DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 13

Justin877

They did get screwed. Had something similar happen to my varsity team senior year when the ref signaled a touchdown, we threw a pick on a 2 point try, and then the ref said the td was actually down at the one, other team's ball. Lost by one point.

So, yeah tonight's NFL crew is as good as a random high school class C game in Michigan.

And the NFC East title game will likely get flexed to prime time Week 17

cFwKGVI.jpg

What in the hell is that suppose to be anyway?

lulz @ Jets. They couldn't get the Phins to blow the game even after benching Geno.

And NBC constantly bragging about how they flexed Saints/Panthers into next week is an amazing bit of "WHO CARES THAT WE FUCKED UP THIS WEEK. LOOK AT NEXT WEEK!!!"

Before they announced next week's SNF, I was hoping they would flex the Saints @ Panthers game on Dec. 22nd.  I am going to that one

If you told me preseason we would be missing all the Pats that are injured and somehow we'd be in position to clinch the division in Week 14 (with four games left to play).. I would'be said you're nuts.

I don't expect them to go far in the playoffs, there's just too many holes in the D, but, this actually might have been Bill Belichick's best coaching job.

Oh, and speaking of BB... there's a reason the Texans are 2-10.

You have players saying "The other team must have cheated", because they made halftime adjustments that worked. If so, then it's a grand conspiracy against the Texans, because EVERYONE seems to be playing better in the second half against them. When the Colts came back against them, was THAT cheating? (although at least part of that the coach collapsed at halftime)

Unless there's more then this, it's rationalizing by a mentally weak team desperate to rationalize why when things start to go bad against them, they don't find a way to win.

So um, apparently Houston is not yet mathematically eliminated?  There's a scenario where the Jets, Dolphins, Chargers, Browns, Ravens, Steelers, and Texans all finish with a 6-10 record, and because of the way the tiebreakers work, Houston would get in.

They did get screwed. Had something similar happen to my varsity team senior year when the ref signaled a touchdown, we threw a pick on a 2 point try, and then the ref said the td was actually down at the one, other team's ball. Lost by one point.

So, yeah tonight's NFL crew is as good as a random high school class C game in Michigan.

I could tell some stories from when I was coaching high school football in Colorado.  Like the epic night that started with our head coach warning the rest of his staff on the way down that we always get screwed at that particular school.  The rest of the night was just insane.  It started with the opening kickoff from us going 5 yards deep into the end zone - an automatic touchback in high school football - but still getting run back for a touchdown.  The night ended with our starting QB in the hospital, our head coach ejected, and one of the assistants challenging a student from the other school to a fight.  And that barely even touches on the craziness during the game.