DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/6 - 3/12/2023

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Roman said pretty clearly that "if Jey isn't back with The Bloodline this Friday, I'm blaming Jimmy..."

They emphasized that last night.  Heyman said a couple times that Jimmy had until Friday to get Jey back in the fold or Roman would take it out on him (Jimmy).

Obviously things might be different. But The Usos without the belts now in a world where Roman does not have the World Title but does have the loyalty of Solo leads to another interesting part of the story they can do after WM.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mario said:

They emphasized that last night.  Heyman said a couple times that Jimmy had until Friday to get Jey back in the fold or Roman would take it out on him (Jimmy).

Plus, just because he chose Jimmy over Sami doesn't mean he's chosen "The Bloodline" (Roman) too.  That story is still outstanding, and should be addressed on Friday.

I'm still 99% sure that Sami and (*insert obvious partner here*) take the tag belts at Mania.  With Roman *maybe* retaining the next night.   One thing that's been made clear though, Jey is the one who's going to drive the final nail into The Bloodline.  No one else can.  

• Like 2

Notice how they've booked Solo as well.   Has not been pinned or submitted on the main roster. Never backs down. Even last night, Solo doesn't leave the ring when Cody runs down. The Usos tell him something to the effect of let's do it another time.  Solo is being primed for a big run here.  

I'm betting that Jey still turns on Roman and that is at the result of Sami Zayn because it didn't click for Jey to stand up to Roman UNTIL he saw Sami stand up to Roman. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, EVA said:

Bungling Sami in act 3 ...

Going from undercard joke gimmick putting over 50 year old celebs to major player in the company's A program in under 12 months.

Everyone wishes they could be so bungled.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Jey choosing Sami Zayn over his own brother would be beyond stupid Lol...   Now.. Jey turning on Roman at some point, yeah sure..   that should happen 

Fans doing fantasy booking and then not getting what they fantasy booked is not bad writing. 

Fans cheering for something to happen because they’re emotionally invested in it now equals “fantasy booking” lol.

Thinking back to 100,00* people in the Silver Dome fantasy booking Hogan to slam Andre…

8 hours ago, EVA said:

I love how The Greatest Storyline Ever has not only bungled the outcome that fans wanted to see the most (Sami beating Roman), but has now also bungled the outcome that fans wanted to see the second most (Jey choosing Sami over Roman), and is now cruising towards the outcome that fans seem to care the least about (Sami and Kevin reuniting for the dozenth time to win the meaningless tag titles while nothing about the Bloodline changes).

Masterful.

I think alot of the effectiveness of last night's angle was that we've been trained for turns like this to happen on the PPVs instead of a random Raw. And if it was to happen on a Raw under Vince McMahon it would be very telegraphed. Hunter helping Kevin Owens win the Universal title was one of the few turns in recent memory that you didn't see coming and even that was a result of Fin Balor having to drop the Title.

We all knew Jey was going to eventually turn on Sami but since in didn't happen at the Chamber, we didn't know when . Add to the point Jey managed to be almost as strong of a Babyface as Sami up to the turn. 

Unless Jey was going to be a serious challenger to Roman while he's still Champ then it wouldn't make sense for him to not be aligned with his brother. 

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Going from undercard joke gimmick putting over 50 year old celebs to major player in the company's A program in under 12 months.

Everyone wishes they could be so bungled.

This is not the dunk you think it is. Where have I said the first two acts weren’t good? Like, May to the Rumble/EC was great for him. Where am I saying otherwise? That’s why he’s in the position for the bungling of the past month to be so dispiriting.

We’ll #SeeWhereItGoes, but let’s check back on where Sami (and the show in general) is at in a few months, once the damage from the bungling has had time to settle in.

Edited by EVA

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Obviously things might be different. But The Usos without the belts now in a world where Roman does not have the World Title but does have the loyalty of Solo leads to another interesting part of the story they can do after WM.

They have the chance to do the nWo-post-Sting-victory story right: dissension, backstabbing, and blame cause the heel group to blow up. 

• Like 1

So am I the only one who remembers it being reported, like, a year or two ago, that Roman and the Uso’s had made it clear backstage that they’re not interested in being booked against each other anymore? I remember that being a thing.

Man this all seems to boil down to the whole Sami Zayn and Cody Rhodes argument again and Cody continued to get cheered and continues to be over despite what many online said would be a "Daniel Bryan situation" ..    I can see some people being disappointed that it's not Sami,  but the whole story has been to built to Sami and Owens teaming up dating back months and months ago.. 

