DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2023

Dolfan in NYC

On 3/21/2023 at 4:05 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Today we mark a somber anniversary.  

15 days ago today, Man U lost by 7 to Arsenal. Liverpool!

Never forget.  🧎🏾

I was at the Ginger Goose pub with my Dad and Adam after we watched Creed III. Adam is like a brother to me and a massive Liverpool fan. We were watching in total disbelief like everyone else in the pub. From there we went for a curry eating inside Shimla Spice. A day I'll always remember.

Edited by The Natural

In the "This Is Fucked Up" department: Right now the suspended match between Melbourne City and Melbourne Victory is being resumed from the point it was abandoned after Victory supporters stormed the pitch and assaulted the City keeper with a flare bucket that left him seriously injured. And to make it even worse is that they allowed Victory supporters in and they are jeering the goalie they assaulted any time he touches the ball. I have no idea how this was not declared a forfeit victory for City. I despise anything to do with any branch of the bloo shit empire but for the only time in my life I am rooting for City to clobber a team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sabremike said:

In the "This Is Fucked Up" department: Right now the suspended match between Melbourne City and Melbourne Victory is being resumed from the point it was abandoned after Victory supporters stormed the pitch and assaulted the City keeper with a flare bucket that left him seriously injured. And to make it even worse is that they allowed Victory supporters in and they are jeering the goalie they assaulted any time he touches the ball. I have no idea how this was not declared a forfeit victory for City. I despise anything to do with any branch of the bloo shit empire but for the only time in my life I am rooting for City to clobber a team.

Shameful. 

Circling back to Fulham's epic meltdown back during the FA Cup, Mitrovic final ban comes to 8 games (with 1 already served), Silva gets a 2 match ban for his tantrum.  Between the two, fines to them and the team itself are in 6 figures.  The FA is considering larger sanctions and appealing themselves.

• Like 1

When Todd Boehley, in his first act as Chelsea owner, proposed that the Premier League should play a North vs South All-Star game during the mid season break, lots of people who hate Chelsea got very, very happy. Because by saying that, he illustrated very clearly that he knows absolutely nothing about the sport, and understands less. Meaning, he was most likely going to tank the team for a couple of years, by making lots and lots of bad decisions. 

So that was quite an accurate assessment.

• Like 1

Wolves 1-0 Chelsea in the PL. Bringing back Fat Frank as interim manager after getting rid of Graham Potter. Never should have sacked Thomas Tuchel. Serves Todd Boehley right. Real Madrid next in the CL.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1