DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

It's widely known that Moxley worked GCW without Tony's permission, and only stopped doing it because Tony had "no outside bookings" written into his new contract

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that. I was mostly thinking about on-screen talent when I wrote that, which Tony isn't quite yet.

20 minutes ago, just drew said:

Also, Phillips Head is lucky the Jackson’s knocked on his door after the outburst and not say, Mox & Kingston. Shit would’ve gone down quite differently…

I don’t know, man. Punk’s a trained MMA….

Ah, dammit. It can’t even get the joke out without laughing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

you'd think that Punk and Moxley would be able to bond over their shared trait of outkicking the coverage with their marriages

I’d be down for a four corner mixed tag mayhem: CM Punk & AJ Lee vs Mox and Rene vs Tay & Sammy vs Eddie Kingston and his wife.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I’d be down for a four corner mixed tag mayhem: CM Punk & AJ Lee vs Mox and Rene vs Tay & Sammy vs Eddie Kingston and his wife.

1) pretty sure that Eddie Kingston is too busy addressing his enemies to get married (although the concept of Eddie Kingston having a Female Eddie Kingston would be fun, like Dirty White Boy and Dirty White Girl)

2) The Butcher needs to start some backstage trouble so we can get Butcher/Allie into this outkick match

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Miro is biding his time until Lana joins the Outkastz and he makes a triumph return as proud Wife Guy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

336906174_898238828057689_64744583561309

But if I can be serious for a minute ...

Did Punk say he wasn't cleared the night he lost to Moxley? But he WOULD be cleared a week and a half later for the PPV? I don't think you flip from "can't hardly walk" to "work a long, debilitating title match" in an instant. If he was good for that then, surely he was good for the squash on TV?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Log said:

I don’t know, man. Punk’s a trained MMA….

Ah, dammit. It can’t even get the joke out without laughing. 

Listen, I fully believe that 80% of being a good fighter is not having to talk yourself into fighting someone. Mox & Kingston both strike me as guys who made that choice a long time ago. Phil looked like he was in the cage trying to talk himself into getting into the cage…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dog said:

Did Punk say he wasn't cleared the night he lost to Moxley? But he WOULD be cleared a week and a half later for the PPV? I don't think you flip from "can't hardly walk" to "work a long, debilitating title match" in an instant. If he was good for that then, surely he was good for the squash on TV?

It's possible he was pitched the same thing earlier in the timeline of his injury/recovery, it's not crystal clear from the way it's phrased. 

But if he was pressured into working without being cleared... yikes.

4 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

1) pretty sure that Eddie Kingston is too busy addressing his enemies to get married (although the concept of Eddie Kingston having a Female Eddie Kingston would be fun, like Dirty White Boy and Dirty White Girl)

Hopefully Eddie's girlfriend is better at promos than DWG. I'm going through SMW from early 1994 with this neverending program of those two vs. Brian Lee and Tammy (with Candido sometimes shoehorned in). God bless her, but she (Dirty White Girl) was terrible on the mic. I am counting down to when Brian Lee disappears to become the fake Undertaker and Tammy winds up getting a spot doing the WWF news desk segments for that very brief time before becoming Sunny. 

8 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

2) The Butcher needs to start some backstage trouble so we can get Butcher/Allie into this outkick match

I believe the Bunny married to The Blade, which is still impressive. That said, I am worried that between Mox, The Bunny, and The Blade in match permutation, the amount of color produced would get them thrown off TV.

FWIW though If the Butcher isn't married to like either member of Wasteland War Party, then it's all for naught really.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I believe the Bunny married to The Blade, which is still impressive.

yeah, i'm gonna take the ICP approach of not remembering if Allie is married to the Butcher or the Blade (my ICP approach involves not remembering if Violent J is the skinny one or the portly one, and no don't remind me)

Although The Blade being younger than The Butcher and having 15+ years of experience on him is something too.

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

OK, but we're sleeping on a money making opportunity where we hire out a movie theatre and we watch the entire Rocky series with Punk.

Nyla's asking if she should live-tweet the Rocky movies or if she should stream a review.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

yeah, i'm gonna take the ICP approach of not remembering if Allie is married to the Butcher or the Blade (my ICP approach involves not remembering if Violent J is the skinny one or the portly one, and no don't remind me)

Although The Blade being younger than The Butcher and having 15+ years of experience on him is something too.

Yeah, he's been around for a minute now. Plus, they (the former Braxton Sutter and Allie) have been married for ten years. That's wild. Now I feel old.

57 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

It's widely known that Moxley worked GCW without Tony's permission, and only stopped doing it because Tony had "no outside bookings" written into his new contract

Is that widely known? He’s working Bloodsport next month. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 3:31 AM, The Natural said:

Okada/Omega V, Omega/Ospreay NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 rematch, Okada/Danielson. Likely Danielson/Sabre Jr is rescheduled for this show as it was supposed to happen at the original AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door event till Danielson's concussion from Anarchy in the Arena. Be interesting to see who MJF defends the AEW World Championship against from NJPW as he's not losing it before then. AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2022 was so cursed.

Assuming Ospreay is out of action, total fantasy booking, no idea on the state of play in NJPW or the politics behind the curtain - 

Spoiler

IWGP Heavyweight Title - Okada v Omega - The obvious dream match to have on US soil

AEW Championship - MJF v Naito - This was actually hard to pick. I think Naito still has enough name value that a win here does something for MJF without hurting NJPW - I could also see MJF not working the show and really heeling it up by claiming that no-one New Japan put forward was worth his time.

IWGP Jnr Championship - Takahashi v Jungle Boy - Let's give JB a higher profile spot against a top name.

IWGP Tag Championship - Bishamon v v MCMG v Young Bucks v FTR - Need to YB and FTR onto the show

Danielson v ZSJ - Missed it last time. Let's go here.

House of Black v Narita/Suzuki/Desperado - Trios champs v Trios Champs

Darby/Sting/Cassidy/BestFriends v Bullet Club v JAS v Dark Order - 20 man Battle Royal

Clark Connors v Daniel Garcia - Two young up and comers going at it

Tanahashi v Takeshita - Could we see a passing of the torch? Not sure if the politics would let this happen but I'd love to see it.

Jon Moxley v Jay White - Give em 20 minutes to try and kill each other

Hayter/Baker v Mone/Kairi - Top women from each promotion

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

No idea what her streams are like but she's Good At Twitter, so the answer is obvious.

She should do the Creed movies too. More tweets!

Better yet, she watches The Rocky Horror Picture Show multiple times and complains that she's seeing the same thing in every movie. However, she still comes to the same conclusion as everyone else and says the fifth one is in the words of the great scholar Joe Budden "a two pack of ass".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It’s still wild to me that Jericho is a locker room leader, and held a meeting after Brawl Out in which he, Danielson and Mox talked about various things - one of them being to not air dirty laundry to the dirt sheets, I believe.

Fuckin’ lol on that one.

Edited by Casey
A word
  • Like 5