson but we get a Punk return again (like at Quake by the Lake.

25 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Cult of Wiiiiild Thing,

you make my Personality sing

21 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

More reasons:

• One of Regal's longstanding animating principles for the group was no drama, just show up and put in the work, and... Well... Umm...

Based on my vast knowledge of Blackpool (so they dye their pools black, huh?) it is basically Atlantic City. I’ve seen enough episodes of Boardwalk Empire to know there is always drama. That’s why they were always slapping each other. 
———

I still have a lot to watch and we’re still so early in the year, but…

My match of the year is:

MJF vs Bryan Danielson. I was very moved by it.

——

I’m a fan of story progression after a match as long as it is after and not in place of a finish. 

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 6

Turns out Vikingo is having a match in Grand Rapids on Saturday, this Dynamite sealed a second row seat for Warrior Wrestling's show also featuring Top Flight!

What a show, I'm so into QTV's sports entertainment. It's good ol' fashioned Turner style comedy.

• Like 4

Please AEW. Give us Death Quadrangle. Take Death Triangle, let Pentagon spam his taunts with PAC, and put Rey Fenix and Vikingo together. Then duck, because there's going to be bodies flying EVERYWHERE.

Actually, dream match: Fenix/Vikingo vs Moxley/Minoru Suzuki. Perfect balance between crazy wtf moves and beat down PAIN SMASH HURT YOU.

Best of Ninety One. Book it, Coach Tony.

• Like 6

Double post ish: I kinda half want a version of the 24/7 championship from WWE.

Now, before you start disciplinary action to take my wrasslin fan card away, or think I'm off my meds (although I did take a pain pill earlier)  I don't mean the silly ass chase scenes non-stop WWE had. I would love to see just a random match break out backstage. I mean, a lot of the AEW folks are damn creative when it comes to laying out a match, and I would love to see a quick five minute or so fight backstage match. I want Kenny Omega dropping off a chandelier on someone. I want Hangman Adam Page dragging someone the length of the catering table ala those old western bar fights (complete with Orange Cassidy no-selling the brawl around him and eating a sandwich) . Not something to the level of the stadium stampede matches, but as a palate cleanser from a ring, four ropes, etcetera, it would be fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man, that one, out of all the craziness (because the match was fucking CRAZY, and also because that moment was simple and awesome) made so much sense. What a great match. And I was never on the Kenny bandwagon, but him playing under-acting, stiff-ass heel the entire match and then face getting jumped, was perfect work. 

Vikingo is absolutely MADE in North America now. No question. And he deserves it. 

I have to wonder - will having a US following mean that El Hijo del Vikingo will be allowed to main event big AAA shows? Cause from what I understand he barely does.

Also wondering if the ropes they used tonight weren't their usuals due to an increased need for one guy to be as comfortable as possible while hitting springboards.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Double post ish: I kinda half want a version of the 24/7 championship from WWE.

Now, before you start disciplinary action to take my wrasslin fan card away, or think I'm off my meds (although I did take a pain pill earlier)  I don't mean the silly ass chase scenes non-stop WWE had. I would love to see just a random match break out backstage. I mean, a lot of the AEW folks are damn creative when it comes to laying out a match, and I would love to see a quick five minute or so fight backstage match. I want Kenny Omega dropping off a chandelier on someone. I want Hangman Adam Page dragging someone the length of the catering table ala those old western bar fights (complete with Orange Cassidy no-selling the brawl around him and eating a sandwich) . Not something to the level of the stadium stampede matches, but as a palate cleanser from a ring, four ropes, etcetera, it would be fun.

Also, for the comedy bits. "You weren't the legal man, you need to hold the tag rope to be tagged in!" "There's no tag ropes backstage!" "That's NOT MY PROBLEM. It's in the rulebook. You need to be holding a tag rope." "Fine.. Hangman, you got a rope I can borrow? See, I'm holding a rope." "Ok, close enough. You're the legal man now"

Bonus points if it's Rick Knox, because we know he's such a stickler for the letter of the rulebooks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

More reasons:

I can't see WWE letting Bailey Matthews or James Drake make the jump. And the Notorious P.I.G. Andy Hogg wouldn't be a good fit at all.

5 minutes ago, AxB said:

I can't see WWE letting Bailey Matthews or James Drake make the jump. And the Notorious P.I.G. Andy Hogg wouldn't be a good fit at all.

If it were the old regime, Vince would think Blackpool was a Marvel movie and book accordingly.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Haha 1