DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/20 - 3/26/2023

Dolfan in NYC

If this is telegraphing Jey or both Usos costing Roman the title vs Cody, that will be such a copout ending to his run. It really deserves a clean loss to put Cody over to really have the most satisfying payoff. Leave the collapse of the Bloodline to the RAW after at least, but preferably it's not an instant trigger pull.

I like the idea of Solo as Cody's first PPV title challenger, they've done a good job of building him up and keeping him protected without over-doing it. He really should be on the WM card. They had a good option of him vs Drew as McIntyre has unfinished business with him but they pivoted away from that after WarGames. 

Pretty Deadly is going to be that team that gets a 6 month title reign and then slot in as perpetual challengers who need to make the tag champs look like ruthless murderers.  

They're going to make a lot of money before they leave.  

• Like 3

Sorry I'm late!  World Baseball Classic and all.  Pretty Deadly are the only WWE talking I don't fast forward through.  Kit is wearing the greatest shirt in the history of shirts.  They bump BIG for Bron Breakker!  Tiffany Stratton!  Indi Hartwell!  This should be good.  Hey!  This isn't live.  Stratton does many gymnastics!  She is becoming very awesome.  BEAUTIFUL Moonsault for the win.  JD McDonagh and Ilja Dragunov beat the hell out of each other.  GREAT Suplexes by Dragunov.  McDonagh with a GREAT Hair Suplex off the top!  This is like Sheamus versus GUNTHER, just littler.  JD McDonagh is like the best wrestler in the ring in WWE but I can't see him anywhere else but in NXT.  Maybe as a New Japan Junior but he's not quite a stylistic match.  I mean he would be a great territorial heel but there are no more territories.  I mean, he would be great in AEW... maybe.  ROH! If he gets cut, he would be perfect for ROH.  This match is fucking great.  Oh MAN, this is fucking AWESOME.  Then.  Everybody else joins the match!  That was great.  Ivy Nile and Lyra Valkyria wrestle to get in the clusterfuck ladder match!  THIS IS FUN!  They are kicking each other in the chest!  Lyra is great.  That wasn't very long but it was good.  Pretty Deadly are adorned in red!  CAN CARMELLO TRUST BRON BREAKKER?!?!  WWE does a lot of dopey things with tag team wrestling.  Nice dropkick by Mello!  Breakker chucks Mello into Pretty Deadly!  Bron is very powerful in picture in picture, hoisting Elton up in a delayed suplex.  Pretty Deadly are the BEST!  Such a great heel tagteam.  They can do anything you need them to.  Mello looks fucking awesome in this.  Breakker makes the hot tag and he COMPLETELY FUX UP PRETTY DEADLY!  What a fucking Released German Suplex!  Nothing But Net!  That was a good wrestling show.

• Like 2

Indi/Tiffany was nice and probably the best Stratton ha slooked since her return. Its been nice seeing Indi improve. Really hope she gets the final spot for Stand & Deliver.

JD/Ilja was pretty damn great up until the no contest finish due to the Lees' interference. Annoyed by the fuck finish just due to how great the match was going, but I have to admit to being happy Ilja is on S&D. Will be interesting to see who gets the final spot. Axiom deserves it and has the build/momentum, but I can see them surprising us with someone else. 

The Javi/Gargano/Waller segment was alright. Its always fun to see Javi trolling and being a general douche who gets his ass kicked. 

Ivy/Lyra was short but decent.

The bar segments setting up the Creeds & Tony/Stacks as the challengers for Gallus at S&D were kind of fun. I kind of like how this one formed less via hate and more general understandings of bruisers. It makes a weird sort of sense that when they aren't beating on each other to prove something they actually can get along to some degree.

The Schism/Chase U debate had a fun moment or two. I'm mostly happy to see Chae U and Bate getting a spot on S&D.

Bron/Hayes vs. Pretty Deadly was unsurprisingly good. Dug how Melo and Bron worked together with the hints of dissension never being anything serious beyond two guys not used to teaming.

Edited by Eivion

I'm slightly surprised NXT Europe is still a potential thing. Thought it was done for sure with Vince's return and the potential sale. 

With it being pushed back I hope they finally start using Noam Dar again instead of having him in limbo. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

I'm slightly surprised NXT Europe is still a potential thing. Thought it was done for sure with Vince's return and the potential sale. 

With it being pushed back I hope they finally start using Noam Dar again instead of having him in limbo. 

I guess, but NXT Europe is mostly going to be newly trained athletes. Dar would just one of the helping hands, if they bother to use him that is.

The remaining former NXT UK people WWE kept are all NXT (USA) people.

39 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Meltzer:

Omega/Vikingo, *****.

Natural:

Omega/Vikingo, *****.

I can't wait for Omega & Rollins to do the same match and have Meltzer give it ** 1/2.  

