DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/13 - 3/19/2023

Dolfan in NYC

IT'S SAINT PATRICK'S DAY WEEK!  

Who's pot of gold will be found on the ROAD~?

Kevin Owens/Solo Sikoa STREET FIGHT, LA Knight vs. Cody Rhodes, and Bianca Bel Air squashes Chelsea Green tonight!

Oh, and depending on who you talk to, Bray Wyatt may or may not have walked out on WWE due to 'creative differences.'  

I'd guess he wanted to 'create' more money in his bank without wrestling and the WWE felt 'differently.'

• Thanks 1

Solo/KO will be good. Knight/Cody seems random, but its nice to see Knight getting more chances to impress. Would be nice to see him up against people he can actually win against. Green has been so much fun since she came back. I hope we see her and Carmella become an official team soon. They feed off of each other perfectly. 

4 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

"Undisclosed medical issue" rumors for Bray makes me think he may have fell off the wagon

Goddammit.  What will I fast forward through?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

"Undisclosed medical issue" rumors for Bray makes me think he may have fell off the wagon

Physical issue is what Sapp originally said WWE sources told him. Then updated post using the term "illness".

• Like 1

In theory, Sheamus should have a massive advantage in a match held on St. Patricks Day.

But..

17.03.2019 Triple Threat: The Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy) defeat Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura and The Bar (Cesaro & Sheamus)

WWE Live - House Show @ Peoria Civic Center in Peoria, Illinois, USA

17.03.2018 WWE RAW Tag Team Title: The Bar (Cesaro & Sheamus) (c) defeat Finn Balor & Seth Rollins

WWE Live Road To WrestleMania Tour - House Show @ BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA

17.03.2017 WWE RAW Tag Team Title Triple Threat: The Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) (c) defeat Cesaro & Sheamus and The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston)

WWE Live Road To WrestleMania Tour - House Show @ War Memorial Arena At Oncenter in Syracuse, New York, USA

17.03.2014 St. Patrick's Showdown: Sheamus defeats Titus O'Neil (4:07)

WWE Monday Night RAW #1086 - TV-Show @ AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas, USA

17.03.2013 John Cena, Ryback & Sheamus defeat The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins) by DQ

WWE RAW House Show - House Show @ Broome County Veterans Arena in Binghamton, New York, USA

17.03.2006 IWW International Heavyweight Title: Sheamus O'Shaunessy (c) defeats Vampiro (24:33)

IWW Gym Wars #9 - Event @ IWW Training Gym in Baldoyle, Ireland

So who really knows

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, and depending on who you talk to, Bray Wyatt may or may not have walked out on WWE due to 'creative differences.'  

I'd guess he wanted to 'create' more money in his bank without wrestling and the WWE felt 'differently.'

Meltzer and Alvarez talked about the long-term plan for Bray back when he came back.  It sounded horrible.  And pretentious,   All of his puppets taking human avatars.  Sister Abigail being reincarnated as someone on the women’s roster.  All the various Bray characters having a bleeping wrestling match to fight the age-old war between good and evil and decide the future of humanity   Lol.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Meltzer and Alvarez talked about the long-term plan for Bray back when he came back.  It sounded horrible.  And pretentious,   All of his puppets taking human avatars.  Sister Abigail being reincarnated as someone on the women’s roster.  All the various Bray characters having a bleeping wrestling match to fight the age-old war between good and evil and decide the future of humanity   Lol.

The long term plan was supposedly Wyatt’s idea wasn’t it? That Grayson Waller, Joe Gacy, Cameron Grimes, and Liv Morgan would be apart of it? I remember Waller was supposedly going to be Mercy the Buzzard, and obviously with that scenario Liv would be Sister Abigail (which they’d started hinting at with her “I love pain” gimmick). I’m assuming Gacy was going to be Huskus The Pig too. 

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

The long term plan was supposedly Wyatt’s idea wasn’t it? That Grayson Waller, Joe Gacy, Cameron Grimes, and Liv Morgan would be apart of it? I remember Waller was supposedly going to be Mercy the Buzzard, and obviously with that scenario Liv would be Sister Abigail (which they’d started hinting at with her “I love pain” gimmick). I’m assuming Gacy was going to be Huskus The Pig too. 

Where was all this discussed?  I'd like to hear it (or read it).  Are you saying that Wyatt had a plan and WWE said "fuck that" ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Where was all this discussed?  I'd like to hear it (or read it).  Are you saying that Wyatt had a plan and WWE said "fuck that" ? 

Not before they dragged Alexa back into it after rehabing her character away from the last time Bray did his spooky shit. 

• Sad 1

Things that ruled tonight:

1) “All my friends had Mercedes… and you only got me a BMW… and it wasn’t an M-Class.”

2) Solo placing a table back under the ring right before the match break to get heel heat. Inspired work. 

3) The awesome camera work with KO getting kicked by The Usos. They set that up right when the match began with KO’s walk up to pay off later. Great great great blocking.

Fun show and WM is shaping up real nice. It’s all really well organized and plots are moving along everywhere.

