DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 3/8/2023

The Natural

Though I'm looking forward to Hobbs/Wardlow the most (we have the meats!) It's probably too early for Wardlow to drop the title, so the finish is a bit of a foregone conclusion unless TK is gonna get weird with it. My not so bold prediction is that OC/Lethal steal the show, and people act surprised later. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jay pick up the victory here in order to transition the AA title to someone like Jungle Boy or Ricky Starks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Though I'm looking forward to Hobbs/Wardlow the most (we have the meats!) It's probably too early for Wardlow to drop the title, so the finish is a bit of a foregone conclusion unless TK is gonna get weird with it. My not so bold prediction is that OC/Lethal steal the show, and people act surprised later. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jay pick up the victory here in order to transition the AA title to someone like Jungle Boy or Ricky Starks

Re: Wardy/Willy
I sense they could move things along fairly well with a somewhat rare draw. I'm into setting up a rematch. It'll be interesting to see/hear the heel/face dynamic. 

Re: OC/Lethal
Yeah, every week there's a little shock and awe surrounding OC complete with the reporting poster's 'was hater/now a fan' transformation story. Maybe this week it'll be a little of that same shock and awe over Lethal. He's clearly so underrated and certainly due for a surge of fandom for his high level consistency. 

I'm also hotly anticpating Mox/Claudio v Silver/Reynolds and the potentially excellent Top Fox-JAS trios battle. Dax the Axe made mention that FTR will also be on the show. I predict thrills will be had. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Promo of the year from TK 

I knew it was a bad idea to try this game I invented "Drink every time someone says 'leveling up' or 'Shazam!'" tonight. Work tomorrow is gonna be rough.

Edited by GodzillaPerez
  • Haha 4

JEFFERSON STARSHIP!  Jay Lethal!  The RUBBER MATCH!  Cassidy is doing a variation on the Wheeler Yuta match.  Jay Lethal is fucking great.  Lethal with the Dragonscrew!  Lethal works the knee!  Lethal drives the knee into the RINGPOST!  In picture in picture, Lethal keeps on breaking Cassidy's knee!  OC sells the knee after getting in  Brainbuster! OC hits a Rolling DDT but his knee still hurts!  FIGURE FOUR by Lethal! LEthal is awesome.  Cutter FOR TWO!  Lethal is subtly selling the shoulder and it pays off on the Lethal Injection where Lethal collapses!  ORANGE PUNCH for the win!  JEFF JARRETT SNEAKS UP AND HITS CASSIDY IN THE KNEE WITH HIS GEETAR!  That was good.  Ricky Starks!  BULLET CLUB?  ROCK HARD!  Wasn't expecting THAT?  Well, that should be good.  RUBY IS ON FIRE!  Soho is SOOOO much more fun as a heel!  Skye Blue is really working the sympathetic babyface thing.  In picture in picture,  Ruby beats the crap out of Skye.  Skye is great at taking enough of an ass beating to get the crowd behind her.  Double BAKCDROP DRIVERS by Ruby!  Blue fires back!  FLYING CROSS BODY FOR TWO!  Soho with the Bladerunner.  POSTMATCH,  WILLOW NIGHTINGALE wants answers!   Soho kicks her in the head!  Storm and Saraya spray paint the babyfaces!  Khan goes total Bill Watts and our heels are STANDING TALL!  That was fucking great.  FTR is OVER all over the World!  Jade Cargill versus Lufisto?  Sammy Guevara, Daniel Garcia and Chris Jericho!  Why isn't Garcia wearing his shirt?  I agree with Satnam, that is a beautiful shirt.  AR Fox, Dante Martin and Darius Martin!  AR Fox gets the best of Jericho early!  Taz notes all the black leather in the match.  JAS is all about sports entertainment posing!  In picture in picture,  they beat the crap out of Dante Martin.  ALOT OF STUFF HAPPENS!  AR FOX hits a crazy inverted thingy!  CHEATING!  JUDAS EFFECT!  JAS calls out the HOUSE OF BLACK!  THE YOUNG BUCKS!  HOUSE OF BLACK!  The All Atlantic belt is becoming the International championship.  They should make it into the AEW Women's Tagteam belts.  AmDrag is going on vacation!  MOX will never go on vacation.  Speaking of MOX, he and Claudio beat the living dogshit out of John Silver and Alex Reynolds.  Since it's picture in picture, MOX throws a dude over a table.  Johnny Hungee is fun on the apron.  Claudio flies over the toprope but it doesn't affect him!  Silver makes the HOT TAG!  Hungee and MOX are fucking SOLID GOLD in the ring together.  Reynolds taps to a new thing!  Blackpool Combat Club try try try to turn heel!  Evil Uno IS Kendo Nagasaki!  HANGMAN!  Dark Order needs some more fire power to really feud with the Blackpool Combat Club.  Hobbs and Wardlow bust up a rent-a-car!  They wander around and finally make it to the ring.  THREE SPINEBUSTERS!  SWANTON THROUGH THE TABLE ON THE FLOOR!  WHAT THE FUCK!  QT Marshall with the CHAIRSHOT!  They throw Wardlow onto a giant mattress!  I guess the rematch will have a better finish.  Everything else up to it was pretty great.  AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Body part work in the opener capped off by a Jarrett guitar shot TO THE KNEE! Loved it. My MOTN.

