DVDVR Message Board

BBC Sports Personality 2013

The Natural

The shortlist of ten to be announced tonight. Thinking its between Andy Murray, Mo Farah, Tony McCoy and Chris Froome to win it.

Top ten attempt:

Andy Murray

Mo Farah

Tony McCoy

Chris Froome

Christine Ohuruogu

Carl Froch

Ben Ainslee

Laura Trott

Justin Rose

Ian Bell.

Love to see Bradford City get a nomination for Team of the Year but I doubt it.

If I cared enough to vote I'd vote for Froome, because as a sporting achievement, winning the Tour is an utterly fantastic achievement for a British rider. Although compared to the last 2 winners he's got no personality what so ever. He's also finished as the Velo d'Or winner, which is basically rider with the best results across the year, accumulated the most CQ points & won more stages than any non-sprinter across the 2013 season. Only Sagan, Cav & Kittel won more.

Plus road racing cycling is ace & needs more publicity in this country to keep growing.

Wonder if froch 's fight. From the weekend might keep him off the list.

I'm guessing the shortlist is done in advance. If it is and Forch gets on, I do think the fight might have an influence on voting.

If I cared enough to vote I'd vote for Froome, because as a sporting achievement, winning the Tour is an utterly fantastic achievement for a British rider. Although compared to the last 2 winners he's got no personality what so ever. He's also finished as the Velo d'Or winner, which is basically rider with the best results across the year, accumulated the most CQ points & won more stages than any non-sprinter across the 2013 season. Only Sagan, Cav & Kittel won more.

Plus road racing cycling is ace & needs more publicity in this country to keep growing.

Sir. Chris Hoy (know he's on track), Mark Cavendish and Sir. Bradley Wiggins are recent winners so Froome could join them.

Edited by The Natural

• 3 weeks later...