• Like 2

Johnny Gargano is beating on Dominik!  Gargano and Dom go all lucha on the mat.  Damien Priest wants a piece of Dexter Lumis.  Lumis' tattoos make him look like  Plymouth with mismatches quarter panels.  Priest Snake Eyes Gargano to become out face in peril but Gargano gets some stuff in before we go to commercial and return to Gargano receiving an ass beating.  Priest and Dominik look all dynamic and shit on offense.  Gargano sells all wiggly.  Dominik is a HEAT MACHINE.  DExter Lumis makes the hot tag and hits two very nice Spinebusters.  He then goes all Rick Steiner with the Bulldog.  Candace LeRae keeps Dominik from CHEATING to WIN!  Rhea CRUSHES Candace on the guardrail!  Lumis confronts Rhea and Priest destroys Lumis with a Lariat on the floor.  Dominik with a Love Machine Splash but Gargano makes the save!  Gargano topes to Priest through the announce table!  Dominik dropkicks Gargano through the ropes!  Lumis applies his submission but Priest secretly tags Dominik and Chokeslams Lumis for the win.  That was good.  It's Cody Rhodes!  It's LA Knight!  They do some lowgrade wrestling.  Nice Superplex by Knight.  Dustin-esque Powerslam!  Cody Cutter!  Cross Rhodes!  That was good.  Elias and Bronson Reed WRESTLE!  Reed does that fun steamroller thing.  Elias gets in a knee!  Good Elbow drop by Reed.  SWEET Powerslam by Reed.  Tsunami for the win!  SQUASHISH!  Angelo Dawkins goes for the title against Austin Theory!  Dawkins goes COMPLETE  BattlARTS to start!  Dawkins looks great in this.  Austin with an almost Bulldog Choke!  Dawkins punches Austin in the face!  Austin drags Dawkins out of the ring into the bafficade!  GREAT fucking EXPLOIDER by Dawkins!  Angelo Dawkins looks great in this.  Austin is great at leaning into Dawkins offense.  Theory hits his finisher and wins!  That was good.  Dominik comes out and is hated by a lot of people!  I love the King Arthur and Mordred dynamic.  I await the "EMBRACE ME, FATHER!" moment.  Seth Rollins and Baron Corbin wrestle a wrestling match!  Rollins Topes Corbin into the announce table.  Rollins steps on the Miz to stomp Corbin!  Not a real match!  But it was fine.  Bianca Belair takes on Chelsea Green!  Chelsea Green is wearing a giant hat!  Carmella CHEATS at ringside!  Chelsea gets in some stuff. NICE Brainbuster by Belair.  Nice Burning Hammer by Belair for the win.  Kevin Owens and Solo Sikoa have a street fight!  THIS is fun!  They are lying it in!  NICE Samoan Drop!  Sikoa putting the table back under the ring is such a great heel move.  GREAT spot where Owens flies off the top through six chairs.  Usos ambush Owens as they go backstage!  SAMOAN SPIKE!  Sikoa wins!  That was good.  That was good episode.

• Like 4

Some feuds are very well built but I think a couple of the feuds are ice cold.  

- Asuka vs. Bianca has hypothermia. I say that as someone who adores both performers.  Just turn Asuka full heel already and let's go. 

- Charlotte vs. Rhea feels like two heels going at it

I think the Damage CTRL and Becky/Trish/Lita feud actually had more heat than either women's title feud.  The beatdown on Trish was good.. 

Brock vs. Omos was interesting because we never see Brock back off like that. Brock got thrown over the top and was like "alright, I can't do this today." That was an interesting twist on his character. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

Priest/Dom vs. Johnny/Lumis built into a pretty nice match. 

What I caught of Cody/Knight was solid. Thought Cody's post match promo was good.

Bronson/Elias was a decent squash.

Theory/Dawkins was solid. Dug Theory being an extra dick and doing the Cena taunt post match. Really hope they have Ford beat him for the US belt before Wrestlemania. 

Poor Corbin was squashed by Rollins. I actually have been enjoying Corbin's segments building to these ass whoopings. The man actually does built up pity well only to make you want to tell him to go fuck himself again by the end each time. 

Bianca/Green was decent enough if a bit off at times.

Solo/KO was fun. The chair spot was brutal. The finish was kind of flat. It wasn't bad, but I was expecting more of an attempt to murder KO either for the finish of the match or post match.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think the Damage CTRL and Becky/Trish/Lita feud actually had more heat than either women's title feud.  The beatdown on Trish was good.. 

Honestly, that feud was even more dead than Asuka/Bianca until Trish and Lita got involved. Charlotte/Rhea has surprisingly been getting decent reactions though i suspect still less than what it would have been had they just done the more sensible Rhea/Bianca feud people wanted. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'd have preferred Bianca Belair vs. Rhea Ripley to Bianca Belair vs. Asuka.

Who would you pair with Charlotte then? I like the matches they gave us, because Bianca vs Asuka is less predictable than Rhea vs Bianca too (Rhea would obviously win). 

My biggest issue with both women’s title matches is it feels like neither are anywhere near main event worthy, and none of the four have any real momentum. Asuka hasn’t wrestled recently, Rhea has beat Liv (once), and Charlotte and Bianca are beating jobbers of the week. Which is fine if you’re telling a good story (Roman vs Cody comes to mind), but neither match has a strong storyline (despite Rhea getting screwed out of the NXT title before). 

Or it could be I’m just over the stupid Judgment Day crap that seems to be making Rhea into Chyna 2.0 (no thank you).

LA Knight breaking through at age 40 is absolute quality. Really, really fun character work. Hope he gets a rocket of a run at some point; not entirely dissimilar to how Acclaimed were slept on for far too long despite audience reactions.

Dave now saying Bray will be back for WM. Darn. I kind of feel at this point that he's at the bottom of the list of people like Warrior and Chyna in that he's not only difficult to deal with as a co-worker/employee he's also excruciating to watch as a fan unless you're part of an extremely radicalized subset. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1