DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/6 - 3/12/2023

Dolfan in NYC

I think I’d be very interested in a Carmelo Hayes/Johnny Wrestling feud.

Gargano/Waller?  Not so much.  There’s a fair chance they’ll bring out each other’s worst tendencies.

Not a fan of the closing angle, but I’ll see where it goes before I form too much of an opinion.  None of the female heels seem like they have momentum right now, so I’m curious what they’re building for WM weekend.

Not really digging Jayne or Dollin as singles wrestlers,  Dollin especially seems to have taken a step backwards in terms of presentation.  The hair and makeup remind me less of Toxic Attraction and more of Raggedy Ann.  Neither one is a strong worker or promo and neither seems to me like they have much babyface charisma.  Feel like staying together would have been their best chance for a callup.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

11 hours ago, nofuture said:

The Roxanne stuff is a homage to the HBK/Owen Hart angle.  They were making a pretty big point in Roxanne saying she was training extra hard for the match.

Including Roxanne saying, "MY HEART HAS NEVER PUMPED THIS FAST BEFORE IN MY LIFE" or something equally foreshadowing.

If there were any doubts on if Bruce were at all involved in NXT, that closing angle has to seal it - dude has said repeatedly that “he’s/she’s injured, for real” storylines are on his Mount Rushmore of shitty booking.

If this were the 80’s and there were no warm heels on the roster, they’d bring in an outsider for Roxy to slay at the PPV. Like Kamille or something (which would kick ass).

22 hours ago, Dog said:

I fundamentally disagree with this. Storytelling is about the journey, not the destination. If you end up where you started, but felt something along the way, that's a good story.

You're a writer from the LOST tv series. Admit it. Caught you.

Tell Lindelof, I'll never forgive him.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Someone is going to do a Google search for Mr. Bungle and it's going to bring them to this thread.

I was going to make a snide comment about "Who the fuck would Google Mr. Bungle?", then I did and saw they went active again.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

You're a writer from the LOST tv series. Admit it. Caught you.

Tell Lindelof, I'll never forgive him.

Dang, there’s some kind of analogy here for sure. Roman/Ben runs an Island (of Relevancy), is good at brainwashing people, gets his hands dirty when necessary and has serious family issues going way back. Then some handsome guy with a God/savior complex, also with daddy issues, who loves his dog shows up. 

Sami is Hurley. KO is Sawyer.

Edited by For Great Justice

8 hours ago, StarChief EagleDemon said:

Any guesses on the next Shawn Michaels homage they're going to do? Maybe a bodyguard turning on their client angle ending with an out of control power bomb, a la Sid and Shawn in '95?

Wasn't this Azeez turning on Apollo?

9 hours ago, StarChief EagleDemon said:

Any guesses on the next Shawn Michaels homage they're going to do? Maybe a bodyguard turning on their client angle ending with an out of control power bomb, a la Sid and Shawn in '95?

Former champs blows all their money on bad investments and has to work off a debt to the millionaire heel. 

I am once again a low voter on an NXT that seems to be well-received.

Gargano's return fizzles thanks to the new mix of Rebel Heart.

Dolin doesn't meaningfully get an entrance, and starts a match that we're primed to view as emotionally significant for her with a collar-and-elbow. She wins - and I think the story was more pointing towards either a cheap Jacy win with a post-match beatdown by Dolin or something inconclusive.  

Bron and Melo set up what should be a grand collision between two high-level stars with a bland mutual-appreciation chat.  

Roxanne's collapse after the main was in poor taste, and I find that she still struggles on executing some of her signature moves. As an artistic choice it's not for me and if it isn't, it's something she should really be working to improve. In particular - she seemed to go for her floatover russian leg sweep two or three times before hitting it, but the move doesn't seem worth the trouble; the Pop Rox on the floor looked messily half-countered, and the kick preceding it seemed to be significantly slower than most of her other strikes... 

I dig the ongoing Bate / Chase U stuff; I like Axiom's preoccupation with his eyes, I thought Dijak and D'Angelo both came off quite well.  I'm not sold yet on Lyra, but I think they're setting up for her to lose by Stevie interference against Stratton before she gets into the title picture, and we'll get Meiko-Stratton (interim title? number one contender?). 

Unfortunate how Ivy seems to have been increasingly backgrounded these past months - Meiko pulled her to a really good match on one of the UK shows. 