I can't shit on WWE writers for hot shotting angles and shit and then when they book something a year out.. shit on them because they didn't call an audible and to be honest, they did call an audible. I doubt Sami vs. Roman happens in Montreal if Vince is booking.  But the bottom line is they were never going to place Sami above Cody in the pecking order and I haven't seen an argument yet for why they should have. 

Defeating Roman/fracturing The Bloodline and winning the world title can be mutually exclusive. I realize it's WWE and there's not a lot of expectation for nuance and such, but this angle has a lot going on with it beyond Sami vying for the title. You've got Sami integrating himself, realizing the organization is toxic, trying to get his surrogate brother Jey to realize this and turn away, where Jey's loyalties like (if he wants to be loyal to his twin but also realize Roman is an asshole), knocking Roman off his pedestal, etc. Saying Sami's story (which I doubt was ever intended to be this high profile until he got himself over) has been bungled just because he lost a world title match is a bit short sighted.

We're saying it's bungled because Sami, KO and the Usos are in a (admittedly hot, but let's not pretend that's the norm for tag stuff) tag team championships story, when it could be a lot more than that. At most it just contributes to the story of the Bloodline being dethroned all in one swoop at WrestleMania.

Hasn't Jimmy been loyal this whole time to Roman? Why can't Jey convince him to come around to the light while Jey is a babyface? I don't think he needs to spend weeks after the Royal Rumble doing a "will he or won't he" story, only to come back into the fold (and turn the fans in the process because it was against a superhot Sami Zayn) only to take them down from the inside or some shit. For the story it makes sense, and maybe it gets a big reaction, but maybe it doesn't since Jey turned on someone the fans (maybe) love more.

I'd be much more on board if 'Mania was Sami, KO & Jey versus Jimmy, Solo and someone else, I don't know who. Fuck over MLW some more and get Jacob Fatu on short notice. Hell, run Sami/KO/Jey vs Roman/Jimmy/Solo on Night 1, with Roman defending on Night 2 against Cody and that's where Jimmy finally realizes or something. I don't know, now I'm getting into fantasy booking a product and story that I'm not overly familiar with.

Someone drop the link for that mega playlist of the Bloodline stuff. I've got some time tonight.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I can't shit on WWE writers for hot shotting angles and shit and then when they book something a year out.. shit on them because they didn't call an audible and to be honest, they did call an audible. I doubt Sami vs. Roman happens in Montreal if Vince is booking.  But the bottom line is they were never going to place Sami above Cody in the pecking order and I haven't seen an argument yet for why they should have. 

Even Jey feuding with Roman came about because Jimwillmy was out for several months. You think they would have took the chance with either of the Usos headlining PLEs against Roman without either of them being hurt. Them even becoming a faction was something they talked about for a while but it wasn't until Roman came back after the Pandemic and he basically got the Hogan treatment with Vince as far as having the full creative freedom in everything he does.  Alot of the best stuff has fell on their lap with the Bloodline. 

