DVDVR Message Board

POLL 3/4-3/10/2023- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? Hmmmm

DEAN

WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Athena vs Willow Nightingale- ROH
    • Mark Billington/ Thomas Billington vs Mr Thomas/ Byron Reed- MLW
    • Timothy Thatcher vs Wheeler Yuta- ROH
    • Trish Adora vs Billie Starkz- ROH
    • Rhett Titus/ Tracy Williams vs Mark Davis/ Kyle Fletcher- ROH
    • Charlotte Flair vs Shotzi- SMACKDOWN
    • The Viking Raiders vs Ricochet/ Brawn Strowman- SMACKDOWN
    • Damien Priest/ Dominik/ Finn Balor vs Santos Escobar/ Cruz Del Toro/ Joaquin Wilde- SMACKDOWN
    • Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre vs Karrion Kross vs LA Knight vs Xavier Woods- SMACKDOWN
    • Mickie James vs Gisele Shaw- IMPACT!
    • Jonathan Gresham vs KUSHIDA- IMPACT!
    • Eddie Kingston vs Jay White- New Japan on AXS
    • Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi- New Japan on AXS
    • Ruby Soho vs Skye Blue- DYNAMITE
    • Konosuke Takeshita vs Preston Vance- RAMPAGE
    • Sammy Guevara vs Action Andretti- RAMPAGE
    • Nyla Rose vs Riho- RAMPAGE
    • Mark Briscoe/ Penta El Zero Miedo/ Rey Fenix vs Isiah Kassidy/ Lee Moriarty/ Matt Hardy- AEW DARK
    • Clark Connors vs Danny Limelight- CWFH
    • Tony Nese/ Josh Woods/ Ari Daivari vs Mark Briscoe/ Penta El Zero Miedo/ Rey Fenix- AEW Zero Hour
    • Lee Johnson vs Evil Uno- AEW Elevation
    • Carmella vs Bianca Belair- RAW
    • Kevin Owens vs Solo Sikoa- RAW
    • Finn Balor vs Johnny Gargano- RAW
    • Sami Zayn vs Jimmy Uso- RAW
    • Rionne Fujiwara/ Kaz Hayashi vs Tatsuaki Nakano/ Daichi Hashimoto- GLEAT
    • Konosuke Takeshita vs Jack Cartwheel- AEW DARK
    • Bad Dude Tito vs Brian Cage- AEW DARK
    • Jinder Mahal/ Sanga/ Veer vs Julius Creed/ Brutus Creed/ Bron Breakker- NXT
    • Roxanne Perez vs Meiko Satomura- NXT
    • Gigi Dolin vs Jacy Jayne- NXT
    • Tony D'Angelo vs Dijak- NXT
    • Averno/ Mistico vs Soberano Jr/ Templario- CMLL
    • Trish Adora vs Missa Kate- Women's Wrestling Army
    • John Silver/ Alex Reynolds vs Claudio Castagnoli/ Jon Moxley- DYNAMITE
    • Powerhouse Hobbs vs Wardlow- DYNAMITE
    • Orange Cassidy vs Jay Lethal- DYNAMITE
    • AR Fox/ Dante Martin/ Darius Martin vs Chris Jericho/ Daniel Garcia/ Sammy Guevara- DYNAMITE
    • Dulce Gardenia/ Espiritu Negro/ Rey Cometa vs Cancerbero/ Luciferno/ Virus- CMLL
    • Esfinge/ Panterita del Ring Jr/ Soberano Jr vs El Barbaro Cavernario/ Oraculo/ Rocky Romero- CMLL

Fuck it!  I AM WILD!  I'm adding in the ROH stuff because it's just too fucking good to leave out.  THUS I get to vote for ATHENA versus Willow Nightingale because it was POSSIBLY the perfect wrestling match in my eyes.  If I had to vote for a WWE match, I'd prolly go with the Viking Raiders vs Ricochet/Brawn Strowman.  It's amazing how Strowman will sell his way into your heart and THEN like tonight BUMP his way into your heart. OH YEAH!  MEIKO SATOMURA vs ROXANNE PEREZ!   The best Japanese match was prolly Eddie Kingston vs Jay White, which edge out Daichi Hashimoto showing up in GLEAT.  Loads of good Lucha Libre as it is just a steady stream of good wrestling coming out of CMLL.  AAA was all four ways and, man, I hate those matches though I should have probably added one for kicks.  The best AEW match is probably Jay Lethal vs Orange Cassidy as we cannot go a week without Cassidy winning, placing or showing.  There was also two oddly satisfying Takeshita matches against Jack Cartwheel and Preston Vance.  The best fringe match was between Danny Limelight vs Clark Conors and Trish Adora vs Missa Kate (which was NEARLY as good as the thoroughly bad ass Adora vs Billie Starkz match from ROH).  IMPACT!  knocked it out of the park with Jonathan Gresham versus KUSHIDA.   That was quite a week of wrestling.