It's a Sheamus/Drew McIntyre/LA Knight/Karrion Kross/ Xavier Woods five way!  It's a mini battle royal!  I hate these matches unless it's a ladder match with Konosuke Takeshita and Komander in it.  This is a lot of kicking in the corner.  Knight and Kross form a bond.  They beat on Drew.   This is a wreck.  Xavier Woods goes on a big offensive bonanza!  Toprope Elbow for two!  Nice Speder Suplex by Drew on Knight and Kross.  McIntyre vs GUNTHER would be good.  Sheamus murders Knight and Woods!  Sheamus beats on Woods and Kross like a drum!  And then Knight!  Sheamus and Drew both win!  Quite the goober of a finish!  Uh, Dominick, the WWE Hall of Fame is full of washed up old men.  La Legado del Fantasma and the Judgement Day have a six man match!  Legado does a zillion tags and beat the fuck out of Finn Balor!  Damien Priest tags in and he is awesome.  Priest hits a GREAT Decapitation!  Cruz Del Toro with the Spanish Fly!  Joaquin and Santos hit duelling topes!  REY REY accidentally distracts the ref and Damien kicks Cruz in the head and Dominik gets the win!  Dominik is channelling Eddie so he does have THAT.  Allright!  The Viking Raiders take on Brawn Strowman and Ricochet.  Ivar takes a shot at selling Ricochet's tricked out offense and he should be commended for giving it a shot.  Brawn Strowman throws EVERYBODY over the toprope to the floor!  I was hoping he would throw the ref.  Ricochet takes a deep beating by the Viking Raiders.  Bald Erik does a... Jawlock?  Ricochet lays it in!  Ivar steals a move for Emi Sakura, diving on Strowman into the barrier!  Ricochet and Bald Erik are GOLDEN in the ring together.  Strowman makes the hot tag and he is AWESOME going berzerk!  He flies into the announce table.  Ivar steals a move from Ricochet and CRUSHES Ricochet with a Splash from the top!  That was great.  SHOTZI HAS HER TANK!  Charlotte doesn't have a tank.  Shotzi is one up.  They wrestle a bit.  Rhea Ripley shows up.  Shotzi hits a toprope Frankensteiner for two!  Flair does her Figure Eight and it looks impressive!  That was a good episode.

• Like 4

The explanation/brawl to end the show was perfect professional wrestling. Good rationalization by Jey, who unsurprisingly knocks it out of the park with explaining why but with some degree of guilt, followed by Cody and Sami with one of the best “standing tall” brawls in memory. 

The 5-way was alright with some fun moments and the odd finish I should have seen coming.

Judgement Day vs. Legado Del Fantasma was good. Plenty of nice action and both teams gelled pretty well against each other. The post match with Dom and Rey was another lovely moment of heel assholism from Dom. The pop Rey got for simply dodging Dom was big and I loved Dom's pissed/embarrassed reaction. The crowd is going to go nuclear when Rey simply punches or even slaps Dom. I so can't wait to see it happen.

Viking Raiders vs. Braun/Ricochet was another good match with Ricochet doing a fine job as FIP and nice short hot tag segment from Braun before things came crashing down is a good way.

Charlotte/Shotzi was decent-solid even with the occasional focus on Rhea taking away a bit.

The final segment with the Usos,  Cody, and Sami was solid. Dug the brawl.

• Like 1

Yeah the ending segment was great. They seem to have successfully linked the Cody and Sami stories in a way that helps lend the fan support to Cody rather than hurt it. Hopefully they give us Usos vs Cody/Sami between now and WM, I am here for that shit. Sami vs Jey has the most heat on it than any WWE feud I can remember in a long time

Edited by Steventon
  • Like 2

What I also love as a possible cliffhanger: Jey is doing this for Jimmy. But he has not said a thing about doing it for Roman yet. That could be the next great plot twist as we get to Cody convincing KO to join with Sami (and they had a real subtle hint to that on Raw.)

I could not be more impressed as to how they organically fit Cody into this. I am not a Cody fan but they really made it a natural part of the unfolding story and not shoehorned in with people rejecting him for Sami. All of this is absolutely still incredible.

I know they won’t but man a Cody/Sami/KO vs. The Bloodline for all the belts would be fantastic. An ending where Sami pins Roman, only to give Cody the world belt while he gets the tag belt consolation prize would be such an awesome arc.

8 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I know they won’t but man a Cody/Sami/KO vs. The Bloodline for all the belts would be fantastic. An ending where Sami pins Roman, only to give Cody the world belt while he gets the tag belt consolation prize would be such an awesome arc.

If they did that then they’d have to make it whomever pins Roman wins his belts. Otherwise he looks like crap (being pinned for the first time in years, and losing the belt to a guy that didn’t even pin him), and Sami looks even worse than he did in Montreal. What incentive is there to beat Roman if you don’t win his belts? 

• Like 1

I've been saying it for weeks now but last night's promo really seemed to solidify the direction...   Jey Uso has got some plans for Roman.  That's how I continue to see it.  Good ending segment and everything Jey said made perfect sense.  Did he want to fuck Sami up? Not really but he's never going to turn his back on his twin. 

• Like 1