DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

3 hours ago, Octopus said:

Love me some Papa Punishment. Watching his match with Danielson on my phone while at a hotel in Gary, IN is maybe my favorite random personal AEW moment. Another being the Mad King facing Akiyama.

Imagine in the early/mid 2000s when Eddie and Bryan were making a name for themselves telling them all this would happen.  Yes, even the watching from the phone part which had way older tech and couldn't compare to things now.  They would have laughed and Eddie would have said "Yeah fucking right" (among other things)   It'd be pretty surreal to think about at the time and now this happens way more often than it did before.  It's a crazy ass time to be a wrestling fan.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Hope Murder Grandpa is back for AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023.

Suzuki has been through the Forbidden Door so many times now that it’s just a regular door again. Bring in people from New Japan who’ve rarely been in AEW or not at all.

I say this every time Suzuki or Ishii show up, but I’m so sick of those two in AEW. We’ve gotten two Tanahashi matches. One from Okada, Shingo and ZSJ. None from Naito, SANADA, Hiromu… and I know certain things kept some of those people from appearing, but still.

Man, I rather see goddamn BISHAMON again over another Suzuki match in AEW. I feel dirty even saying that, yuck.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Suzuki has been through the Forbidden Door so many times now that it’s just a regular door again. Bring in people from New Japan who’ve rarely been in AEW or not at all.

I say this every time Suzuki or Ishii show up, but I’m so sick of those two in AEW. We’ve gotten two Tanahashi matches. One from Okada, Shingo and ZSJ. None from Naito, SANADA, Hiromu… and I know certain things kept some of those people from appearing, but still.

Man, I rather see goddamn BISHAMON again over another Suzuki match in AEW. I feel dirty even saying that, yuck.

I’m not going to be the one to tell them not to show up.

Maybe the next inter-promotional even should be Global Flood and AEW needs some kind of giant Ark. cut to: Nakajima wildly kicking MJF, Go Shiozaki vs Bryan Danielson II( or Danielson vs Marufuji 4?), Kenoh vs Jungle Boy in a handsome-off, Fujita vs Kingston, Yone vs Jarrett, Kiyomiya vs Omega, etc.

57 minutes ago, AxB said:

Suzuki is booked on a few Mania week shows, so he could be showing up in AEW again as soon as next Wednesday. 

Is he on the ROH PPV, for that matter? 

He's got a match on the NJPW x Impact show on Thursday night vs KENTA

Edited by Infinit
  • Thanks 1

TK just needs to do all the coke and somehow get NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Stardom, TJPW and Impact to do a show with AEW & ROH.

The crazy thing is that’s totally feasible most likely, except for Stardom and TJPW on the same show. I’d even go as far to say Stardom participating at all with anything AEW is far-fetched.

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

TK just needs to do all the coke and somehow get NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Stardom, TJPW and Impact to do a show with AEW & ROH.

The crazy thing is that’s totally feasible most likely, except for Stardom and TJPW on the same show. I’d even go as far to say Stardom participating at all with anything AEW is far-fetched.

In the footsteps of WWE, WCW and TNA, an entire Tokyo Dome show devoted to New Japan vs. AEW matches has to happen at some point

Wrestling Summit 2024?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

On the other hand, I would rather see Ishii and Suzuki in AEW again than, literally, any other two wrestlers in the world anyone could name. Nothng in wrestling would make me hapoier than to see both of them back in an AEW ring this year. And next year. And the year after that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

On the other hand, I would rather see Ishii and Suzuki in AEW again than, literally, any other two wrestlers in the world anyone could name. Nothng in wrestling would make me hapoier than to see both of them back in an AEW ring this year. And next year. And the year after that.

A monkey's paw curls as Suzuki vs Jarrett and Ishii vs Punk are booked for Forbidden Door.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

A monkey's paw curls as Suzuki vs Jarrett and Ishii vs Punk are booked for Forbidden Door.

I think I'd actually love that. Jarrett would have no choice but to bump and sell, for once. Punk would somehow have to try to top Jericho's bloody chest. I'd mark out for everything except the likely finishes. And if Jarrett put Suzuki over clean I might finally change my mind about him.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

I think I'd actually love that. Jarrett would have no choice but to bump and sell, for once. Punk would somehow have to try to top Jericho's bloody chest. I'd mark out for everything except the likely finishes. And if Jarrett put Suzuki over clean I might finally change my mind about him.

You and I both know Jarrett would strut and turn Ishii into I-S-H-Double I. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Starlight Kid just invaded Ichigaya Chocolate Square today. One step closer.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

In the footsteps of WWE, WCW and TNA, an entire Tokyo Dome show devoted to New Japan vs. AEW matches has to happen at some point

Wrestling Summit 2024?

I'm near certain I read this was in the cards pre-COVID, but it's always possible that idea kind of evolved/mutated into becoming the Forbidden Door PPV

23 hours ago, Octopus said:

Maybe the next inter-promotional event should be Global Flood Force and AEW needs some kind of giant Ark Gold Bar. cut to: Nakajima wildly kicking MJF, Go Shiozaki vs Bryan Danielson II( or Danielson vs Marufuji 4?), Kenoh vs Jungle Boy in a handsome-off, Fujita vs Kingston, Yone vs Jarrett, Kiyomiya vs Omega, etc. Jeff Jarrett, Nick Aldis, PJ Black, & Reno Scum invading Dynamite!

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 1

LMAO this Meltzer shit about Punk agreeing to lose to Mox in that match where Punk hurts his foot and loses in a few minutes only for Punk to get a lawyer involved to say Punk wouldn't be losing until TK stepped in to work it out is the phoniest shit I've ever seen. It's about as fake as that Ryan Fredericks shit from some weeks back. 

13 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Punk responded on Instagram, and well... everyone in the Dynamite thread should go ahead and give up their "Punk as the BCC's fourth man!" pitches.

I’m not seeing it.

Whatever the situation actually was, I do put Tony Khan at fault for most of this. Hotshotting that Moxley vs. Punk match on TV like that was a mistake. I doubt Punk was healthy enough to be in the ring by that point. 

But Khan mismanaged this whole situation. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Punk responded on Instagram, and well... everyone in the Dynamite thread should go ahead and give up their "Punk as the BCC's fourth man!" pitches.

Ok, guys. New plan! I have a way to work the Varsity Athletes into the feud. See, Mark Sterling is…………

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Whatever the situation actually was, I do put Tony Khan at fault for most of this. Hotshotting that Moxley vs. Punk match on TV like that was a mistake. I doubt Punk was healthy enough to be in the ring by that point. 

But Khan mismanaged this whole situation. 

I dunno what the situation is, but it's Tony Khan's fault.

What?

• Haha 6