DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2023

Dolfan in NYC

New: Ivan Toney's betting ban

- 13 bets on own team to lose in 7

different matches between August 2017-March 2018

FA: "No evidence ... in a position to influence his own team to lose when he placed bets against them winning – he was not in the squad or eligible to play"

From Rob Harris

Allardyce was a mistake.

Not as big of a mistake as LLLLLLLampard, but Chelsea at least had room for error.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Sorry @Sky Blue Sam. Gutted for Dabo... that one's going to haunt him for a long time.

I have a soft spot for @Sky Blue Sam and Coventry City as my first ever away game was Coventry City vs. Bradford City in May 2001. Bradford City's last Premier League game ever...and it's still Coventry's as well. Sorry, bud xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Premier League: 11 of the most dramatic final days

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65436593 

Best Bradford City game I ever attended by far. We needed to beat Liverpool who were going for a Champions League spot and hope Wimbledon lost away to Southampton. Bradford City won 1-0 and Wimbledon lost 2-0. David Wetherall with the only goal, an early header which increases the tension even more. I was trying to listen to my radio there and update those around me. As we left me and my Dad were caught on camera:

12314147_10153248326543862_5467041775425

12339608_10153248327258862_3424126556551

I was 14 at the time. My Dad, 41.

• Like 4

Just polished of a Desi Keema Saagh, rice, chapatis, poppadom (on the house) and mango chutney for tea from Smoking Grill while watching the final day of the Premier League. Smoking Grill only started doing curries a fortnight ago. Curry is my favourite food. All that for £12, curry on its own is £14 from Shimla Spice. Smoking Grill do great curries, doners and burgers too, two minutes away from my house. Curry chef kept praising me as a man of my word as I'd said I'd be there Sunday. As it stands, Leicester City are beating West Ham at home, Everton are drawing at home vs. Bournemouth and Leeds United 0-2 Tottenham Hotspur meaning Leicester stay up.

Edited by The Natural

As if getting relegated wasn't bad enough, Wigan will now start life in League One on minus-8 points after the club chairman mixed consecutive deadlines to pay their player wages. This is fine.