DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage - 3/17/2023

The Natural

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

Will they ever be able to top this moment?

Sir David Attenborough voiceover: "A rare sight captured on camera when the Pentagon does something other than spam taunts in the AEW jungle (boy).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MIDNIGHT WRESTLING!  Powerhouser Hobbs and Rey Fenix are a-wrestlin'!  AWESOME!  They are pushing QTV!  Nice Shoulderblock onto A Moonsaulting Rey Fenix!  Three dives to take Hobbs down!  Hobbs slams Rey for two!  Fenix makes Hobbs look like fucking VADER.  Meanwhile, QT Marshall is a HEAT MACHINE!  Hobbs with a NERVE HOLD!  Toa Liona did a nerve hold yesterday on ROH!  It's Nerve Hold Week in the AEW/ROH Umbrella!  In picture in picture, QT CHEATS!  AWESOME!  ANOTHER NERVE HOLD!  AWESOME POWERSLAM by HOBBS!  EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX BY REY MOTHERFUCKING FENIX!  This is great comeback by Rey Fenix.  GREAT POUNCE!  SPINEBUSTER FOR TWO!  Rey Fenix is fucking AWESOME.  Love Machine Splash for two!  SPINEBUSTER!  BURNING HAMMER!  That was fucking great.  Rey Fenix is a revelation.  NERVE HOLDS~!  LADY BALLS~!  What a week!  STU GRAYSON!  MOX!  That'll be good.  Taya Valkyrie takes Ava Lawless to the ROAD TO VALHALLA!  AWESOME!  THE BOLLYWOOD BOYZ!  With a Z!  To be STREET!  Daddy Magic and Cool Hand Ange are astoundingly old school.  They are the Nouvelle Mod Squad.  They use the picture in picture to cut off the ring and CHEAT!  When we get to regular screen, JAS crushes a Bollywood Boy!  That was in the middle of all wrestling.  BRODIE KING! DANIEL GARCIA!  Garcia IS Larry Zbysko!  Garcia makes Brodie King look like VADER like Fenix made Hobbs look like VADER.  Jesus, Garcia is accepting an ass beating.  Brodie steals the Emi Sakura Cross Body Block into the barricade!  In picture in picture, Garcia goes on offense!  Garcia gets slaughtered with a Piledriver!  GREAT LOOKING CANNONBALL!  Garcia with a Sleeper!  Walls of Jericho!  Baseball Bat of Jericho!  GARCIA WINS! GARCIA WINS!  That was good.  ROH RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD BUT SO DOES AEW!

• Like 4

Two good Little vs Big matches on this one. I would have liked the Hobbs match to end after the powerslam though. Everything after seems extraneous, but I guess Fenix is a guy to protect. Always like seeing Alex get destroyed and I'd be up for Hobbs for PAC and Hobbs vs Penta. Garcia's stooging was great. He always had it in him but I'm not sure he was nearly as capable of it in 2021. All I want for Q4 2023 is BCC vs Garcia/Moriarty/Hook/Top Flight. Nice Stu promo too. Perfectly ok 2.0 tag, though they sort of diluted things by putting them up against another Canadian team. Loved the Stoke training video.

Dynamite looks fun. Gunns vs Top Flight. Mox vs Stu. Toni vs Skye. And maybe I'll see if I can find Bockwinkel vs a Viking.

• Like 3

Nice little Saturday Morning Rampage. @DEAN justly offers that 'Rey Fenix is a revelation' and I think we all agree. Nice bout with Hobbs. QT already proving his heat machine value at ringside. Harley Cameron excitedly captures the action on her cellphone. Solo rocks a baby blue blazer! QTV forever! Terrific Stu Grayson video package - going forward, let's have more and more of that terrific French Canadian accent. 'My World Was Empty Without Stu, babe!' Mox v Stu!!! Nice Cole vid, fun Stokley vid, fun Taya squash, fun fun fun. And fun Takeshita-Callis and Gunns-Martins segs. A Menard-Parker competitive squash! And then a nice little Brody v Garcia bout. Wait a second, dominating asskicker Brody King hits a piledriver for... 2!? I'll accept 'AEW HOUSE STYLE' and move on. Also, on a week where OC kicks out of a Golden Globe shot from Lethal, amongst the many other weeks featuring weapons shots that don't result in wins, I'm a bit underwhelmed by a bat shot finish on the preceived-to-be-to-me-on-the-rise-and-unstoppable King. Still, no hard feelings, having too much fun. AEW, thanks for upping the ante on the video packages. And thank you for Stu v Mox and Kenny v Vikingo! AwEsome-DUB-a-DUB!

• Like 5

The reason I stopped watching basketball, especially college basketball, is the last 5 minutes of a game take FOREVER. The last 8 minutes of that game before Rampage took over 30 minutes of real time, and so even though my DVR is set to record an extra 30 minutes I still had the end of the main event cut off.

