DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Isn't it? He's the guy in charge. He let this garbage get out of control.

Please produce the MRI that led you to the belief CM Punk was too hurt. Don't worry. I will wait.

• Haha 3

This is why I'd be shocked if we saw Punk in AEW again. If what is required is him being at least a bit apologetic/compromising/etc he isn't going to do it, its not in his blood. If he can come back with just a blanket "the past is the past, we can move past it" then I think he can probably pull that off, but there won't be a locker room speech or anything like that.

• Like 2

I'm getting my discussion of the endless Punk drama out of my system now. God forbid we get to enjoy the afterglow of a well-received Dynamite or anything like that.

CM Punk has the right to tell his side of the story and Meltzer continues to look dumb. But if Punk really managed to make enemies out of The Elite, Jericho and Moxley that quickly then why the hell would he even want to come back? How are you gonna defend yourself against accusations of being a "locker room cancer" when you literally made foes out of every single AEW World Champion up until that point?

• Like 7

First off, good on Mox for giving Philliam the old “that doesn’t work for me comma brother.”

Secondly, I flat out refuse to believe that no one’s ever told Punk they aren’t losing to him before…

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

But if Punk really managed to make enemies out of The Elite, Jericho and Moxley that quickly then why the hell would he even want to come back?

He bought his Los Angeles house right after signing with AEW - so assuming he didn't pay cash for it, that mortgage isn't going to pay itself

*Insert CM Punk "Pay attention to me!" GIF here*

Seriously, that's the only sentiment I get from him every time he says something now. Somebody has always wronged him. Somebody is always trying to go over him. Didn't he hold the title as an interm over the summer? It seems like TK was doing whatever he could to keep the strap on him, and clearly Khan loves Punk. But I guess that means you must go 150-0 in all matches and never lose. Jesus, it's so absurd.

The guy has two losses in AEW: MJF and Moxley. Whats the deal with everyone needing to be prime Bill Goldberg.

• Sad 1

I mentioned to my buddy today, that despite me absolutely despising Punk, i wanted him to come back so I could at least get Omega/Punk.

He just sent me what was posted with the tag line  "Man, if Punk sees a swimming pool, you know he just has to shit in it"

What a fucking crybaby.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Krone said:

The guy has two losses in AEW: MJF and Moxley. Whats the deal with everyone needing to be prime Bill Goldberg.

People have complained about too much parity in win-loss records for ages now and how "50/50" can water down a product or act. Their top act only having two Ls hanging on him in a year is how it's supposed to be.

Anyway, the big news here to me is Mox catching flack publicly as he's normally seen as being the company man and the good soldier who can be relied on. If he really pulled a "doesn't work for me, brother," what would his motivation have been? Was he sore about the "interim" stuff and wanted it recognized as official? That interim shit was nothing but a headache. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 4

I find it interesting that he's also going after Meltzer and calling him a liar, when it was his camp that was feeding him info. The business is better without Phil Brooks being in it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

People have complained about too much parity in win-loss records for ages now and how "50/50" can water down a product or act. Their top act only having two Ls hanging on him in a year is how it's supposed to be.

Anyway, the big news here to me is Mox catching flack publicly as he's normally seen as being the company man and the good soldier who can be relied on. If he really pulled a "doesn't work for me, brother," what would his motivation have been? Was he sore about the "interim" stuff and wanted it recognized as official? That interim shit was nothing but a headache. 

Mox isn’t catching any flak from anyone but Philkins. I haven’t seen any blowback on him online. I thought it was borderline ludicrous that he agreed to lose to Philly Cheesesteak at all after how he’d been built up…

2 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

OK, but we're sleeping on a money making opportunity where we hire out a movie theatre and we watch the entire Rocky series with Punk.

1 minute ago, nofuture said:

About this: I haven't seen every classic film in history but certain films are a part of pop culture lore that they have been referenced enough to the point where it's basically the equivalent of seeing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I misread the Punk instagram story at first (and forgot the sequence of matches) and thought Punk was accusing Moxley of refusing to win a match vs him

Maybe everybody else was nicer in the past but i'm also surprised if it took until 2022 for someone to publicly refuse to job to Punk

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, just drew said:

Mox isn’t catching any flak from anyone but Philkins.

Didn't say otherwise. But I think it's somewhat noteworthy, as Mox isn't a guy who seems to catch shit from dirtsheets or has been publicly known to be sideways with anyone major in the company. The accusation is surprising because it's not congruous with Mox's reputation. 

Now as dirtsheets start asking around with it, we'll probably here five different versions of what did or didn't go on, so who knows. 

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Didn't say otherwise. But I think it's somewhat noteworthy, as Mox isn't a guy who seems to catch shit from dirtsheets or has been publicly known to be sideways with anyone major in the company. The accusation is surprising because it's not congruous with Mox's reputation.

It's widely known that Moxley worked GCW without Tony's permission, and only stopped doing it because Tony had "no outside bookings" written into his new contract

• Thanks 1