Tony D'Angelo in a Jailhouse Match!  Dijak is his opponent!  He is in black and white!  D'Angelo goes Steiner on the floor to counter Dijak with the nightstick!  Stacks is taking a fabulous beating.  Dijak beats D'Angelo with chairs!  D'Angelo hits Dijak with chairs!  GREAT Superplex by D'Angelo where Dijak makes a total 360 to land on his face!  In picture in picture, Dijak whips out the table.  This is good!  GREAT Springboard through the table onto D;Angelo!  Stacks is taken hostage and then takes even MORE of a beating!  D'Angelo gets in a very violent flurry!  LOWBLOW by Dijak!  Stacks throws himself against the door after Dijak had D'Angelo DEAD TO RITES!  Stacks Throws D'Angelo a crowbar and Dijak takes a good crowbarring and that gets Dijak into the shark cage for the win!  That was fun.  Pretty Deadly are awesome.  Elton is wearing the greatest shoes in the history of wrestling.  HEY! It's DRAGON LEE!  Jinder Mahal, Sanga and Veer take on Bron Breakker, Julius Creed and Brutus Creed!  Indus Sher should be moved up to be part of the Viking Raiders/Brawling Brutes/Imperium axis.  They are great brawlers.  They go to an actual tag match.  Brutus hits a nice suplex on Jinder Mahal.  GREAT crisscrossing Triple Tope Con Hilo by the Disciples of Steiner!  In picture in picture, Indus Sher beat on Julius Creed!  GREAT deadlift of Sanga by Brutus!  Something goes horribly wrong but it's LIVE TV!  BUTTERBALL DOOMSDAY DEVICE by the Creeds!  That was good because it went to the edge of completely falling apart to reeling it in!  Gigi Dolin takes on Jacy Jayne.  This is STIFF!  Gigi with the Kawada Kicks!  Jacy gets in some goodlookin' offense on the tiny screen.  Jacy is good on offense and Gigi is GREAT at selling.  Gigi is a great babyface and she hits a neat variation on Suzu Suzuki's Tequila Shot.  Postmatch, Jacy gets her heat back!  Joe Gacy versus Andre Chase!  Gacy is awesome.  Thea isn't afraid!  Gacy CRUSHES Chase with Lariat and that's that!  Meiko Satomura!  Roxanne Perez!  They start in picture in picture and Roxanne PErez is great fighting from getting eaten up by Satomura.  Satomura opts to destroy Perez' knee.  Satomura kicks her RIGHT IN THE THROAT!  Nice Dragonscrew by Perez!  Tope by Perez!  GREAT Dangerous Backdrop by Satomura.  Death Valley Driver into her finisher kick!  FOR TWO!  They do some stuff on the outside!  Roxanne with a Roll-up for the WIN!  That was fucking great.  POSTMATCH, they stretcher Roxanne out.   That was a great little wrestling show.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, nofuture said:

The Roxanne stuff is a homage to the HBK/Owen Hart angle.  They were making a pretty big point in Roxanne saying she was training extra hard for the match.

I don't remember that shit at all.

That said, still, pretty tasteless. But I suppose it's a drop in the bucket for this company. Funny enough I just tried to watch a shoot interview with Shawn talking about it and turned it off because I could barely understand what they were saying, but one thing I did catch was him saying they had just started hearing about "concussion syndrome" and him not being the sharpest knife in the drawer. Well, redoing that would prove it. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Dijak/Tony was way better than expected with the two just beating the crap out of each other. Dug Stacks constantly either trying to save Tony or getting his ass beat just because Dijak is an asshole. It all came together well for the finish.

Bron/Ceeds vs. Indus Sheer was good and easily Indus Sher's best match. Plenty of fun brawling and solid tag action all around even with the occasional weaker points. 

The Waller/HBK segment went back a few minutes too long, but was generally solid. Kind of dig this leading back to Johnny/Waller. It feels damn near perfect after Waller went out of his way to shit on NXT. The only person that would have gotten a bigger pop than Gargano would have been Cimapa. 

Gigi/Jacy was perfectly solid though felt a bit lacking after the type of brawling and striking we got from the first two matches. The post match attack with Jayne getting her heat back was fine.

Chase/Gacy was another perfectly solid match though I didn't care for the finish. 

Roxanne/Meiko was so good. Dug the slower build and how much of an uphill match it was for Roxanne. I wish Roxanne got something more definitive, but it does leave the door open for more. I skipped the post match angle. Not big on this type of stuff. 

• Like 1

I just finished off NXT and from ya'lls comments I thought the closing angle was going to be way more extreme or something. That was nothing IMO. Oh well, guess you'll get some sharks seeing blood in the next few weeks from challengers for a multi woman match at S&D.

I know Chase is there for comedic relief (and he does a great job of it) but I'd like to see him win a few matches here and there. Do I have to watch Level Up for that?

They got 21-ish days for us to care about Bron standing a chance against Melo, good luck.

Thought we'd get Waller vs. Dragon Lee but guess not. I don't really need to see more Gargano in NXT but maybe I can use that time for a snack run. I'll need to figure out a menu for that weekend. 

I'm always here for Big Meaty Men Bumping Meat so I dug the 6 man match. Jailhouse match was fine, I thought Tony really cracked Dijak on that last crowbar shot until I saw the replay so nice work by those guys.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nofuture said:

The Roxanne stuff is a homage to the HBK/Owen Hart angle.  They were making a pretty big point in Roxanne saying she was training extra hard for the match.

Yeah I think this is going to be less about Roxanne and more about Meiko and doing some kind of indictment on old school Gaea Girls like Japanese training for lack of a better term.  If it would be nice if there was some new way of thinking on it but my guess it will be Meiko thinking the new generation of women are soft.  Make her the female version of GUNTHER. 

Edited by hammerva