DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

18 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Tommy Dreamer and Beulah is a late edition to tag match of people in the industry who've had a long marriage (although maybe Tommy isn't an outkick guy since he was a pretty boy babyface once)

It's shame (although it probably could have turned into a Sable/Mero and Sunny/Candido thing obviously) that Mick Foley's wife never got into the business cause that would have been the clear and obvious winner in terms of punching above your weight class. And he knows it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It's shame (although it probably could have turned into Sable/Mero and Sunny/Candido thing obviously) that Mick Foley's wife never got into the business cause that would have been the clear and obvious winner in terms of punching above your weight class. And he knows it.

Are you talking about the same Mick Foley who wouldn't shut up about how hot Melina was

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

I bet he’s one of those that thinks Foley is a closet pervert.

FTrspjvUYAAJPP0?format=jpg&name=small

But seriously, besides Renee Paquette currently, Collette based on everything Mick has said on Foley is Pod has to be the most ride or die wife in pro wrestling, bar none. Between the story of Mick slowing breaking the news to her he lost his ear in Germany, the many times he has retold being at the airport returning from the IWA King of the Death Match tournament in 1995, and recently her loving the coked out wonder that was Herb Abrams, I doubt she gives a fuck about Mick's proclivities talking about other women being hot. 

That said, I believe she was one of the Dudettes for like one week (either the 1st or 2nd week Mick did it) so she could be the one rolling on top of him when he was Dude Love instead of some strange lady. Other than that, I doubt she could be that jealous especially coming from the modeling world.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

You’re sure he isn’t?  I mean, there seems to be some evidence to support that idea, so it’s entirely farfetched.

Let’s see the evidence and not just dirt sheet stuff then?

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There was a thread recently on the BTS discord about what married wrestling couple had the most similar styles. My answer was a vague "probably a lucha couple". 

Risa Sera and her husband, who unfortunately also appears to have overperformed. At first, I asked myself why would a very attractive woman who in regular matches is a fairly good worker want to be the female Jun Kasai. Then I saw who her husband was and then it all made sense. They belong together. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

There was a thread recently on the BTS discord about what married wrestling couple had the most similar styles. My answer was a vague "probably a lucha couple". 

Kensuke Sasaki was a terrible Riki Choshu/ Road Warriors tribute act before Akira Hokuto taught him how to work. And he stole all of her moves in the process... so basically he stopped being a tribute act to his mentors, and became a tribute act to his (far more talented) wife instead.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Casey said:

Let’s see the evidence and not just dirt sheet stuff then?

I remember going WTF when he described Al Snow’s penis in one of his books when I was a kid. That was pretty perverted and unnecessary.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae.

Not sure if Ricochet and Kacy Catanzaro are still together, but that's another answer.

Edited by Go2Sleep

48 minutes ago, AxB said:

Kensuke Sasaki was a terrible Riki Choshu/ Road Warriors tribute act before Akira Hokuto taught him how to work. And he stole all of her moves in the process... so basically he stopped being a tribute act to his mentors, and became a tribute act to his (far more talented) wife instead.

I think a lot of his early career had to do with New Japan already having a firm set of main event acts. He wasn't going to be able to supersede those guys until they either stepped away or a spot opened up.

However, it is interesting that as soon as Hokuto's career started to wind down and injuries kinda took away many of her abilities that his career basically took off.

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

I remember going WTF when he described Al Snow’s penis in one of his books when I was a kid. That was pretty perverted and unnecessary.

By this same metric, Danielson is also a pervert because he talks about dicks nonstop around his co-workers, including females. Renee & Aubrey talked about it on an episode of the Sessions recently.

I’m of the opinion that neither are, and they just have fucked up senses of humor, but hey, whatever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Not sure if Ricochet and Kacy Catanzaro are still together, but that's another answer.

They broke up a while ago. Ricochet is engaged to the current Smackdown announcer. She even played a small part in a Christmas street fight Ricochet and Braun had with Imperium. 

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Coming back to this thread after being on the road for a bit and seeing it go to talking about wives and dudes' weiners and descriptions of dudes' weiners and who's a pervert and what's even a pervert, rather than IG Punk, is the funniest god damn thing ever

It's also hard to keep track of what thread drift is in which of the various AEW threads, presuming something isn't being discussed in multiple threads at the same time. 

• Like 1

Ricochet’s a good looking guy. I’m not sure you could say he “outkicked his coverage” with Kacy.

Well, there is the fact that she’s one of the most flexible hum-

Yeah. Yeah. Prince Puma outkicked his coverage.

15 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

1) pretty sure that Eddie Kingston is too busy addressing his enemies to get married (although the concept of Eddie Kingston having a Female Eddie Kingston would be fun, like Dirty White Boy and Dirty White Girl)

2) The Butcher needs to start some backstage trouble so we can get Butcher/Allie into this outkick match

She’s with Blade, not Butcher