DVDVR Message Board

WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC 2023

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Trae Turner's gonna get a Fox Nation show by the end of the WBC

Billy Corgan is going to make Tyrus drop the NWA World Heavyweight title to Trae and become Sean Hannity’s favorite wrestler/baseball player.

edit: “viva Cuba libre” chants were momentarily heard on the Cuban Radio Rebelde feed. 

Edited by cubbymark

if I had heard that they cut the feed midgame, I wouldn't have been completely surprised. But I guess cutting it off would have been noticed. I'm guessing the official response is gonna be some variation of Terry Funk saying that it's unfair to face Lawler in front of fans in Memphis.

There's an election next Sunday in Cuba, but with every candidate unopposed, so it's not really an election. No word on how many of the incoming legislators could throw a pitch past Trea Turner.

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

There's an election next Sunday in Cuba, but with every candidate unopposed, so it's not really an election. No word on how many of the incoming legislators could throw a pitch past Trea Turner.

Maybe not past him, but there’s some that might want to hit him with a baseball instead. Or forced to have the opinion they need to throw a baseball at Trae.

I think the unofficial count I read on Twitter was three fans for the entire game. All in all, it probably went smoothly and maybe someday there'll be an MLB All-Stars/Cuba game in Havana but that's probably not happening without some huge changes.

Anyways... Japan vs Mexico is the WBC matchup with the highest percentage of fans familiar with Lucha Libre masks