DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Barnsley 10 men down since the 45th minute as Adam Phillips sent off vs. Sheffield Wednesday in the League 1 Play-off final. In the 124th minute of Extra Time, Josh Windass with the header. Have to feel for Barnsley getting that close for penalties. Happy for Darren Moore, former Bradford City alumni and the Sheffield Wednesday friends I have.

Edited by The Natural

Anthony Hudson, who was serving as the USMNT interim head coach, has left the position to "take a role with an unspecified club abroad"

Assistant B.J. Callaghan is the new interim

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Anthony Hudson, who was serving as the USMNT interim head coach, has left the position to "take a role with an unspecified club abroad"

Assistant B.J. Callaghan is the new interim

Callaghan will be in charge for the Nations League Final Four and Gold Cup.  Add this new change to the mess that is Mexico's NT, and I have no idea what that Nations League Semi-Final is going to look like.

Also?  Good for Hudson.  He knows he's not getting the permanent USMNT gig and there are jobs available now that will be gone by the time the Gold Cup's over.  No real point for him to stick around.

The Europa League final was tonight. FC Sevilla beat AS Roma on penalties. Jose Mourinho gave away his runner-up medal to a random kid. Most casuals were impressed with Roma being sponsored by SPQR.

Speaking of refereeing, Roma's behavior as an entire organization toward the Europa Final's ref is making a case to ban then from Europe forever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

That's gonna separate the men from the boys. WTF?!?!

Just now, The Natural said:

Manchester City 1-0 Manchester United in the FA Cup Final. Gundogan after 14 seconds. Fastest FA Cup Final goal ever. So glad it's back to a 3pm kickoff after 12 years.

Check that timing out, pal!

Realistically, there's got to be at least one City fan in the stadium who was out of their seat and missed both of their goals, but saw the disallowed one.

We'll not get another Super Caley Go Ballistic sadly, as Celtic look to have the Scottish Cup

edit: Literally the minute I post that, Caley get one back. Can the Fozzie Curse happen?

Edited by SirFozzie

16 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

We'll not get another Super Caley Go Ballistic sadly, as Celtic look to have the Scottish Cup

edit: Literally the minute I post that, Caley get one back. Can the Fozzie Curse happen?

Super Celtic Win The Trebble Caley Are Atrocious!!!

• Haha 1

On 6/1/2023 at 9:53 PM, Raziel said:

Speaking of refereeing, Roma's behavior as an entire organization toward the Europa Final's ref is making a case to ban then from Europe forever.

The variance in quality of FIFA officials and VAR is all over the place. In a U20 World Cup round of 16 match played the same day between England and Italy, a similar situation occurred and Italy were awarded a penalty.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Preumably Ilkay is going to get a boatload of money if he really does leave City. 

Between the hat trick in the semi and the brace today, he's basically daring City not to resign him. I'm here for it.

• Like 1