I’ve been clamoring for Rey Fenix and Brody King singles matches and I got them! And Omega singles next week! Thanks Coach Tony K!

Enjoyed the opener, good story, Hobbs was a great base for most of Fenix’s stuff but some of the more convoluted lucha stuff didn’t go smoothly and this you get Fenix doing an Everest German suplex that, while fun, was maybe a feat of strength that didn’t fit the story as opposed to the planned top-rope flip momentum suplex. Both Hobbs and Wight did a great job covering for the wobble on the top rope. I forgot that Spine on the Pine isn’t Hobbs finisher and was a little annoyed at Fenix kicking out twice. Overall. very enjoyable match but maybe a little more competitive than should’ve been for Hobbs’ first defense.

Does Taya know that the word is “guera” not “wera”? I don’t really know why they felt the need to add another woman to the division other than to have a new victim for Jade. Took me a minute to realize Sterling was getting involved for an angle over ownership of the finisher. While she wasn’t WWE, I’m with others who think it would be the best move to have The Outcasts help Taya beat Jade to move Jade up to the top card angle for a War Games.

2.0 are good at the stooging and heeling which is good because I’m not sure they’re the greatest wrestlers. Nothing wrong with solid mid-card heels (which is where the Gunns should have stayed).

Garcia’s sports entertainment antics are great, he is able to channel some sort of “trying to be charming but only being douchey” vibe. He also might be the greatest taker and seller of chops in AEW. King is a star with the way he moves for his size and the way he can sell for a smaller guy. My recording cut off right after the PiP, I’ll have to watch the rest on YouTube I guess.

Holy shit Dynamite looks great next week.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

Two good Little vs Big matches on this one. I would have liked the Hobbs match to end after the powerslam though. Everything after seems extraneous, but I guess Fenix is a guy to protect. Always like seeing Alex get destroyed and I'd be up for Hobbs for PAC and Hobbs vs Penta. Garcia's stooging was great. He always had it in him but I'm not sure he was nearly as capable of it in 2021. All I want for Q4 2023 is BCC vs Garcia/Moriarty/Hook/Top Flight. Nice Stu promo too. Perfectly ok 2.0 tag, though they sort of diluted things by putting them up against another Canadian team. Loved the Stoke training video.

Dynamite looks fun. Gunns vs Top Flight. Mox vs Stu. Toni vs Skye. And maybe I'll see if I can find Bockwinkel vs a Viking.

Is a Barbarian close enough to a Viking?

• Like 3

Big win for Hobbs. It's not that long ago he would have never beaten Fenix one on one. I guess the Book (and TV helped)? I guess Marshall has something to do with it, maybe?

Taya looks good. It's kinda weird to see her smile a lot, because Frankie Monet was mostly smirking.

JAS.0 wins and it looks like Bollywood Boys' dance move(s) have actually regressed from 205 Live days. Their wrestling couldn't have regressed all that much, to be honest.

That was like Garcia's third biggest win ever, or tied fourth with one of the Kingston wins, anyway! I guess the better half of JAS will continue the hunt for the Trios titles. Well, there could be a multitude of possible combos they could go with in that feud, if they had the tv time for it. I think strategy-wise, it's time for Hager to throw his hat into the ring and replace Sammy in their next attempt.

Anybody could see that Stokley's training wasn't going to be all that effective, since the montage was missing the proper music. It just doesn't work like that, guys!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Matt D said:

Yeah, Nord. I was going with Nord. It’s Nord. The answer is Nord.

Did Verne ever use any Viking practice squad guys? Either way Bock had to have wrestled some one of Nordic decent in the AWA

Where where the rest of HOB?

On 3/19/2023 at 3:59 AM, Shartnado said:

JAS.0 wins and it looks like Bollywood Boys' dance move(s) have actually regressed from 205 Live days. Their wrestling couldn't have regressed all that much, to be honest.

Lol, my only memory of the Bollywood Boyz in WWE is them stooging for Jinder.  Specifically, all I remember of them is that they took some wicked crash-test-dummy bumps through the announcer’s table back when Jinder was feuding with Orton.  I think Orton murdering the Boyz with careless-looking beck suplexes got over more than the actual feud.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Lol, my only memory of the Bollywood Boyz in WWE is them stooging for Jinder.  Specifically, all I remember of them is that they took some wicked crash-test-dummy bumps through the announcer’s table back when Jinder was feuding with Orton.  I think Orton murdering the Boyz with careless-looking beck suplexes got over more than the actual feud.

I was going to mention those head-drops, but I couldn't think of anything funny or constructive to say, so I opted not to. Maybe I should have said that those suplexes were the reason they can't pull off their dance moves anymore?

On 3/20/2023 at 4:33 PM, Shartnado said:

I was going to mention those head-drops, but I couldn't think of anything funny or constructive to say, so I opted not to. Maybe I should have said that those suplexes were the reason they can't pull off their dance moves anymore?

Fucking nasty:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUNZYy5_nVM

Backdrop driver from hell.

Edited by The Natural