DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2023

Dolfan in NYC

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Oooooooof.

10 hours ago, Pete said:

Surprise surprise surprise...

A piece of shit. Warped "people" can think that way.

8 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

I don't endorse extrajudicial stuff (or corporal punishment), but I think as part of anysentence, he should get 97 lashes from those who lost family members or were injured at Hillsborough

Yep.

Spare a thought for Partick Thistle: up 3-0 on aggregate in the 70th in their promotion/relegation playoff second leg vs Ross County only to concede 3 goals in 20 minutes and lose on penalties. Former NY Red Bull Josh Sims converted the winning penalty for the Staggies.

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

PSG has sacked Christophe Galtier because fuck winning Ligue 1, you only made it to the round of 16 in Champions League

You should also look up his apparent issues with Muslim players and maybe also black players. He was getting fired regardless.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

You should also look up his apparent issues with Muslim players and maybe also black players. He was getting fired regardless.

Which is an issue when going into next year your best player is Mbappe.

Also, fuck, any one on this board that follows footy could've won Ligue 1 with PSG this season.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Which is an issue when going into next year your best player is Mbappe.

Also, fuck, any one on this board that follows footy could've won Ligue 1 with PSG this season.

Although they only won their league by less points than the other Gulf State owned club. 

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Messi going to Miami. 

insert Dolfan related cute animal gif here. 

Quickly looks if Atlanta United has tickets available for that one. 

47 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Wonder who will replace Phil Neville as coach. 

I know Tata Martino has expressed interest in returning to MLS, and there's the Josef Martinez connection. I have no clue how Messi would feel about him. 

Just now, Chaos said:

I know Tata Martino has expressed interest in returning to MLS, and there's the Josef Martinez connection. I have no clue how Messi would feel about him. 

Didn’t Messi get him hired as Barcelona coach a few years ago? Don’t remember why he left. 

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Quickly looks if Atlanta United has tickets available for that one. 

Go get that ticket now if you want it; prices are going to hit the roof soon.

11 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Go get that ticket now if you want it; prices are going to hit the roof soon.

Yeah too late. They spiked when I looked this morning (around $140 for decent seats) to now you can't find even higher seats for under $300.

Also, there's a chance Messi doesn't play in Atlanta. Historically, your high profile guys that come over from European leagues tend to avoid playing on artificial turf stadiums. 

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Yeah too late. They spiked when I looked this morning (around $140 for decent seats) to now you can't find even higher seats for under $300.

Also, there's a chance Messi doesn't play in Atlanta. Historically, your high profile guys that come over from European leagues tend to avoid playing on artificial turf stadiums. 

I would be willing to bet that there is no chance in hell Messi won't play in Atlanta as the crowd will be near 70k and him not playing would be a PR catastrophe. 

Messi is going to Inter Miami

Lionel Messi will make a stunning move to Major League Soccer side Inter Miami CF following his departure from Paris Saint-Germain, the Argentine superstar announced Wednesday.

Messi made the announcement about his next club in an interview with Spanish publications Mundo Deportivo and Sport. MLS later confirmed the deal on social media.

The 2022 World Cup winner was linked with a return to former club Barcelona as well as a possible move to Saudi Arabia club Al Hilal, but ultimately decided to join co-owner David Beckham's Miami in MLS.

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

I would be willing to bet that there is no chance in hell Messi won't play in Atlanta as the crowd will be near 70k and him not playing would be a PR catastrophe. 

I would hope so, or Atlanta shells out to get some grass on the pitch for those games. The Galaxy coming to Atlanta with Zlatan there was kind of a non-factor as I don't think Zlatan ever played in that stadium due to the artificial turf.