DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE!- 3/15/2023!

DEAN

13 hours ago, zendragon said:

Been to long since we’ve had a something on a pole match

Can they somehow work it so that it'll be Davey Richards on a pole? That will take a better booker than myself to make it make sense, though! (edit... weird timing, just read that he's out of everything, so he'd be free to just sit on top of a pole from now on).

So, yeah after being thoroghly dissapointed with the watchROH "App", (not the actual product, though, it was really good), I just said F it, and and got the DAZN subscription. The first impression is good, the fast forward option is better than the one I have on FITE. Also, getting the option for watching Impact, too, for the same price is a nice bonus. This is probably well worth the ten bucks per month and very convenient for me, which is the top priority.

This week's Dynamite was entertainment heavy, but you know, I don't mind it, after watching wall to wall wrestling of the ROH episodes one and two.

Edited by Shartnado
More stuff...and I guess no Davey Richards
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, LF2 said:

So are you proposing we have a Tony Khan on a pole match, or a Jake Hager bucket hat on a pole match? If it’s the later it’s got to be Hager vs MJF since he stole that look this week.

Oh man, the 4 corners on a pole match from WCW...

For AEW you get:

A signed photo of Danhausen 

A guest spot doing commentary on Rampage

Hager's Hat 

The AEW Cross Atlantic Titanic Passage Title 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Who ends MJF AEW World Championship reign? Eddie Kingston has cooled down. There's Adam Cole, really don't want him. Darby Allin but the bumps will put mileage on that body.

Orange Cassidy! The man can have great matches with anyone. He can tell a story in-ring better than almost anyone. He is still relatively young working a style that will allow him go for years. He is as over as anyone else. He's versatile AF, can do pretty much any type of match you want. 

Added bonus - no 20 minute promos from this Champ to open Dynamite. Here we go baby!

• Like 8

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Who ends MJF AEW World Championship reign? Eddie Kingston has cooled down. There's Adam Cole, really don't want him. Darby Allin but the bumps will put mileage on that body.

I’m gonna borrow @John E. Dynamite idea as I almost posted it last night. Okada would be an interesting choice. I’ve seen posters (I’m thinking you were one of them, and I fully agree with it too) suggesting that Danielson should get the belt to add to the lineage of it. That’s exactly why I’d pick Okada. Being able to say one of the greatest Japanese talents ever held your World title can only enhance its worth. 

Plus it could lead to Bryan finally winning the belt too as he’s one of the guys I could see Okada agreeing to lose to (besides Kenny, but I think he’s WWE bound before 2024).

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

Double post. Sorry. 

Edited by LF2
iPad didn’t show post, and sent it twice instead

I have some thoughts that are better for the Navel Gazing thread but I did want to say that I really liked the opening segment as a reset for the World Title that makes sense, given that the Pillars of AEW has been discussed on TV over the past 18 months. What I didn’t like was the whining and especially the “that’s a shoot, brother” aspect. And, as others have pointed out, do Sammy or Perry really deserve to be in the World Title picture given their last year?
Hopefully, the do a round robin tournament or something instead of having each of them have to run a gauntlet.

• Like 3

At the same time, considering how MJF has made his prospective opponents run gauntlets to get to him more than once, being forced to run one himself would be poetic justice.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

I have some thoughts that are better for the Navel Gazing thread but I did want to say that I really liked the opening segment as a reset for the World Title that makes sense, given that the Pillars of AEW has been discussed on TV over the past 18 months. What I didn’t like was the whining and especially the “that’s a shoot, brother” aspect. And, as others have pointed out, do Sammy or Perry really deserve to be in the World Title picture given their last year?
Hopefully, the do a round robin tournament or something instead of having each of them have to run a gauntlet.

Sammy would have a hard time getting another crack at the TNT-title at this point, and while Jungle Boy has had big wins in the last 12 months and last 6 months, especially, those aren't big enough to get a World title match.

As for other contenders, Wardlow just lost another big match, Mox and Hangman still tangle with each other, Kenny and Jericho seem to still be mixing it up with the trios scene. Darby hasn't had a match since losing the TNT-title, but was on a roll before that. Starks won't be climbing back to top contention before others get their chance.

This leaves the current champs like OC and Hook, who have theoretically had so many wins at this point that they are owed a title match (as does Sting, who is undefeated too, if I'm not mistaken). None of those 3 should be the one to unseat the champ, but I would be entertained by all of them challenging for the title. To be honest, there are enough potential contenders to have a monthly title defence until that 2024 deadline.

In any case, whoever will get the next shot, will not very likely be the one to unseat MJF, either, so I guess everyone should hope it will not be one of their favorites. Which reminds me, that PAC kicking the shit out of MJF, but somehow coming up short would probably be very entertaining, too!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Natural said:

If you're worried about Darby down the line, don't you pull the trigger soon to get maximum value and quality of performance?

I'll just go ahead and say it because nobody else has given this answer yet:

Spoiler

CM Punk

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Sammy would have a hard time getting another crack at the TNT-title at this point, and while Jungle Boy has had big wins in the last 12 months and last 6 months, especially, those aren't big enough to get a World title match.

As for other contenders, Wardlow just lost another big match, Mox and Hangman still tangle with each other, Kenny and Jericho seem to still be mixing it up with the trios scene. Darby hasn't had a match since losing the TNT-title, but was on a roll before that. Starks won't be climbing back to top contention before others get their chance.

This leaves the current champs like OC and Hook, who have theoretically had so many wins at this point that they are owed a title match (as does Sting, who is undefeated too, if I'm not mistaken). None of those 3 should be the one to unseat the champ, but I would be entertained by all of them challenging for the title. To be honest, there are enough potential contenders to have a monthly title defence until that 2024 deadline.

In any case, whoever will get the next shot, will not very likely be the one to unseat MJF, either, so I guess everyone should hope it will not be one of their favorites. Which reminds me, that PAC kicking the shit out of MJF, but somehow coming up short would probably be very entertaining, too!

A monthly title defense would be something different for MJF, for sure.

• Haha 1

On 3/17/2023 at 1:57 PM, LF2 said:

So are you proposing we have a Tony Khan on a pole match, or a Jake Hager bucket hat on a pole match? If it’s the later it’s got to be Hager vs MJF since he stole that look this week.

I’m hoping for Claudio v Kingston in an epic Eddie Kingston’s mother on a pole match

On 3/17/2023 at 2:05 PM, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Spoken like someone who quit WCW at the right time! I think I saw enough of them in 2000 to last me a lifetime.

its been 20 years 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

Orange Cassidy! The man can have great matches with anyone. He can tell a story in-ring better than almost anyone. He is still relatively young working a style that will allow him go for years. He is as over as anyone else. He's versatile AF, can do pretty much any type of match you want. 

Added bonus - no 20 minute promos from this Champ to open Dynamite. Here we go baby!

I’d like the idea of him dropping the International strap to Double J (who can be the mid card boss) only to get serious about defending AEWs honor

I would have said Eddie but he seems ROH bound

I would go with Hangman after he finally vanquishes the BCC and finally sends them packing to ROH