DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/6 - 3/12/2023

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

According to Alvarez, Vince is at Raw. 

Reports are he was there to say hello to Cena.   Also that he now has a mustache. 

• Haha 1

John Cena had that 2003 Rock vibe tonight where he just outclassed everything on the show and lapped the field while doing so. 

Logan Paul is just a total natural. Dude was born to do this.

And someone more talented than I am needs to put the Bash at the Beach 96 audio track against that closing angle. “The career of a lifetime kid…right down the drain.”

• Like 1

It's Solo Sikoa taking on Kevin Owens!  This is fun!  Sikoa and Owens beat on each other.  Owens is smacky!  Sikoa hits a lowblow.  Owens hits many Lariats including a BIG ONE on the floor.  Jimmy Uso shows up and distracts Owen on the top to allow Solo to make Owens channel Ric Flair as he flies off the top to the mat!  Sikoa lowgrade beats on Owens while in picture in picture.  Owens tries a Senton but Sikoa gets his knees up.  NICE Samoan Drop by Solo.  OWens starts his comeback after Sikoa misses a dive into the corner and Owens DDTs him.  SUPERKICKS!  CANNONBALL!  SWANTON BOMB!  JIMMY RUNS IN!  DQ!  OWens is on the table!  SAMI ZAYN MAKES THE SAVE!  KO turns down Sami's hand.  Carmella is with Chelsea Green!  Bianca Belair is strong and dominant, but I love the obliviousness of Carmella.  Carmella has an unlikely foray into offense while we go to picture in picture.  She keeps cutting off Bianca and it's kinda funny because Belair should dominate someone at the level of Carmella.  Bianca finally hits a Backbreaker and Chelsea distracts the ref!  Superkick by Carmella for two!  Belair chucks Chelsea into the POUNCE AREA and comes in a uses her finisher on Carmella.  POSTMATCH,  Chelsea and Carmella beat on Bianca and Asuka comes out and BLUE MISTS Chelsea!  Dolph Ziggler and Omos have a match!  It doesn't last long!  Johnny Gargano and Finn Balor have a match.  Gargano flies over the toprope to go on offense as we go to picture in picture.  The Judgement Day CHEAT on the outside to get Balor on offense- so he sinks in a Chinlock as we wait out the rest of the commercials.  Gargano goes on a babyface comeback as we go back to normal screen!  Nice Spear by Gargano!  Balor Slingblades to COMEBACK!  Gargano cuts him off and gets a nearfall.  Gargano takes out Dominick while Rhea distracts the ref!  EDGE!  Pushes Balor off the top and Gargano DDTS Balor to get the win!  POSTMATCH, Edge spears Finn Balor!  That was perfectly fine.  Piper Niven and Nikki Kross have a match!  Nikki is CRAZY!  That was over in like 45 seconds.  Baron Corbin attempts to get on track by wrestling Chad Gable.  SWEET EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX by Gable!  Corbin gets Gable back on track by tapping to Gable's Ankle Lock!  That was ver quick.  Sami Zayn and Jimmy Uso are here to settle some stuff.  Awesome!  Zayn is back to working like Terry Funk!  GNARLY Suplex on the apron by Jimmy!  Zayn is fucking awesome selling an ass beating and Jimmy is good at supplying it.  Sami goes on offense with a Tornado DDT!  NICE Flying Crossbody by Sami!  Solo is kicked out and Sami hits a BLUE THUNDER BOMB for two!  Jimmy with a Samoan Drop in picture in picture!  They go total Memphis by just punching each other in the face.  Sami is awesome fighting from the toprope to hit a Powerbomb.  Jimmy hits a Superkick as Sami comes off the top.  Jey Uso shows up!  Sami rolls him up for the win!  POSTMATCH, Jey picks Sami over Jimmy!  THEN! JEY KICKS SAMI IN THE HEAD!  They beat on Sami and CODY MAKES THE SAVE!  That was a perfectly fine episode.

• Like 4

Jey Uso finally makes his choice! Think I heard him say "This family shit!"  and of course that's his twin brother. But I STILL think Jey Uso plays a part in tearing down The Bloodline. I still think he takes down Roman in some way.. not sure.  

In other news,  Austin Theory just got boxed up with a sticker that says "NXT" on the side  🤣

Not the biggest Austin Theory fan but man Cena went early to mid 2000s HHH on the mic tonight. I understand Cena pretty much can say whatever he wants and deservedly so but he couldn't have a better way to babyface himself with the audience than bury his Wrestlemania opponent. At this point, it's not like even the older audience would boo Cena so I don't get why Cena would feel the need to bury him outside of that's his only style of promo

Solo/KO was good and easily MOTN.

Bianca/Carmella was solid. Dug Chelsea's interference. She and Carmella make such a good team character wise.

Finn/Johnny was perfectly solid.

Cena destroyed Theory. Everything Cena said was so damn harsh but also accurate. I like Theory, but he really has never been believable outside of his lovable dumbass gimmick as Gargano's faux son in the Way. Cena won't in, but damn would I kind of love to see it happen. He could lose the belt to Ford in a US open challenge after 5-7 weeks in as champ. Would do far more for Ford or really anyone than beating Theory would have even before Cena murdered him tonight. 

Sami/Jimmy was nice while it lasted. Was more about the post match with Jey finally making his choice. Good segment. Cody making the save was a smart choice.

Totally bot on Sami/Jey and didn’t see the turn coming.  Figured they would get a couple weeks of Sami/Jey before  a turn, if there was a turn.  Well played.  The crowd completely bought into the hug too.

I love how The Greatest Storyline Ever has not only bungled the outcome that fans wanted to see the most (Sami beating Roman), but has now also bungled the outcome that fans wanted to see the second most (Jey choosing Sami over Roman), and is now cruising towards the outcome that fans seem to care the least about (Sami and Kevin reuniting for the dozenth time to win the meaningless tag titles while nothing about the Bloodline changes).

Masterful.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, EVA said:

I love how The Greatest Storyline Ever has not only bungled the outcome that fans wanted to see the most (Sami beating Roman), but has now also bungled the outcome that fans wanted to see the second most (Jey choosing Sami over Roman), and is now cruising towards the outcome that fans seem to care the least about (Sami and Kevin reuniting for the dozenth time to win the meaningless tag titles while nothing about the Bloodline changes).

Masterful.

Yes, the crowd absolutely HATED all of that...

Spoiler

20180412-QPVEoMRax6jlxcBMvL1h?s=b56b0cfa

• Like 5