Can't say I'm looking forward to Starks vs. Juice and Wardlow vs. QT feuds, but let's see where it goes, I guess?

• Like 6

All the things that AEW drops and never mentions again and they decide to pay off a throwaway line in a QT Marshall interview. Weird company.

This was a bad show but it set up a bunch of stuff that I do want to see: FTR/Gunns, heel BCC, Hobbs as champ, OC/JJ.

• Like 5

TK promo was a meme come to life. I love it but dude is out of control. 

There aren't many people in AEW who make me regularly fast forward/change the channel, but Juice and QT are certainly the first two who come to mind. That said, I will reserve judgment re their new roles until I see more. QT doing (presumably) more talking and less wrestling is letting him do more of the thing he's worse at of the two things he absolutely sucks at. 

FTR promo was great. Danielson prerecorded promo was great.

A JAS/Elite feud sounds like a good usage of both teams. Hopefully they have plans for Garcia to go babyface soon.

Orange vs Lethal was the third time around of something I didn't need to see even once but it was a good match.

Moxley and Yuta seem to have the heel thing down but there's something just too naturally likeable about Claudio that prevents me from buying it. I was hoping Kingston would make the save for Hangman and Dark Order, although I'm guessing he'll remain in the mix after Supercard of Honor and stick around for a very bloody Blood and Guts.

Speaking of natural likeability: Sky Blue and Willow as a babyface team is like maximum extreme level of natural likeability. If they become a regular team and add Stat to the mix when she's back you suddenly have a faction so endearing they make the Best Friends look like the Factory.

I mostly liked the show. As was already said, not the hottest action but some new storylines. I don't even like Jay White but they shouldn't teasing the Bullet Club thing unless he's going to be signing (more likely we'll be stuck with Finlay showing up and working Starks at Forbidden Door II or something). 

Edited by Belgian_Waffle
  • Like 3

I'll miss face Ruby but heel Ruby should be fun and I liked how they had her acknowledge the crowd's reactions as the reason for their turns. Wish she had been able to add that it was the crowd siding with the Mean Girls that made her life a living hell that ultimately sealed the deal. But with Rebel persona non grata, they appear to be scrubbing Britt and Jamie's sins clean lol Nice to see Willow in the mix 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I kind of thought using outside interference to put the title on Hobbs and set up Wardlow's next feud might be the way to go. But... QT Marshall???

My thoughts exactly. I’m basically the Jaguars Fan gif right now.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed Wardlow/Hobbs until the finish. I like QT, but Hobbs does NOT need him, and the 10-count KO finish in a falls count anywhere match felt weird. 

It was just an awful lot to protect a guy who couldn’t even cut a fired up promo on whoever legit broke into his car.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2