• Like 1

Cody Rhodes and Ludwig Kaiser wrestle!  Delayed Vertical Suplex that Cody turns into a FACEBUSTER!  Kaiser with the DDT.  Cody punches Kaiser in the face on the outside!  Giovanni Vinci CHEATS!  Solo Sikoa comes out!  Cody sells the knee!  Cross Rhodes!  There you go!  Rey Mysterio and LA Knight wrestle!  LA Knight has nice punches.  Rey hits his offense and he is awesome.  Dominik Mysterio shows up!  He's dressed like a 1993 Pearl Jam fan!  LA Knight kicks Rey in the face and Rey leans way into it.  Nice Powerslam by Knight.  LA Knight hits a thingy that I haven't seen before FOR TWO!  Rey DDTs to comeback!  Dominik INTERJECTS!  LA Knight wins with the Schoolboy!  POSTMATCH!  Mrs Mysterio gets on the mic!  Dom disses his mom!  REY PUNCHES DOMINIK!  THE MATCH IS ON!  That was awesome.  XI Li and Lacey Evans!  Shotzi has the tank!  She is tagging with Natalya!  Evans is a HEAT MACHINE!  Li with a nice Suplex.  Shotzi hits a tope!  Natalya applies the Sharpshooter!  That was short.  GUNTHER IS AWESOME.  Hey!  They made a match!  Well, THIS should be good.  GREAT SUPLEX by GUNTHER!  Man, it must suck to be in the ring with GUNTHER.  Butch gets bent in two with a Boston Crab.  GREAT RELEASED GERMAN SUPLEX!  MAAAN, this is an EPIC assbeating.  Butch has a little comeback.  GUNTHER cuts him off with a Sleeper Hold!  Everybody at ringside attacks everybody at ringside!  GUNTHER CRUSHES Butch with an inverted Air Raid Crash!  That was fun little episode.  GUNTHER! GUNTHER! GUNTHER!

• Like 3

Cody/Kaiser was good. The post match promo was solid as well.

Rey/Knight was good and a nice showcase for Knight overall. So happy to see him finally get a victory. The post match segment with things finally coming to a head with Rey and Dom was good. That pop for Rey smacking Dom was tremendous. Very curious to see how the Wrestlemania match plays out. If Rey isn't retiring or leaving soon i kind of want him to win just so Dom can become an even bigger asshole when he vents his frustration over losing.

Lacy/Xia vs. Shotzi/Nattie was a match. Nothing overly bad or impressive. Was nice to see Nattie on the apron pulling the crowd behind Shotzi.

GUNTHER/Butch was good stuff. Loved the ways Gunther would cut off Butch and the eventual comeback from Butch was nice as well.

The KO/Sami segment was a nice little nod to the Bloodline shirt segment from last year. Loved KO telling Sami he gets one hug a year before breaking down and doing it again. Its exactly how one of my sisters treats me and my oldest sister sometimes during holidays and birthdays. 

Three fairly good matches and some decent segments. Fun show overall. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Cody/Kaiser was good. The post match promo was solid as well.

Rey/Knight was good and a nice showcase for Knight overall. So happy to see him finally get a victory. The post match segment with things finally coming to a head with Rey and Dom was good. That pop for Rey smacking Dom was tremendous. Very curious to see how the Wrestlemania match plays out. If Rey isn't retiring or leaving soon i kind of want him to win just so Dom can become an even bigger asshole when he vents his frustration over losing.

Lacy/Xia vs. Shotzi/Nattie was a match. Nothing overly bad or impressive. Was nice to see Nattie on the apron pulling the crowd behind Shotzi.

GUNTHER/Butch was good stuff. Loved the ways Gunther would cut off Butch and the eventual comeback from Butch was nice as well.

The KO/Sami segment was a nice little nod to the Bloodline shirt segment from last year. Loved KO telling Sami he gets one hug a year before breaking down and doing it again. Its exactly how one of my sisters treats me and my oldest sister sometimes during holidays and birthdays. 

Three fairly good matches and some decent segments. Fun show overall. 

My Sister is the same. I like hugging people while my Sister really has to be in the mood.

3 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Shocked to see Lashley got tossed in to the Andre battle royal for next week's "WrestleMania Smackdown" 

Feel for Bobby Lashley. Looks like he won't get a WrestleMania XXXIX match now with Bray Wyatt out. Hope Bray's okay.

58 minutes ago, Steventon said:

Really pulling for Rey to wind back the clock and have a killer match with Dom, the build up to its been real good. The pop for him finally stepping to Dom and accepting the challenge was mega.

One of the matches I'm most looking forward to.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Feel for Bobby Lashley. Looks like he won't get a WrestleMania XXXIX match now with Bray Wyatt out. Hope Bray's okay.

Why couldn't they just do another Open Challenge. Have him Challenge someone in the locker room.

I thought it would have been great to have him face Xavier Woods. It would give Woods to have a spotlight singles match on Mania since Kofi is out and you could have Big E corner him, we'd all love to see him out there.

• Like 1