DVDVR Message Board

March 2023 AEW Discussion

The Natural

6 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Agreed.  That’s why I watch Dynamite once a month or less and pretty much forget Rampage exists.

i would have been very into Dark and Elevation 10-12 years ago,  but I watch less and less wrestling each year and don’t really have time or desire to keep up with more.  I keep talking myself out of paying for Honor Club because even though it’s relatively cheap, there’s a very good chance entire months would go by without me watching a single show.

So you don't actually like watching wrestling any more, but you still enjoy complaining about it? 

That's kind of funny, but I can understand it.

• Like 2

New televised event, who this?

edit: oh so they removed the rampage taping the day before from the same arena. It may just be rampage due to preemption. They still have the following week advertised as a house show. But I’m sure we’ll get clarification soon. 

Edited by matt925
  • Like 4

I watch all four programs, and there's definitely a hierarchy when it comes to preference:

Dynamite (most weeks) > Dark Elevation > Dark > Rampage

I love that Dark Elevation and Dark AREN'T recap shows a la WWF Superstars/Wrestling Challenge, and that they have their own semi-universe of stories and nuances.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I love that Dark Elevation and Dark AREN'T recap shows a la WWF Superstars/Wrestling Challenge, and that they have their own semi-universe of stories and nuances.

They definitely have more of a WCW Saturday Night feel to them. What I would like more is matches with the end result more in doubt, though. I guess it would mean more young people on the same level facing each other, star vs star doesn't seem to happen there very often. Actual WCW Saturday Night-level main events would also do wonders.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Shartnado said:

What I would like more is matches with the end result more in doubt, though. I guess it would mean more young people on the same level facing each other, star vs star doesn't seem to happen there very often.

I'm going to agree here. I believe that when Dark Elevation first launched, that was the initial goal (the old intro certainly showed it.) There's enough folks either within the company or local talent that gets reused frequently enough that they could make the show that.

One of the things I really do enjoy on Dark Elevation and Dark are seeing returning local talent, I'm sure several of us have favorites that they'd like to see more often!

• Like 4

Chris Hyatte drank himself to death and didn't hide that fact in his final days and even on his gofundme. Scott will probably live a long life because he doesn't do anything.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Holy shit I legit had no idea Scott Keith was still around.

I had not thought about Scott Keith in years until last Wednesday's main event during the Jericho/Omega portions - I was sitting there racking my brain, trying to remember who always used to say 'Canadian Violence!!' in their recaps. Beyond that, dude hasn't crossed my brain unless I visit PWO and scroll past the 'Why Scott Keith's New Book Is Scary Bad' post that's been up for like 15 years.

• Like 1

How are you supposed to get these Forbidden Door tickets? Every single time we have clicked on seats, they get sniped instantly. Even had the tickets picked and the card number input and Ticketmaster says "Nah, you're not going"... Actually absurdity.

4 minutes ago, Krone said:

How are you supposed to get these Forbidden Door tickets? Every single time we have clicked on seats, they get sniped instantly. Even had the tickets picked and the card number input and Ticketmaster says "Nah, you're not going"... Actually absurdity.

That's shitty - I had trouble getting into the waiting room - but the ticket buying piece had no issues 

• Like 1

Just now, S.K.o.S. said:

All I can say is keep trying. I was able to get one. Seems like they're going very quickly, unsurprisingly.

But the thing is, we were on the selection screen. Like we had our tickets selected and you're supposed to have the allotted time to input your credit card, etc. and Ticketmaster just gave them elsewhere. $200 tickets already being sold for $1500. Disappointing to say the least. It's gotta be something with Ticketmaster cause I think this is what happened for Taylor Swift's recent tour.

• Sad 1