CUT LIST: Ryan Nemeth vs AR Fox- AEW Dark;  Faces of Destiny vs Drunken Express- IWA-PR; El Coyote/ Okumura/ Polvora vs Los Cancerberos del Infierno (Cancerbero/ Luciferno/ Virus)- CMLL; Jacob Fatu vs Lio Rush- MLW;  JD Drake/ Anthony Henry vs Max Caster/ Anthony Bowen- AEW DARK;  Daniel Garcia vs Aaron Solo- AEW DARK

Trish/Starkz was perfectly fine but nothing standout. Yuta/Thatcher was solid. Aussie Open vs. Titus/Williams was good. Only seen the former in house show style matches so it was nice to see them in something bigger. Never seen the latter before. They look like enhancement talent but were pretty good and matched well with the Aussies. Athena/Willow was good. Nice to see Athena embracing her inner dickishness and just be a mean bitch to her opponents. Willow has great bursts of fire and general bubbly energy so these two were a perfect match for each other.

Raw was mostly solid with KO/Solo being the standout.

NXT treated the night like a Takeover/PLE meaning we got some pretty darn good matches in Dijak/Tony D, Bron/Creed vs. Indus Sher, and Roxanne/Meiko. Dijak/Tony was a good brawl with a nice feel of hatred shown. The 6-man tag had some of the hoss feel you hope for alongside some general wildness. Loved the story Roxanne trying to climb the mountain that is Meiko Satomura. Meiko was just of a different class, and I loved how hard Roxanne had to work to keep up.

Missed the recording of Dynamite. I had a chance to get some of it later on, but would have still missed the match that interested me most in OC so i didn't bother. 

Viking Raiders vs. Braun/Ricochet, and LDF vs. Judgement Day were the standouts of Smackdown. Both were so darn good. Ricochet and Braun continue to be a way better team than it feels like they should be. 

Riho/Nyla was solid fun.

Eddie/White was good. White was a wonderful dick, and Eddie beat his ass wonderfully in turn whenever he had the chance. Tanahashi/Okada was nice as well.

Plenty of nice matches all around so far. Still need to catch CMLL, but i suspect I will end up voting for one of the NXT Roadblock matches in the end. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I voted for Athena Vs Willow Nightengale as it was an awesome match with 2 great wrestlers and Athena is becoming wrestler of the year in my opinion. She is such a bad ass and I always enjoy her matches.

• Like 1

I'm probably going Satomura/Perez (even with the gross injury angle) but got to catch the OC and Kingston matches first. Unfortunately I don't have Honor Club. I'm probably gonna have to get Honor Club, aren't I? Isn't is just $10 a month?

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm probably going Satomura/Perez (even with the gross injury angle) but got to catch the OC and Kingston matches first. Unfortunately I don't have Honor Club. I'm probably gonna have to get Honor Club, aren't I? Isn't is just $10 a month?

Looks like it.  It's 10 dollars.  It's too good.

• Like 1

Ended up going with Athena vs Willow after watching Meiko vs Rok-C. That's not a knock on the latter, but Athena and Willow are made to wrestle each other. There's not much better than a natural heel and a natural babyface beatin' the breaks off of one another. 

• Like 1

Dug the CMLL tags. All three were rather fun though the Virus tag was standout for me., particularly the final fall. 

Athena/Willow will win. Honestly it wasn't a top 5 for me, but I can't blame people because the two lean into each other so naturally along with the match being well done. Its nice to see a such a rivalry forming. If TK is smart they will get a big rematch on a PPV before the year is over.

Voted for Roxanne/Meiko in the end. Thought it had the best story, was different from the norm, and was well executed. I seriously want a rubber match on a bigger stage.

• Like 1

• DEAN unpinned this topic