DVDVR Message Board

2023 NCAAB - Madness~

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

And the overall #1 is down to San Diego State.  Yes we actually could see Princeton vs SDSU for a final 4 spot 🙂

Awwww Bama got knocked out...

*Seinfeld That's A Shame meme*

One of Florida Atlantic, Creighton and San Diego State will be playing for the natty next Monday. That's madness.

Meanwhile, in women's madness:

It's also the first time they've missed the Final Four since 2007. Unreal.

7 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

would a Miami vs FAU national title game move FAU ahead of Florida International for "South Florida schools that want to be Miami's local rival"? (keeping in mind that USF is not located in South Florida)

Yeah, I never got USF trying to pass off Tampa as "South Florida."

I imagine FAU's admissions are going to skyrocket now. Has Florida International ever had that kind of bump?

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Yeah, I never got USF trying to pass off Tampa as "South Florida."

I imagine FAU's admissions are going to skyrocket now. Has Florida International ever had that kind of bump?

I don't think FIU has ever done anything close to what FAU is doing now. FIU's big claim is beating a shitty UM team led by Manny Diaz in 2019 and starting the infamous brawl with us in 2006 that led to Lamar Thomas getting fired from his commentating job for saying, "I'd like to go down there and get in that thing!"

The biggest problem in college basketball is the officiating and until you get officials who stop acting like they're God over 20 year olds, you'll keep getting a product that's not as good as it could be.

Anyways, Florida Atlantic vs Sominex State University for a spot in the national title game. Can't imagine how low a shooting percentage that's gonna be in a dome.

San Diego State, UConn, Florida Atlantic, and Miami, just like everyone predicted.

(Seriously though, FAU's run is real evidence that the committee should've paid more attention to Kenpom and their own net rating system, that said C-USA was really good this year and that FAU probably should've been a 3 or 4 seed. C-USA has two teams in the NIT final four, and even had the winner of the CBI. Probably should've gotten at least one at large berth to go with FAU deserving to be higher.)

45 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

excited for the NCAA to use their own tournament blindspots to justify expanding the tournament to give out 20 more at-larges to major conferences and a few extra at-larges to CUSA/MW/etc

On one hand, four C-USA teams finished in the top 50 of Kenpom this year, and only the conference tourny champ got a bid.

On the other, all four of them are leaving C-USA for the AAC because of the Big XII raiding the AAC to replace Texas and Oklahoma.

Meanwhile, in other tournament action (not that tournament... or that one... or that one or even that one...)

There might be more folks at this one game than Columbia have drawn all season. 😮

• Like 2

I did tonight what I may never do again: actually signed up for streaming service (that is, signing up today instead of later next week) so I can watch Iowa/SC.  It hasn't disappointed so far.  But it's kinda strange watching women's CBB; it's just so different to hear announcers talk about someone being important offensively and their shooting % is in the low 40s.  Whereas Iowa seems to be a team that's built with the understanding that shooting from deep breaks all the rules.